The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A few new faces  (Read 1663 times)

Joyrock

• View Profile
    A few new faces
    « on: May 13, 2007, 06:35:07 pm »
    Hello and greetings from across the lake.

I am a admin of a larger, and one of the longest lasting line of NWN servers. most my DM team got very busy battling a beast called 'skool' and left to script,build,host,and manage the server for a few months alone was very hard when it was when it was a newly made version that was never fully finished. the players grew laxed and could only RP when a DM was around after many,many trys to get players to RP on there own, a few of the kindest, and better RPers of the community tempted by me have decided to pick up and go else where.

Tired of DMing I heard of a few good places that would be great, I asked around and this place came up from a few other friends. One player al'ready has some family that plays here, seems all roads lead here.

So after studying up on your ways, and the server rules you can look forward to some nice,friendly,Rpers showing up to introduce themselves I thought I would make this topic for them to do just that. :)

Samandria & risen-and-reborn are examples of the friendly folks you can look forward to seeing, we are all taking our time making chars reading your history,etc

:D I will go first!

Hi I am joyrock, I am long time RPer, I am a great friendly guy that loves games mechanics, mages, building for NWN and scripting. came here looking for a place I could just be a player and relax, meet some kind folks, and have fun with great RP.

Going to have fun learning your ways, and hope you bare with us barbarians with our strange ways as we adjust to yours, thats about it.

P.S. Where are the RP forums? you know that lovely place where I post pages about what my char does in there daily life while I am at a PC but not able to play NWN?

Aleksei_Aiden

• View Profile
      Re: A few new faces
      « Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 06:51:08 pm »
      As Joyrock has spoken of, I am one of the DM's that has been working on this newer version of the server with Joyrock. As I have also discovered that players on the server we came from, have become almost fully dependant upon DM's to create roleplay.

So, I have also moved over to here, first to study the lore, maps, and gods of the campaign and familiarize myself before sending in my first character.

I am aleksei. I have like joyrock, role played for a long time (if you want to know how long, you're welcome to PM me :P ) and I am a generally level headed guy and I will go with about anything for the sake of roleplay.

And to add to Joyrocks' mention of barbarians.

"Yarsh yarsh, ve got dah h'axe" :P

I hope to learn more of Layonara and hope to call this my new "home" away from home.

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 06:53:31 pm »
      It'll be great to have you all with us... If you ever need help, just seek out a Kinai Ancalime or Amaris Tinuviel and send me a Tell, and I'll do what I can :)

Welcome to Layonara.

Risen-and-Reborn

• View Profile
        « Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 07:33:13 pm »
        Heya Joyrock. I'm another from that server, but i was never a DM.

Polak76

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 07:34:18 pm »
        Greetings and welcome.

Hopefully our timzones might overlap and we can RP at some point.

Otherwise I'm sure you'll enjoy yourselves.

Polak76

hawklen

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 07:50:38 pm »
        Welcome! And the character development journals thread is a place to keep up the day to day of your PC located here: http://www.layonara.com/character-development/

Oh, you can located Hawklen Ancalime or Amras Tinuviel. Be warned, hawk is unpredictable and may tell you to sod off ;)

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 07:52:00 pm »
        That's why he has Kinai...She's the nice side :)

hawklen

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 08:03:11 pm »
        Quote from: Interia_Discordius
        That's why he has Kinai...She's the nice side :)

*raises a brow* Oh? She just keeps him semi sane dear. ;)

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 08:06:42 pm »
        She loves his insane side! Semi sane is fine, he's a cutie.

**coughs** Okay, let's not hijack the thread.

Makashi

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 08:07:25 pm »
        Welcome to the server guys. Look forward to reading your submissions and seeing oyu in game.

Serissa

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 08:40:49 pm »
        There are three tavern forums, which mostly serve to post notices now, but could also be used for RP purposes.

Welcome to Layonara.  I look forward to meeting you.

Serissa (Ferrit Pandorn/Sala Stonehill)

LynnJuniper

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 08:45:25 pm »
        ....This may be interesting.

It shall certainly serve to amuse me....

Lets see what happens, how this progresses....Welcome, Welcome, now Shall We dance? *winks*

lolli_gagged

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 08:47:34 pm »
        Welcome welcome. Give a holler should you need anything, Aiek or Lolli, both willing. Have fun.

Joyrock

• View Profile
          « Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 09:06:35 pm »
          Quote from: Risen-and-Reborn
          Heya Joyrock. I'm another from that server, but i was never a DM.

your a DM in my eyes risen ;) I mentioned you in my post. Who could forget Nox the mistrusting tiefling? just to update you on it, jimblee and Celezar are heading on over so is rainne. Have not talked to baron,tact,mace,or proky but I am getting around to it. oh and how can I forget poor Star.

So there is a few more of your pals to come. Just reading up on history, rules,the world, and a few other things.

oh thanks also to you folks posting back on my P.S.

We really wish to try and learn as much as of this place as we can, don't want to make it seem like a noob storm, or a hostile take over. We fully wish to adapt to the server before setting down.

mav your great with accents but you forgot one. Vere varv va wampires?

Kolskeggr

• Followers of Dorand
            • Followers of Folian S'pae
            • View Profile
          « Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 09:27:14 pm »
          Welcome aboard!

Looking forward to meeting you all.  *bows*

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2007, 09:28:04 pm »
          the Character Development section of the forums is where you put your character's personal RP stuff. Otherwise, there's a wide variety of RP forums, like the tavern forums that Serissa mentioned.

If you haven't found the "start here" page or LORE, check the links near the top of the page. LORE will be invaluable to you to familiarize yourself with the custom additions to Layo.

Joyrock

• View Profile
            « Reply #16 on: May 13, 2007, 10:17:24 pm »
            ok a few of us are looking at making a group of brothers from a long fallen noble house, that fell through it dark part in making a blood well for Sinthar, gained power from his return, and later after his defeat the house fell into ruin when it support of his return was found out.

what we were wondering, is where could we find info on the forsaken isles, and on Sinthar and his allies.

to better tie in the house's dark shameful past into it alittle better.

also wish to know about Prajanas isle - in the Red Dust Hills

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 11:18:20 pm »
            you might have to wait until the release of the next handbook before you get enough info on Bloodstone to make characters that are the offspring of his former supporters.

Also, there are limitations to the status (nobility, fame (or infamy), etc.) a starting character can have. I'm betting that in your case, since the house has now been in ruin for some years that your characters are not in danger of having much status. Still, it's something to keep in mind. You can't be playing the long lost daughter of Sinthar or something.

for everything else, there's LORE, or hopefully a GM will have a better answer for you.

Joyrock

• View Profile
              « Reply #18 on: May 13, 2007, 11:37:40 pm »
              checked the lore have not found much info on it, right now there is a few of us pouring over it on MSN helping create chars.

currently this is what I have as the base for my char, there are 4 player members of the house the eldest and very odd controling borther. mine the rebel middle with selfish wants, the youngest and not the brightest or remotely good looking brother, and there adopted sister from the streets.

pretty much we come from our family house in some rundown place if we were to tell storys of it, it would have alot of fireball marks and cats.(can't have a run down place with out cats!;)

eldest brother gaining what left of the familys small wealth (next to nothing) would dress some what better then the rest, the middle (me) would dress more like a normal mage, and the youngest rather poorly.

some where in the family line inbreeding took place to keep the familys talent for magic (sorc based) around. with the line dwindling we fallen to a sad state. we live in nothing with each having there own goals.

the family would no longer be noble being all claims to that had been stripped from them, only thing left was a dwindling wealth which through time is nearly completely dried up to what ever basic starting gear we have.

the idea behind these blood wells, is merely a reason for others to see a great injustice done by this family, of once petty self serving folks.

I thank you for your comments, on knowledge of these blood wells. knowledge of this is not really that important, what more so is, is locations of slums, or
              the two locations i posted about the forsaken isles, or the Prajanas isle - in the Red Dust Hills.

while knowledge on blood wells is not important a place of orgin is.

aragwen

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 02:25:50 am »
              Welcome to Layonara all of you. I hope and trust you will find what you seek in this great world.

As stated allready, no character can have claim to nobility, so the nobililty of the house should be totally destroyed and clear understanding is needed to no claim can be made at any moment of time. As such the knowledge of this house would almost be non-existant, the only ones who would know of its lost nobility is probably the four family members if they even choose to remember it.

As for bloodwell and bloodpools, there is not much information known about these, except perhaps in the highest levels of arcane groups or temples of Lucinda. Location of some of the bloodpools are known, but those are the ones which were destroyed. Those not destroyed their location is possibly unknown or kept very secret by a select few. And creating a bloodpool is not something that would have happened easily (if it even possible). Like I said not much is known about them :) I think you will be way better of to leave any reference regarding bloodpools out of your background as it will make approval of your characters a nightmare.

The same probably ring true of Sinthar Bloodstone (except if you want to somehow relate to aiding him many years in the past which has no direct bearing on the current characters but are merely old family history (which might not even be true, who knows).

As for the Forsaken Islands, that is not some place where you will live, except if you are undead. The Forsaken Islands till recently have been cursed and any who linger to long there or even near there would be turned into undead.

Your one source of information is LORE, but the other very important source is the campaign handbook which can be found here.

As for places where the family could find themselves, basically anywhere, but towns that have a less than good reputation would include, Katherian and Prantz. Prantz being ruled by one of Sinthar's generals, so if you really set on being part of Bloodstone, then perhaps Prantz and being part of that army that invaded is not a bad idea.

Hope this helps you a bit.

anything