The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: All about DMOE  (Read 575 times)

DMOE

All about DMOE
« on: March 12, 2007, 10:41:04 am »
Well I'm a S.A.H.M (mostly) to my two kids..Natalya (5) and Gwilym (nearly 3).

Before I gave up working to have my kids I was a project secretary for a building company on a refurbishment/extension to a large local store.  I presently work part time at weekend evenings in a liquor store.  When the kids are old enough I'm toying with the idea of going back to school and maybe training to become a Midwife.

I've been playing PnP for a good 14 years now and about enjoyed playing NWN multi player with my partner until we decided around July 2005 to look for a persistent world.

Being lazy I tasked him with finding a good one and forgot about it till he found Layonara....First character submitted in August 2005 and been here ever since!

Recently I got involved with the testing of the LSPM module to give a little back to the place and I hope to continue to do that from time to time where I can.

I've played a wide variety of PnP systems being always happy to be experimented on by my DM's and one of the things I like about Layo is the PnP feel that the team bring to it where it's actually possible to.

I presently play Ireth Astendor (formerly Telrunya) and Muireann.

I like a wide variety of music and enjoying reading and cross-stitch when my kids and my cat let me.  I also enjoy the luxury of being able to play Layo on a laptop, crashed out in front of the TV watching DVD's.

The following users thanked this post: Thak, Hellblazer

miltonyorkcastle

Re: All about DMOE
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 05:43:32 pm »
Laptop.... I need to get me one of those.

huh, I didn't realize you started after I did, DMOE.

hawklen

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 06:15:25 pm »
Hello dmoe!

Wow, a flood of intro posts!

DMOE

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 05:31:49 pm »
Thought I'd throw up some pictures of my little darlings, Natalya and Gwilym!

The individual pics are from December last year.  The joint pic is from some time in 2005.

LordCove

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 04:29:39 am »
Aww.....they're cute.

And from Nottingham! *tries to think of something derogatory to say about Nottingham....but fails and just waves*

DMOE

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 05:08:59 am »
Oh yeah...so cute when the eldest wonders into the bedroom at 5am and asks a stupid question....honest!!! *grins*

Weeblie

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 05:28:31 am »
Awwwww! :)

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 10:40:32 am »
5AM? Thats not early DMOE! Lord Cove, leave all the derogartory Nottingham comments to Nibor21, its under control.  

Thanks for the intro, and all the fun times DMOE, I love having you around.

Serissa

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 10:44:15 am »
Mmm, I remember Nottingham fondly.  Stopped in a pub there once and had a venison and wild mushroom pie--best thing I ever tasted, including candy and booze.

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 11:08:47 am »
*Dreams of venison and wild mushroom pie*

Black Raven

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 04:01:12 pm »
    Heh, your daugher looks cute with that outfit!

And complain all you like, you know you like having the option to complain to begin with *winks*

you just got yourself a reason to be insane and you love it!

Pseudonym

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 01:31:57 am »
    Quote from: DMOE
    Oh yeah...so cute when the eldest wonders into the bedroom at 5am and asks a stupid question....honest!!! *grins*

I hear ya DMOE. I've got a 5 year old too and I cannot tell you the number of 5am wake-ups I get on how to spell some word he's discovered from the day before. I have a question myself that occurs to me at that time of the morning ... When does the bloody pay-off come with these kids ?!!?

:)

jrizz

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 01:47:53 am »
    Quote from: Pseudonym
    I hear ya DMOE. I've got a 5 year old too and I cannot tell you the number of 5am wake-ups I get on how to spell some word he's discovered from the day before. I have a question myself that occurs to me at that time of the morning ... When does the bloody pay-off come with these kids ?!!?

Every day, every single day :) I love being a dad!!!

hawklen

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 01:56:17 am »
    Quote from: Pseudonym

The pay off? Retirement. They get to look after you *winks*

Pseudonym

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007, 02:15:53 am »
    They'd better .... and I am going to pick the most expensive nursing home in Australia!

Anyways .. back to DMOE .. is Natalya wearing an angel costume? hehe, the delicious irony!

DMOE

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2007, 02:18:47 am »
    She was 'Whoops a Daisy Angel' in the school Christmas play last year....The lead role I might I add...

But yes, the irony was commented on by myself and her Father *grins*

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 10:00:33 am »
    *pokes DMOE*  Cute kids

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 11:25:15 am »
    I have to say those are awesome names.

DMOE

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 05:40:31 pm »
    Actually Stephen.....Both our kids are named after old PnP characters although Gwilym is also the welsh for Dad's middle (traditional familly) name.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 10:45:25 pm »
    That is freaking awesome.