The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: 36 weeks later  (Read 400 times)

stolen

36 weeks later
« on: January 01, 2008, 05:30:08 am »
Well, I've been on Layo for about 9 months so I guess I should introduce myself.

First of all, My name is Stacy.....(pauses for everyone to go "oh my god...he's a girl)...no, I'm not a girl.

I live in the SF bay area.
I'm an avid scifi/horror fan and still, at 40, love comic books.
I have 3 fantastic kids :
boy 8
girl 5
girl 3

and a wonderful wife of 16 years who thinks I'm a total geek for playing this game. But I played PnP when we met so she knew what she was getting in to.
....married 16 years, not 16 years old.....that sounded a bit distrubing for a minute.

I am in construction and spend way too much time playing layo, but it is my only vice......*ponders* is it a vice? *shrugs*

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin, Serissa, Thak, Stephen_Zuckerman, LordCove, Hellblazer, Lynn1020, ystrday

Leanthar

Re: 36 weeks later
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 09:48:04 am »
If I had to vote I would say it is not a vice *smiles and winks*

Glad you are enjoying Layo.

Nice looking family. :)

Grid Blader

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 10:33:04 am »
Welcome *waves*

Dorax Windsmith

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 11:16:21 am »
Join the club of guys who play here and whose wives think they are big time geeks for playing this game *smiles*.  Welcome aboard!

ArthurMcStorm

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 01:51:02 pm »
Welcome back!

lonnarin

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 02:44:47 pm »
Such cute little kids there!  It's like starting a goblin legion in real life, LARP Layo, lol!  Do they ever get any video game time now that their daddy is a Layo addict?

One thing's for certain, when the youngest two hit 8, then its time to staert running family PnP sessions! ;)

stolen

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 02:51:10 pm »
my 8 year old can beat me at halo and my 5 year old has a ds....so they get some time on weekends and holidays.
my 8 year old is trying to learn how to type because i told him when he did he could play on layo.

darkstorme

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 03:27:43 pm »
*chuckles*  Now THERE's motivation.  Very cute kids you've got there. :)

Pseudonym

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 06:27:26 pm »
Quote from: Dorax Windsmith
Join the club of guys who play here and whose wives think they are big time geeks for playing this game *smiles*.

We have a club? I think (based upon level of spousal disdain) that I would have to be the president!

Finally, officially welcome to stolen! :)

Falonthas

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 06:40:11 pm »
i doubt your spousal disdain beats some girlfriend disdain
we need a poll

Serissa

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 08:15:00 am »
Now wait just a minute! There are many females playing on Layonara. Some of them introduced their mates to the game. Are you making the effort? An available computer and game copy all set up and some joint planning for complementing characters can go a long way. There's nothing like a few rounds in the arena with you to help her realize what fun it is to kill!
  :D Here's to more happy couples playing Layo!

DMOE

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 08:45:01 am »
And then there are of those of us ladies who's men moan they get to play more Layo than the men do *looks shifty*

jrizz

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 01:12:37 am »
Quote from: Pseudonym
We have a club? I think (based upon level of spousal disdain) that I would have to be the president!

no way dude :) I am so the chairman of the board.

anything