The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Another belated introduction ~ Lynn1020  (Read 348 times)

Lynn1020

Another belated introduction ~ Lynn1020
« on: June 30, 2008, 06:04:54 pm »
[SIZE=16]I finally caved in to do an intro myself. My real name is Tiffany. Lynn1020 comes from my middle name (Lynn), 1020 is from my wedding anniversary, October 20th. I am a southern girl and from what I have found out, I still have a very southern accent. I grew up in Kentucky until I married and moved with my husband. After moving to several different states (including a three year vacation in Hawaii) we now live in the Northwest, near Seattle. It never fails though; anytime I speak I am asked where am I from.

I have been a military wife for almost 18 years now, and also a stay at home mom to three kids (four if you count my husband). Two boys aged sixteen and thirteen, who both play Layo from time to time, and one girl age six. She plays the NWN single player version. I had to finally tell her she could start playing with us when her reading and writing improves. She will lecture me when she watches me play. "Mom do you want to keep playing Emie? Well stop going out alone and wait for your friends!"

I have to say I love that I get the chance to stay at home with the kids, even though you will often find me moaning and complaining. Especially now that I have been nursing a broken foot for the last couple of weeks, and the kids are out of school for the summer and I can't even drive! But at least it does give me an excuse to be in Layo even more.

My husband played Layo for two years before I started. In that time I have to say I hated Layonara. All I knew about it was that it was a game that kept my husband on the computer for hours!! Many times he tried to get me to watch him and try it out. I refused. I was happy with my scrapbooking and Zelda games. Then it got worse! He got our two sons playing it! It drove me nuts having to listen about it all the time. Well to make a very long story short, he finally got me to try it. Emie was born! That was almost two years ago so needless to say I was hooked and haven't left since. Now the whole family plays together at times. I never thought a game could make me laugh and cry as much as this one has.

I have never played any type of D&D game before Layonara. So there was so much I didn't understand and I am still learning. That being the reason Emie started out a lot like me...shy and quiet. Boy has she changed in the last two years!!
[/SIZE]

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: Another belated introduction ~ Lynn1020
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 06:14:01 pm »
Well good for him for sucking you in!  I'm trying to get my mom to play so she'll stop watching over my shoulder...  But I might have to get her used to what RP is...  I donno if she'd even know what she's doing even then.

So Hi Tiffany!  And listen to your Daughter!  She knows what to do!  *plots to get her daughter to like Shiff, next*

Drizzlin

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 04:45:53 pm »
Emie changed into a big old meanie! =)

Leanthar

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 05:03:11 pm »
Now that is cool!!! :)

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 05:17:01 pm »
Agreed. You guys are some of the most fun people to play with. Thanks for being a part of Layo, you and Rod (and the kids!)

zenvidar

• Druids
    • Followers of Katia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 07:38:15 am »
Can I be your child Tiffany?

My own mother drives me insane :D

She calls me like four times a day.

Lynn1020

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 02:33:48 pm »
Quote from: ShiffDrgnhrt
 I'm trying to get my mom to play so she'll stop watching over my shoulder...  But I might have to get her used to what RP is...  I donno if she'd even know what she's doing even then.

After getting her a character made just take her to somewhere in game and practice with her.  I remember when I first logged on I would start freaking out if someone talk to Emie.  I was always "Oh no!  What do I say????" O.o  Now Emie is hardly ever at a loss for words. :)  She is not a big meanie though.  She is just misunderstood. :rolleyes:

Quote from: zenvidar
Can I be your child Tiffany?

My own mother drives me insane :D

She calls me like four times a day.

Well I drive my kids insane.  That is what mothers do best. :)  Its only because they love you!  Honestly!! ;)

Aerimor

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 10:18:06 am »
A scrapbooker! Egads, my mother, wife and sister do that cra..err stuff. =)
There are more tools, gizmos and paper for that stuff than you can stuff into a third bedroom!

In any case, hope your foot is well on the mend.  The Layo world is better for having you in it.

We can pretend I never sent that miss-tell to you....right? *blushes*

If you need an hand, your out of luck....that just too far away from Atlanta. But if you ever need an ear there are two of us down here that would gladly lend you one.

~DeVere

Alatriel

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 11:35:34 am »
Glad to hear more about you!  Yes, I like scrapbooking too, and I totally understand about hating the game that takes your husband and puts him in a totally different dimension while you can't participate but still have to hear about it constantly.  My lovely husband would spend hours upon hours on the game while I would try to occupy myself with sewing, scrapbooking, talking on the phone and attempting in vain to find something decent to watch on TV.  I tried to play WOW, but it wasn't worth it since we couldn't play at the same time and the pace was just way too confusing for me.  Finally when he started playing Layo, I just decided if I couldn't beat him (or guilt him), I might as well join him, and since I used to rp a lot, it was great getting back something that I missed.  Not to mention he bought me a new computer so I could play with him! :)

I love that your daughter is giving you advice on keeping Emie alive.  Our two boys are not big enough to play yet (obviously) but our two year old already runs around the house yelling out battle cries and loves to tell the computer "No Monsters!  Don't hit the bear!"  

If you ever make it back down to the south, please feel free to stop by Atlanta.  It's always good to meet people in person.

~Erin

Lynn1020

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 02:19:16 pm »
Yes it sounds like you know to well what it was like.   I think he just got me sucked into it so I would leave him alone.  But since I have been playing my scrapbooking has suffered.   But at least I'm saving money. :) I have never tried WoW.  Trying to keep our boys away from it so have avoided it.

We use to travel through Atlanta several times a year going home to Kentucky when we lived in Georgia. Also to stop in and watch a Braves game. :)  I miss the south very much at times. Just not he heat! ;)

twidget658

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 08:14:56 pm »
Quote from: Alatriel
I love that your daughter is giving you advice on keeping Emie alive. Our two boys are not big enough to play yet (obviously) but our two year old already runs around the house yelling out battle cries and loves to tell the computer "No Monsters! Don't hit the bear!"

Just wait until they mimic the movements of casting and drinking potions...then you know that they/you watch/play too much.