The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: *Grins* Hello!  (Read 478 times)

WestSideR

*Grins* Hello!
« on: August 14, 2008, 06:49:23 pm »
Hello Community,

You can call me West.  I heard about this game and I like what I see.  I have played many games in my past, including games such as World of Warcraft, Lineage 2, stuff where you dont have to roleplay much... but before that I played alot of RP games.  I think this game is interesting and I would love to play.

Just a few questions that I might even find out just looking around the website a bit longer;

1) Where can I download the game to play with you guys?

2) I saw a character request type thing, do I need to do this to play?  Looks a bit hard...

3) Anyone want to be my friend? ^_^

Thank you for reading!  I look forward to playing with all of you.

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle

Lord of the Forest

Re: *Grins* Hello!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 07:00:21 pm »
Evening West,

just something quick on 1) and 2) before I head to bed ^^

1) Layonara is a PW for Neverwinter Nights. NWN plus its two Add-Ons are required to run Layo. Your game version must be 1.68. SO you either need NWN plusthe two expansions or simply buy the diamond edition. Both you can get pretty cheap these days. TO run layo though you need to download some specific hakpacks and the like (custom content). You can find that here: http://forums.layonara.com/local_links.php

2)Yes you will have to submit a character first and get it approved in order to jump in game. It is probably best to get a bit knowledge about what is going on is the world, background and the like. There are some well written submissions in the approved character section. You may read through them and get an idea about what is required. Here's a link which sums up what is needed in a submission: http://forums.layonara.com/character-submissions/114377-guidelines-characters-submissions-prestige-classes-other-information.html If you have any other questions don't hesitate and poke me or any other member of this community :) We have a "Ask a Gamemaster" Forum where you can ask questions and we will answer them as good as we can :)

This being said, welcome aboard! ;)

waballou

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 02:55:57 am »
Hello! :)  Did you by chance come from onrpg?

WestSideR

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 02:57:41 am »
Yes I did.

waballou

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 11:27:04 am »
This is wex101, I started that thread.  I'm glad I sparked a bit of interest there :)