The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Finally home and near ready to enjoy Layonara again  (Read 806 times)

Chuckles_McChuck

Re: Finally home and near ready to enjoy Layonara again
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007, 06:31:49 pm »
*shrugs* don't really wish to argue it any further, heh, just think 60+ sounds a tad old for a war that ended 12 years ago.  Those who were around since blood returned would be over 60 though.

As for the age thing, it will matter to me for awhile, I intend to make my character very young, not quite reaching the age of elvin maturity (90 years if I recall) but old enough so in atleast an RL year she will become an elvin woman.  *shrugs* I just want my story to make sence with the world

Chuckles_McChuck

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 09:15:31 pm »
On a side note, I guess I should use this thread for what it was meant for, the player behind the character.

Names Charles Wiebe, I'm 24 and live in Canada.  I'm in the Canadian Navy and just came back from a 6 month deployement yesterday, hence the title and first paragraph I wrote.  I'm a NESOP in the navy which means I work with Electronic Warfare, I also do fire control, which is launching the missiles and shooting the big 57mm gun and the 20mm gattling gun, not fire fighting (though every sailor is trained to fight fires, since well, no firefighter can come to our rescue in the middle of the ocean).  Our job also involves a bit of intel gathering and communications.

I'm a decetly active person and tend to enjoy both sides of the fence, i.e. I'm sporty but geeky as well.  I love to party and simply have fun.  Though my freinds would tell you I'm a man*****, I'm not, really, so don't listen to them :P.

Hmmm, I like everything about fantasy, though I'm not hugely into PnP D&D anymore.  I'm a comic book geek as well (spiderman being my favorite superhero) and I like anime.  I play golf, squash, hockey at times, I also love to go hiking, camp and trail bike (not hardcore trail biking though, that would just kill me).  I'm extreemly clumsy but make up for it with unatural balance, bringing myself to many positions where I should be on my arse, but recover in the most interesting ways.

I have an interseting way of thinking which tends to make people think I'm weird, I simply tell them it keeps me interesting, which they can't deny, hehe.  I plan to do some schooling while in the military and hopefully get a PHD in psychiatry, though thats a long ways away from now.  Until then its travelling around the world with a warship.

Shadowblade225

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2007, 09:58:38 am »
Good luck with pursuing that PhD :)

As many have said and will say, you've always been a terrific RPer.

Chuckles_McChuck

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2007, 01:02:02 pm »
Sorry it took so long to reply... trying to figure out my character, finishing off her bio story and just trying to enjoy my vacation with my freinds made this low priority.

I thank you for your compliment Shadowblade.  There was once apon a time, where being one of the best RPers on this server was the only thing that mattered to me and I became a tad competitive on quests... glad I gave that up, it accually made the game less enjoyable... now I just try and have fun and enjoy my characters (heh, it will sometimes get to the point where if anyone puts me on a top list I will tell them to take my name off of it so that competitive edge doesn't come sneaking back on me).

Anyways, I'm up for questions as well... I doubt anyones too curious and I think I covered everything... well in as much detail as I want anyways.  I consider myself an intelligent person, but I like simple, it makes things alot less stressful.