The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Fatherchaos - the addle cove behind Dur'Thak.  (Read 537 times)

Fatherchaos

Fatherchaos - the addle cove behind Dur'Thak.
« on: March 12, 2007, 05:14:01 pm »
Hi all,
My names Onawahya. Most of my friends call me either Onah or Bob. Culturally I'm definitely an American - but my parentage splits me pretty evenly between Norwegian and Native American (gjetost and lefse rule!). I try to maintain a lot of the traditions between the three cultures that glue me together, especially if it somehow involves new foods :)

I'm still a pretty young buck, smack in the middle of my 20s. I've finished two degrees, one in Animation, Traditional, and a second in 3D Animation. Top that on my 10+ years of experience in the technical field, and I'm a pretty well rounded engineer. I'm currently working to finish off my electrical engineering with the goal of switching over to robotics from my current software engineering field.

Most might consider me a "biker" because I've never really owned anything other than motorcycles. I just never grew out the beard or took to the trips to vegas. Though all my years behind a computer has given me a fluctuating gut size lol. Too bad my bike was smashed, along with me, the monday after Thanksgiving. So now I have a truck while I work up some cash for another bike (vulcan mean streak!)

Recently I've returned to a lot of my root interests: mountain cycling (got a brand new cannondale rush 400, with tons of upgrades hehe), rock climbing, and hiking.

I'll post a pic or two once I find something that won't make babies cry.

Oh, and a little extra tidbit. The logo that I use is the "shadowolf" logo that I developed two years ago back in college. It was to be an artistic representation of myself, and I literally took part of the root meaning from my name, wahya, which is wolf in Tselagi. It became a more personal project, but one that I really liked the end result of.

The following users thanked this post: Thak, Stephen_Zuckerman

Interia_Discordius

Re: Fatherchaos - the addle cove behind Dur'Thak.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 05:22:48 pm »
Haha, that makes me smile. I really like your name... Although, sad to admit, I'd probably butcher it on attempt of saying it. Cultural mixes are by far one of the best things ever, I think. Happy to see you're a part of the fun :P

I knew some of this, but hey! Still can say weee, I learned a bit more.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 05:39:15 pm »
ouch. I thought about getting a bike during my undergrad days, but I figured I'd kill myself on it, because I'm kind of a thrill seeker.

hawklen

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 06:20:27 pm »
Damn! Now I know where you get your cheese fettish! ;) Cheese is good. Must be the scandanavian we both share ;)

Fatherchaos

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 06:45:42 pm »
Oh ya! I'm addicted to cheese - probably explains the Viking like gut that I have!

I think there is only one cheese I've ever tasted that I didn't like - the Kraft sliced singles. Then again, I don't really consider it cheese. For all the other cheeses, I'm like pacman in a room full of dots :)

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 06:51:09 pm »
**eating dots** Waka waka waka waka waka! **ghost comes** Vreem vreem vreem... **ghost eats pacman** Twoodlink! Na na na na na.. :(

MJZ

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 06:53:38 pm »
Cheese is the BEST. Havarti and Camembert, mmm....
AND cheese goes with everything.

Fatherchaos

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 06:56:46 pm »
HAVARTI! *dies, sharp provolone and blue frothing at the mouth*

Witch Hunter

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 09:22:43 pm »
A truck? *looks nervous*

Hehe, tough thing there... had one run me over 3 months ago :P
Glad to know you're okay after the bike accident (or at least so I take)

Omega_mnm

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 06:11:37 am »
    I feel for ya man.. I tried flying on a 3-wheeler off of a logging road in the mountains of Idaho in November.. then I remembered they don't have wings.... After that it was a.... well I don't know.. I knocked myself out on a tree, gave myself a bad concussion, fell over 80 feet down, and flew through about 30 feet of 6-8 inch trees, dislocated my left arm at the elbow and the shoulder, and tore almost every muscle or ligament possible, and almost ripped my thumb off... umm... *notices all the people staring in disbelief* Seriously! that all happened... and then some. But I walked away with no broken bones!  Anyways.. the point is.. I'm still in pain 24/7, so I feel for ya. I wrecked my bike and totaled it in July too. (was only a mountain bike though) so now I get to walk everywhere cause I'm too busted up to work enough to afford a car.  Life's rough I guess *ponders* oh well... holy crap I have to be up in 3 hours >.< WHY HAVEN'T I SLEPT YET!?!? Oh yeah... forgot.. it hurts to sleep too. Heh.  *Empathy check* *Passes beyond all measures*

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 08:57:22 am »
    .......... Holy cow.
    I can't believe you walked away without broken bone. Sheesh. Someone's looking over you.

What's with all you people crashing? :)

Omega_mnm

• View Profile
      « Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 09:30:03 am »
      I dunno... seemed like the stylish thing to do..? Heh.. trust me.. I wasn't TRYING to crash. It's just one of those things that kinda happens on it's own time.

Kindo

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 10:26:15 am »
      Quote from: Interia_Discordius
      .......... Holy cow.
      I can't believe you walked away without broken bone. Sheesh. Someone's looking over you.

What's with all you people crashing? :)
      Didn't you know? Crashing is manly! ;)

MJZ

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007, 10:31:03 am »
      *Fends off adoring fangirls with stick*
      I canna hold em back much longer!!

Omega_mnm

• View Profile
        « Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 11:02:56 am »
        *Fends off adoring fangirls with stick*
        I canna hold em back much longer!!

Run! This fight is lost! *Casts haste and runs like a madman*

..... *Barrels into a tree* .....

Ouch. AHHH!! THE FAN GIRLS!! THEY'RE STILL COMING!

Fatherchaos

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 12:39:05 pm »
        LOL, I was pretty lucky. Lucky that I didn't get my hands on the person who ran me over :)

I actually suffered a compacted left shoulder, and a few scrapes and bruises. It was wet and I was in my thermal one piece, which looks like a giant red astronauts suit, so the conditions were just right to keep my injuries pretty minor.

Oh, and for those people who you see in the movies that push their shoulder back into place - thats just silly business that they can do that. After I got up off the ground I had to push my shoulder back in place because my arm wouldn't move. My entire left arm was sore and un-usable for at least 3 weeks. But that's why I bought a truck, cause I wasn't capable of handling a bike. Had I known it would only take me three weeks to be able to ride again, I would have gotten a rental :(

OH well, at least I know what it looks like to ninja flip off a truck now - that was one whacky ride.

Fatherchaos

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2007, 12:40:06 pm »
        Oh, and for those looking to get a bike - get a Shoei Helmet. I've had two, both have held through a crash, and I plan to get a third.

Omega_mnm

• View Profile
          « Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 03:05:49 pm »
          heh... stupid me.. I crashed without a helmet on. Hmm.. maybe I should wear on e in the future. Sure would be less of a headache.. (yes, pun intended)

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2007, 07:07:26 am »
          Having dislocated my shoulder as well (and popped it right back in), I can verify the EXCRUCIATING OHGODSMAKEITSTOPOHNOICANTITWONTSTOPAAAARRGHHH pain that comes along with slamming the joint back together. However, I was more or less good to go in a week, though I was sore for two more after it.

Bikes for the win. Those who ride motorcycles statistically have fewer accidents. Admittedly, they're, statistically, WAY more likely to be road paste when they DO have an accident, but... Well. ;) We'll overlook that.

Fatherchaos

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2007, 10:31:02 am »
          ummmm . . . biker road paste! Sounds like a great cracker spread.

And considering I was almost a freeway flapjack twice now . . . I must have an amulet of non-detection for the soul mother :)

anything