The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Enter stage right!  (Read 771 times)

Ozy_Llewellyn

Enter stage right!
« on: March 28, 2007, 11:07:08 pm »
Greetings and salutations even. This is the obligatory post detailing me and myself, it has been requested several times. Well in truth people have asked what I would post not so much would I ever actually post. So this is it, yep nothing to see here at all, move along.

Who am I, this has been asked a lot more then it should be. I suppose the answer is ‘me’ or if you would rather, an accountant. Not only an accountant but an accountant by choice and as my ‘childhood dream job’ I enjoy it. This should answer all further questions about myself except my location.

I live in a rather remote area in the northern section of California, in a lovely little city called Mount Shasta. Known for its tourist value in the form of skiing, hiking and assorted other wilderness activates. Thus for myself and ninety nine percent of the locals there is a high demand for anything that can be done inside away from said tourists.

Well I think that answers all the questions I could think of asking anyone else. I suppose that will just have to do for the purposes of this post. After all I can either be nice or I can be honest, I can’t recall the last time I was both.

Oh and the title of the post was inspired by the greatest bard I’ve ever witnessed.

The following users thanked this post: Thak, Stephen_Zuckerman, LynnJuniper, Falonthas, Tanman

jrizz

Re: Enter stage right!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 10:09:43 pm »
Been to the shata area many times. It rocks there.

I have always wanted to ask you why you dont GM?

Ozy_Llewellyn

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 12:48:58 am »
Oh we start off the questions with a tough one, suits me fine. Despite that I’m a veteran DM of both Pen and Paper and Never Winter Nights there are three very good reasons.

The first reason is pretty simple, Layonara needs an active World Leader or its equivalent that’s not a dungeon master. By my activity it proves that a normal player can hit epic levels and become a World Leader, Ozymandias himself reinforcing that anyone can do it, I mean he has forty six hit points at level thirty six. So yes it is a political reason to start with it is also probably the most flattering to myself.

The second reason is I have no stupidity tolerance. If your stupid, I will kill you on my quests I don’t do second chances. The other side of the coin is I still have no stupidity tolerance from other dungeon masters. I’m irate enough without having to hear about every bone headed thing a member of the team does. I would create a lot of friction very fast until people got used to me and Leanthar has enough headaches.

The third reason is pure ego on my part, I would like to think my ego isn’t very large but at the same token very dense. So it gets what it wants ninety nine percent of the time simply because it doesn’t ask for things very often. I haven’t been asked, so I’m not going to apply. I have had on a few occasions been prodded into trying by others but Leanthar tends to get a mysterious ‘I withdraw but don’t tell anyone’ private message from me.

There are about a score of other reasons, nothing I do is simple but I think those three should highlight it nicely. Someone needs to be the Ozy even if he is a fool. I’m far to mean and blunt unless I’m really trying to be diplomatic to get along nicely. Then my ego called its one favor of the year.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 02:06:41 am »
[size=18]SHASTA![/size]

[size=18]MOUNTAIN![/size]

LynnJuniper

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 09:41:26 am »
Eight-bit. No. Bad Eight-bit.
walks off laughing

jrizz

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 05:47:41 pm »
*falls off chair laughing*

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 06:58:16 pm »
Quote from: Ozy_Llewellyn
Oh and the title of the post was inspired by the greatest bard I’ve ever witnessed.

Snaggletooth Tiger?

..or is he some sort of lion.. or panther...

Ozy_Llewellyn

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2007, 07:10:17 pm »
Yes Snaggletooth! Panther I think, still exit stage left and he goes left on your screen but is facing you, therefor he is going right to himself. Confusion for those that would chase him.

Timmy0420

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2007, 08:17:34 pm »
forty six hp at lvl 36? O.O
 thats not possible. theres no way *shakes head*

heh. and if it is, that would explain why ozy just sits around hemp all the time

Ozy_Llewellyn

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2007, 10:51:00 pm »
Would you like a screenshot? Forty six was a typo, it is forty five.

The primary reason Ozy spends most if not all of his time in Hlint, now Hempstead and soon Stormcrest. Is simply because his job isn’t to bash monsters into oatmeal. His job is to teach people and answer their questions. He is a paperweight physically and unfortunately his build is otherwise that of a mage not a bard so it makes the character very interesting to play.

But it proves my point, with enough brainpower and patience anyone can manage it. So those with characters that are not, totally and completely worthless on all aspects. Should be able to manage without excuses just fine. Not to mention my diehard boycotting of the Soul Strand reimbursement in which it takes a lot of nagging by DM’s to get me to post it.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2007, 02:16:11 pm »
I like Ozy. He plays the 'other' kind of bard. The bard that everyone wants in their party but is too afraid to ask him for some reason. It's kind of funny, kind of depressing, and reminds me of the color orange for some reason.

Timmy0420

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 05:53:06 am »
now taht i think about it this is how a bard should be rped. after all a bard in rl history was a singer and story teller. which is kinda reflected in their uselessness in d&d (seriously folks, they suck, the cant fight, cant steal and can hardly throw a spell to save their life. maybe im just an unskilled player but in my experience around here theyre usually the first one to get killed and the last one to fell a monster) not to mention its great to have someone around who is a walking history book/legend anthology. just dont let it go to your head man : P

scifibarbie

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 06:12:46 am »
ANd here I always saw Ozy as having a kind heart and sweet disposition. :p

Kindof like a teddy bear you coudl hug and squeeze and love and tehn watch their head go poof! :o

Oh wait..hes constantly coughing up blood...I guess I squeezed to hard. :\

LynnJuniper

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 07:48:20 am »
aha....ahahaha....Ahahahahahahahahahaha....*mutters something about Squishy and laughs more*

Falonthas

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 08:54:57 am »
Quote from: Timmy0420
now taht i think about it this is how a bard should be rped. after all a bard in rl history was a singer and story teller. which is kinda reflected in their uselessness in d&d (seriously folks, they suck, the cant fight, cant steal and can hardly throw a spell to save their life. maybe im just an unskilled player but in my experience around here theyre usually the first one to get killed and the last one to fell a monster) not to mention its great to have someone around who is a walking history book/legend anthology. just dont let it go to your head man : P

hmmm
ive travelled with ozy
his spells kick butt
he can sneak like no other
and he can drop a monster with a word
and he talks with dragons for brunch

and his stories are good too

and yes hes got 45 hp and i cant figure it out either
unless it has to do with the blood hacking thing

Blackguy

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 09:04:15 am »
Quote from: Falonthas
hmmm
 ive travelled with ozy
 his spells kick butt
 he can sneak like no other
 and he can drop a monster with a word
 and he talks with dragons for brunch

and his stories are good too

and yes hes got 45 hp and i cant figure it out either
 unless it has to do with the blood hacking thing

Must be another person your thinking off, Ozy is best at hiding under tables. But hes a champion in that O.o

Ozy_Llewellyn

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 05:29:27 pm »
Timmy -
You are not at all mistaken. Bards in version three and to a slightly lesser extent version three and a half of AD&D are absolutely a joke. Furthermore this is compiled in Neverwinter Nights to create the weakest class. You can build a party valuable bard equal to any other class but the effort it takes is about ten times greater then just starting a character with a naturally strong class. What the bard class is good for in this medium is duel classing with a no magic class like the fighter. Where upon you augment your current abilities with some of the bard powers. I wouldn’t say this makes that new fighter/bard a real bard of course. The role-play of a bard can be of course done by any class or character, just people stereotype the bard in it.

Barbie –
Mind the rampant grumpiness.

Lynn -
You are a gigglefit some days.

Falon -
You must be thinking of a different bard. Other then the dragon thing anyway, personally I liked Fhalken’s take on stories more then Ozy’s.

Blacky –
Grand Mastered Cowardice is a feat of mine. Hiding under a table saved my neck on a main plot quest if I recall.

Chuckles_McChuck

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2007, 07:39:56 pm »
hahahahahahahahahahaha, oh man this is funny, I loved Ozies cowardice and having Lia comment on it constantly.

accually a couple days ago when we were discussing the whole tome event and Ozy said something like, "If they don't smarten up, I'm involving myself", the first thing that came to my head was, what will he do, slap whoever is being stupid then run for the first table he finds?  hehe... accually I think he would be very useful in that quest, but like it was (atleast in my opinion) very accurately said in an earlier post, he's one of those people you want to join, but don't want to ask.

Ozy_Llewellyn

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2007, 08:29:09 pm »
Now you have me laughing, I imagine that is probabbly what Ozy would do. Chances are though that slap would be backed up with needle tipped gloves and good poison. Need the table to wait while it takes effect. I sort of miss the Ozy cowardice followed by the Lia commentary, followed by the explosive insult contests.

Chuckles_McChuck

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2007, 09:22:18 pm »
ahhh, the insult competitions.  Everyone would say Ozy had Lia beat when it came to insults, but at the same time everyone hated Lia so I figured she was doing something right despite that fact, hahaha.

I've been hearing alot of miss Lia comments lately.  I personally do to, but I'm liking this new character and despite she is a bit of a coward herself now, it is only due to inexperience, and in the future depending on quests and those who influence her most, she might become somewhat like Lia, hehe.

anything