The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Anamnesis  (Read 978 times)

Anamnesis

Anamnesis
« on: April 03, 2007, 10:12:10 am »
Most of you know me as either Amireana Mandrine or Elohanna Min A'Litae, although I admit I am working on a third character which will hopefully be a delightful change of pace from the normal characters I tend to play. I am not revealing anything yet.

In realife I am married to Frank, also known to many of you as Lyle Underoot, Melanna, Treana, or most recently the crazier of his characters Emwonk. My name is Nancy and I live in Oklahoma where I work in a call center environment for the banking industry which I have done for over 8 years now.

Frank and I met over the internet in a poetry chat room back in 1998 and hit it off well. We were married in august of the following year in a little park near the beach. Frank is a blessing and we have a beautiful daughter to show for our faith and love for each other.

I enjoy writing as a creative release of pent up emotions. I am for the most part very easy going, although I do get angry occassionally. I like to write poetry, short stories, and role playing.

The first time I seriously got involved in RP was through a game called Freelancer, a few years ago. I still consider myself very much a novice and feel most comfortable sticking to characters that most closely mimic my own personality type.

I am however trying to broaden the scope of RP and possibly in the near future, take on an slightly evil character.

I am 29 years old and love to read books such as TS Eliot, Robert McCammon, who my husband encouraged me to read and I now love to read. Robert Jordan, John Grisham, Dan Brown. There are wide variety of genres in both books and music that I enjoy as well as many different types of movies I like. My favorite Sci Fi series are ST: TNG and Stargate: SG1 and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I have a huge list of movies I enjoy but I will not go into each and everyone of them.

Anyway This is just a small part of the person behind the characters. Feel free to ask any questions anytime. I am usually very approachable.
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

The following users thanked this post: Chazzler, Witch Hunter

Witch Hunter

Re: Anamnesis
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 10:49:42 am »
*pokes Hanna* :) yay

MJZ

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 10:00:05 pm »
It's great to hear from you, Nancy!

I must agree, find writing the best release, when you can't actually fire off lightning bolts and flames, that is! :D

I myself have been trying out new character styles from my average fare, since I found Layonara. In fact, one of them is almost a complete opposite to who I'm used to personifying - a little bit of challenge and change. : )

I look forward to RPing more with you in the future!

(Though I have to admit - whenever I see your username, I think of Australopithecus anamensis. :P)

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 02:12:01 am »
We are Borg...  State your Designation...  Resistance is Futile...

Hi Nancy!  *waves*  Its always fun RPing with you and Frank, and especially when you are together...  It cracks me up sometimes...

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 02:13:24 am »
Quote from: MJZ

(Though I have to admit - whenever I see your username, I think of Australopithecus anamensis. :P)

Wha?!  Who says that?

cbnicholson

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 11:29:24 am »
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Anamnesis

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 01:15:09 am »
I originally created Anamnesis as a character to join the Krath faction of Freeworlds, a Freelancer related game. Its also a game released by microsoft.

The name came about as part of the characters ability to dreamwalk, to help people remember. *smiles* It is amusing to hear idea's though of how you think people came up with their ideas for names though.

It has been such a blast here at Layo, I have barely wanted to go back to Freeworlds for all the time that I truly enjoy here. You all have spoiled me with the talent that runs amuck.

There is not one moment that I can say I have not enjoyed being here and owe to Frank and Rain a lot for being persistent enough to talk me into creating a character.

Thank you Leanthar for all the time and trouble and politics that you put up with to make a truly great world. Also thanks to the developers who have put up with as much and still continue to put up with all of us.

I have met some truly great friends since coming here. Madhatten, CB, Shiff, Miera, Muireann, Ozy, Goldwin. among the many who have been great to RP with.

I have spent countless hours here... and can't say there hasn't been one bad experience. This is definately a nice way to unwind after a stressful day at work.

Cheers to you all!
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

scifibarbie

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 04:52:11 am »
CB...your weird.  O.o :D
Just kidding big guy.

Its great to know the gal behind the scribe! Your great fun too! :D

Go Buffy...lets kick some vampire butt! ;)

And SG-1 is great! Too bad its almost over. :(

Anamnesis

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 12:08:43 am »
Ah yes.. but all great things come to an end... Hopefully there will be more fun series to come out. I hate to admit it but I have actually begun to enjoy watching American Idol even if I only get to see the first half hour only of it.

A drama I have also enjoyed watching as well is House. Terrific Medical drama. Okay yes this means I like ER too and CSI but I don't get to watch them to much due to work and Layo.

I do love it so much here though and love that I have met and continue to meet such terrific friends all the time. I also love that it is a truly wonderful family environment and I don't have to worry about the constant swearing that you will see in some times. It is a big turn off to me.

Anyway I just thought I would update here since I hadn't in such a long time. Thank you all for being so great and being a fun bunch to play with.

I even enjoy that Daralith is making things interesting for my character without even trying. And that Krysthalien has become such a good friend IC and OOC.

Thank you all sooooo much!
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

Anamnesis

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 07:23:34 am »
Wow! The past year and half has been insane, for those of you who know more, I had recently changed jobs to a wonderful company. This company has been a great learning experience and a chance finally for me to show a company what I am capable of.

The con of it all, is that I have thrown myself into it all and hardly get time to play. You would think that when one project ends and I can get my feet back under me to gain perspective again. I have volunteered for yet another project that will be ongoing for the next year.

So if I am not around as much as everyone would like, I am here in some way in spirit, but I admit its very rare to find a company doing a job you enjoy, and work you can live with yourself doing, and make a positive impression that puts you into a position for advancement in a direction you wish to go.

I will try to be around as much as possible but it will be less than I used to be. Hopefully I will get more personal time though at work to do projects related to this assignment and I will get to play with everyone here more consistently. For those who wish to play with me anyway.

For those of you who I have recently made life difficult for, I do it for your own good :)
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 09:18:50 am »
Don't stay gone too long. But it's nice to hear you're really enjoying your work.

stolen

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 12:15:24 pm »
Well Nancy I have always enjoyed all the time playing with you here and since I finally read you intro I now know that we like almost all the same stuff, from t.v. shows:
buffy (I am currently on season 6 watching the whole series AGAIN)
house (love it)
ST:TNG (never missed an episode)

to authors:
Read most of the earlier works of grisham, mccammon, a few dan brown

We should compare movies books and tv...bet we have alot in common. :)

Always enjoy time spent with you

Hellblazer

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 03:23:40 pm »
Err I have to ask myself how come I never saw this thread before... poor friend I am *g*

Been a long run you and I and it was always a pleasure. Don't worry, you'll always find someone who wish to play with you in me. :)

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2009, 03:37:45 pm »
Poor Nancy...  Having a Hell Blazer waiting for her to come back.....  

Good luck on your project Nancy!  Don't worry about us.  We'll be here when you have time to relax and play a game.  Just don't forget about us, Hellblazer might start crying.  ;)

Hellblazer

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2009, 04:17:27 pm »
Hehehe I never cry.. almost *holds back a sniff* nop. neeve *cries*

merlin34baseball

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 09:38:42 pm »
Good luck and may you accomplish great things!

Hope to see you every once in a blue moon though.

Merlin34

Hellblazer

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 11:02:49 pm »
Quote from: Anamnesis
I will try to be around as much as possible but it will be less than I used to be. Hopefully I will get more personal time though at work to do projects related to this assignment and I will get to play with everyone here more consistently. For those who wish to play with me anyway.

*smiles* Guys, she's not leaving or taking a break. Just saying that she will not be on as many hours a week as she used to. :)

Link092

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 06:12:14 pm »
hope things go well and stay well! :)

anything