The World of Layonara  Forums

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bought 75x Honey @50T each.
Paid 3750T to the chest

~Jebediah Kovaluu~
Development Journals and Discussion / Re: Alec's Journal
« Last post by 55060hacker on April 14, 2024, 09:01:31 pm »
I met another Aragenite, Jebediah, who successfully found the cure for my speech impairment.  He called on the name of Aragen, and found the knowledge and the cure! Praise to Aragen!
Development Journals and Discussion / Re: Alec's Journal
« Last post by 55060hacker on April 14, 2024, 05:36:42 pm »
I have found that I am able to produce some sounds by using my upper respiratory tract, but am afraid that I will sound lack-witted if I try talking. Some sound combinations are impossible for me to do, and I end up coughing and sputtering uncontrollably when I try. While this may improve my chances of talking with people, I do not want them to feel sympathy for my plight.  I am a faithful follower of Aragen, the Lord of Knowledge, surely I can overcome these difficulties.
Development Journals and Discussion / Alec's Journal
« Last post by 55060hacker on April 14, 2024, 07:14:50 am »
Rather uneventful day, Sat around the campfire at Center, studying my flash cards to learn sign language. Sometimes, I wish there was another person to practice with.  This gets rather boring. While examining my equipment, I noticed that my quarterstaff has a light on it. I wonder if I can dispel that effect, to make myself less noticeable, while still being armed defensively. I prayed to Aragen to grant me this ability but apparently failed removing the light from my staff. *sigh*
Character Submissions / Re: Alec the Mute: Resubmit for Wizard Levels
« Last post by miltonyorkcastle on April 09, 2024, 07:20:47 pm »
Recall that in NWN, unlike actual D&D, caster levels do not stack, so he would be, for instance, a 13th caster level for Cleric, and a 7th caster level for Wizard, but not a 20th level caster overall. You may know this already, and it's not necessarily pertinent to player rules here, but going backwards is harder than going forward in terms of approval, so I just want you to be sure this is the path you want to go.

Since you acknowledge that you must have at least five levels in each class before 20th, Aragen and Lucinda have a neutral standing with each other, Aragen has no specific multiclassing restrictions, and Wizard is a starting class, you are approved to take levels in Wizard.
Ask A Gamemaster / Re: Restoration/Greater Restoration
« Last post by miltonyorkcastle on April 09, 2024, 07:08:37 pm »
I'd say there is definitely some interpretation, but I'd say it would depend on the injury, the source of the injury, and the nature of the magic used to restore it. Greater Restoration can fix most things, up to certain powerful curses and such.

I'd say it could restore his ability to speak, though it may be fun to explore the situation that leads to the his regaining the ability to use his vocal chords and how that works out afterwards- the experience of speaking again after so many years.

You could request a short CDQ from a GM, or just maybe schedule an non-GMed event for other PCs to be part of the journey to recover his ability to speak (so you don't have to wait for a GM). Then you'd have a story to tell about it when he got his voice back. Alec's New Groove.
Ask A Gamemaster / Re: Help, Mime cleric stuck in balcony.
« Last post by miltonyorkcastle on April 09, 2024, 06:59:27 pm »
Thanks to willhoff for the save! I just now saw this post, like two days later, heh.

@55060hacker, don't hesitate to ping me or another GM on Discord when you get stuck IG. We may or may not be able to pop in game right at that second, but I'll certainly hop on as soon as I can. I'm on Discord pretty much all the time thanks to the phone app, but I only remember to check the forums every few days, heh.
Trade and Market Hall / Re: Buying glass & coal
« Last post by minerva on April 09, 2024, 03:18:24 pm »
Charlee drops off 150 ingots of glass and 50 lumps of coal

Leaves a note   I'll catch up to you for payment and get the other 10 coal to you
Character Submissions / Re: Character Submission - Reyne Sun-Badger
« Last post by Riven on April 09, 2024, 02:01:04 am »
Thanks!
RL is busier than I'd like so it'll be a little while before launching her. I may also wait until there are a few people starting low level characters.
:)
Ask A Gamemaster / Re: Help, Mime cleric stuck in balcony.
« Last post by willhoff on April 07, 2024, 11:21:30 pm »
*A friendly druid finds Alec and fly's him up some tinder and flint and they get down safely*
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10