The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: *Bounces around*  (Read 957 times)

Solara

*Bounces around*
« on: September 08, 2011, 09:46:21 pm »
[SIZE=13]Ello! My name is Jennifer but I go by Jen or Jenny usually. I live in an EST time zone though I was born in Scotland and I'm now in my early 20s. I'm a little hyper so ignore the title, it seemed appropriate at the time and I couldn't think of anything better.

Last night about this time I was sitting around on a different Neverwinter Night's RP server that my boyfriend and I had discovered only 3 days ago. Despite the fact it hadn't been long enough for the feeling of novelty to wear off we were already growing tired of it. Not because we disliked the people or the setup and I wont name the server for posterity sake. Lets just that they are very grind heavy and we don't have the time to dedicate to grinds which keep us from role playing anywhere but 1-2 low level zones.

So I started googling other possibilities using my amazingly awesome google skills!... he did most of the searching. :p  

Eventually we found the main page for this community, Lyonara, which roped us in almost immediately. The further we dug the more excited we became over Layonara and the prospect of the role play that could await us here. About 2 hours into our informative research frenzy (which consisted of one of us going to the other every 2-5 minutes and exclaiming "Look at this!" or "Oh wow they have ---- here!" sometimes "dcbhd,mv,.ifdf" but that only happened when the cat walked over my keyboard) my boyfriend discovered you had an IRC chat.

He then proceeded to join it without telling me and started magically answering all the questions we had not been able to find direct answers to or at all. Of course I refused to be out-done and nearly sent myself into a tizzy trying to find answers before he could spout them to me. That is until he casually informed me he was asking people in a Layonara IRC chat all his questions.

She was not amused. >:/

So we both spent the next 15 minutes getting me set up and connected to the IRC chat where upon joining I had the delight of meeting several Layonara members. I have to say thus far you all seem like a very friendly and welcoming group. Further more I think the world you have created with meticulous detail and care is simply exquisite and I cannot wait to join it as soon as possible with boyfriend in tow.

I'm pretty sociable on most days so feel free to ask me any questions and just poke me to chat if the mood strikes you. :D [/SIZE]

Tales

• View Profile
    Re: *Bounces around*
    « Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 10:03:42 pm »
    *Waves.*

Greetings everyone, since my lovely Girlfriend did such a good job writing a introduction post, I thought I'd just add my own little post to hers.  First off she's pretty much said everything that needed to be said.  I am just as excited as she is to be here.  From the moment I signed on to your Chat and all of you on there welcomed me with a lot of advice and answering all my questions I knew this was a good server to join.  

A bit about me, I'm a 22 year old DJ from Toronto, Canada.  I've been Roleplaying since I was 13 starting from simple forum RP eventually roleplaying in games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Age of Conan, World of Warcraft, Garry's Mod, and Aion.  I've only recently discovered NWN, and my only thought is I wish I discovered it earlier.

Anyway, you have all been very kind, and very welcoming.  Thanks to everyone on there and I look forward to meeting you all and sparking some great RP. :)

~Tales

merlin34baseball

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 10:04:59 pm »
    Welcome welcome! We love new players!

I've been here 6 years? Yeesh! It's a lot of fun. Feel free to post any questions you might have, but usually IRC is the way to go for super quick answers!

Merlin34

RollinsCat

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 10:08:51 pm »
    Welcome!

Solara

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 10:12:34 pm »
    Quote from: merlin34baseball
    Welcome welcome! We love new players!

I've been here 6 years? Yeesh! It's a lot of fun. Feel free to post any questions you might have, but usually IRC is the way to go for super quick answers!

Merlin34

Thanks for the continued warm welcome both of you. I quoted Merlin because I noticed your signature which seems to suggest you are a Guns 'N Roses fan. If so, I like you more already. :D

We're still trying to digest all the new lore and figure out what to submit for our first characters, hopefully we wont be delayed much longer though!

merlin34baseball

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 10:36:25 pm »
    It's easiest to get IG with a simple submission, but the character approvers will guide you on your way with any submission you wish to have! They're top notch!

merlin34baseball

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 10:38:40 pm »
    Tales... nice quote in the signature! I can't wait to read the next book... paperback should be coming soon!

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 10:40:22 pm »
    Winter is Coming. . .

Love those books!  But welcome!  Could use an injection of new and good RPers.  Especially if they like A Song of Fire and Ice.

Tales

• View Profile
      « Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 10:58:02 pm »
      I actually finished the 5th book a couple weeks ago, not going to say anything but. :O

And yeah, they are probably some if not the best books I've ever read, and I'm glad I got Solara into Game of Thrones, though currently she's only watching the show.  I hope to push her into reading the books or at least listening to the very awesome "Roy Dotrice" on the Audio Books.  *hint hint nudge nudge*

Thanks, and hope to RP with you all soon!

geloooo

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 11:26:16 pm »
      We Do Not Sow! **Shakes fist*

Welcome to Layonara! :)

Link092

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 11:40:14 pm »
      Quote from: geloooo
      We Do Not Sow! **Shakes fist*

Welcome to Layonara! :)

'Ware this one, he is evil and hath not a shred of elfanity in thine soul. He'll set upon ye, his hoard of spiders, he will! Tread carefully brave new adventurers! But that might have changed in the past 6 months. I gotta get back in game with my new character I'm buzzing up.

RollinsCat

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 11:49:56 pm »
      'loooo doesn't sow...he reaps...

Check out the Character Stable if you want to jump in right away, all those characters are pre-vetted and you can change the name and such to personalize it.  You still have to submit them but it's a fast turnaround on the approval.

s0ulz

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 02:01:52 am »
      You guys are so mainstream... jeesh...

Oh, and welcome! If you need advice for the mechanical side of your character, feel free to hit me up.

Cheers,

Guardian 452

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 03:06:29 am »
      Chatted with ya both over on IRC today. Welcome once again! Hope to see you both in game soon. Fell free to ask questions when you have them. Lots of helpfull folks here!

G-452

darkstorme

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 03:21:12 am »
      Hey Link: Horde/Hoard.

To Tales and Solara - welcome to Layonara!

cbnicholson

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 08:25:21 am »
      Heh, I'm late, but Welcome aboard!
      "Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Mooneyes

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 08:55:53 am »
      Hi....welcome!!! Look forward to rping with you guys :)

Nehetsrev

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 09:55:39 am »
      Current, additional entities.

Tales

• View Profile
        « Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 12:47:54 pm »
        Quote from: Guardian 452
        Chatted with ya both over on IRC today. Welcome once again! Hope to see you both in game soon. Fell free to ask questions when you have them. Lots of helpfull folks here!

G-452

Thanks everyone, and holy  Reboot!  Love that show.

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 03:16:01 pm »
        Is that where G-452's quote is from?

anything