The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Arr maties..  (Read 875 times)

Witch Hunter

Arr maties..
« on: March 12, 2007, 10:53:06 am »
Well I guess I might as well hop the introduction train and introduce myself... so here we go!

My name is Avner Kluger and I was born in.. (Shock horror) Jerusalem! I grew up in the states (Pitsburger! uh.. Pittsburgh) and moved back here (duh) eventually leading me to a small place called Zichron Yakoov (that is for some odd, unexplainable reason, full of Germans... and their German sausage)

Right, well, I got into gaming in general about... uh... 10 years ago (I'm 18 by the way!) when a friend introduced me to the famous Warhammer, I got hooked right away and played ever since (Fantasy mind you... and almost every army other than High Elves :rolleyes: )... That lead to a few D&D runups here and there and some others... but my first real interest in the game came up when I first laid my hands on the infamous "Baldurs Gate", I got hooked right away!

Baldurs Gate led to Baldurs Gate 2, that led to the internet and that eventually led me to Neverwinter Nights (which I've been playing for about 4 years)... my first server was Dysotopia and eventually when it was closed I found my way to Layonara which I've been playing on-off for roughly a year or so, been a blast.. yadda yadda yadda.

My real life interests are very narrow, I like eating... I like sleeping... I like waking up, eating something and going back to sleep... I don't have kids nor a wife... but I've been growing my very own German Sheperd (dog..) for 14 years now. I love music (a rather general statment, eh?) mainly metal/rock (Industrial, Goth, Glam, Death etc etc etc) but I'm open to all really.. other than that I really like the world! And I've been saving for a while now to go on a small tour around it and perhaps settle in England for a bit (I even got a citizenship, go me)... But really, beyond that I have no plans, no university in mind or anything of that sort... not for now at least :rolleyes:

Well that's me in a nutshell.. oh and here's a picture and my myspace cause that's the trend.

(Behold the 10AM glory that is me, sort of, kind of... with a pony tail...)
(And if anyones wondering... Yes, those are piercings on my lips, two of 'em)

[SIZE=16]Witch Hunta out.[/SIZE]

The following users thanked this post: Thak, Kindo

Kindo

Re: Arr maties..
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 11:10:54 am »
The only active ex-Dysotopian (that I know of)! It was a most pleasant surprise to get your PM when I submitted my first character here on Layonara. I wonder where everyone else is hanging out, though. In any case, it's great to have someone to talk Dyso with, every now and then. Your RP-gaming experience seems similar to my own. I can't really recall how I ended up on Dyso, though...

Witch Hunter

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 11:12:43 am »
Probably a certain cleric came, beat you to submission with harms and told you to join Dyso because that's the will of Cyric.... cough...cough...cough cough....

:P

Philosopher

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 11:34:47 am »
Come To England, You'll Love It.

I Love England So Much I Use Captial Letters.

*Edit* Seems I can't use captical letters, just imagine them, that's how good England is.

Kindo

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 12:32:53 pm »
Quote from: Witch Hunter
Probably a certain cleric came, beat you to submission with harms and told you to join Dyso because that's the will of Cyric.... cough...cough...cough cough....

You know what, you're probably right. Haha!

Witch Hunter

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 12:42:54 pm »
[echo]

AHAHAHAHA!!!11 CYRIC COMMANDS ME 2 HARM U ALL!!!111 AND DEN HIT U WITH MY MACE!!

[/echo]

Kindo

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 12:53:26 pm »
Good times... Ehm... At least I could throw him in jail!

Witch Hunter

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 01:03:58 pm »
Pfft... Me and Ogt always managed to break free.

Jearick Hgar

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 06:33:16 pm »
GASP! you actually told people your real name! >=D now i can use your name in public and not worryign about if you want it known or not!

Kindo

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 06:41:21 pm »
I hope I'm not out of line saying this, but your name is awesome. It simply shouts world domination, or something equally cool (or 'rad', or whatever you kids say nowadays). My name, on the other hand, shouts out a meek, kitten-petting career. Oh well...

MJZ

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 06:46:55 pm »
Damned Witch and his cool fangled new name... wish I were Kohl van Lichtenstein..

Witch Hunter

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 09:15:52 pm »
LOL shouts domination? I hate Avner :P.... Don't mind Kluger though...

And yeah Skky... I guess you can now :P

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007, 06:51:48 am »
Avner and Skky. Those are just entirely metal names. I have to say that. Entirely metal.

How many languages do you speak, Avner?

Witch Hunter

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2007, 10:12:28 am »
Two :P English and Hebrew! picking up a 3ed language soon enough, depending on which country I decide to go to after England hehe.

Talk about multi-language though... my father speaks 6:
English/Czech/Slovak/French/Hebrew/German

:O he scares me some times.

Witch Hunter

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2007, 07:42:38 am »
Well... after my announced leaving I guess it's time to come back (:

After 4 months of hard labor (Yeah right) I managed to settle down in rainy old England with my girlfriend and soon enough I'll have time for Layo again! hooray!

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2007, 02:51:26 pm »
OH NO!  *puts his helmet on*  The stick is back!  AAHHHH!

Witch Hunter

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2007, 06:26:37 pm »
:P I'm making a new char rather :P

Trace Nightwind

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2007, 11:29:15 am »
Cool!  See ya in game

Grid Blader

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 12:46:10 pm »
good to have you back