The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: New Player  (Read 123 times)

Samandria

• View Profile
    New Player
    « on: May 13, 2007, 12:04:06 am »
    Hello everyone! I would like to introduce myself. My RL name is Jessica, and I live in Oregon with the wonderful lady behind bmkbobcat. (I am the 18 year old she speaks of :) ). I have been playing NWN for a little while now, and my aunt has been playing on this server specifically for a short while. She has told me about how absolutely wonderful it is, and how excellent the roleplay is here. I am quite excited to start here, and I will be submitting my character request soon.

I do have a question though. I have been trying to decide which race I am to play. I see that moon elf is on the list, but when I click on it to get more information, it does not give me any information about it. It simply says something about elves and all of the other elven subraces. Is moon elf not available? If not, that is not a problem, I am just curious. If it is, I will do some research in the D&D book I have here at home (Since the info is not on the website) should I choose to play it.

Thank you very much for your time! I hope to see everyone in game soon enough.

~ Jess

Interia_Discordius

Re: New Player
    « Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 12:40:54 am »
    Hey hey, welcome to Layonara. Hope to be able to party up sometime :)

XBlade

• View Profile
      « Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 03:17:40 am »
      Welcome aboard!

With regards to the elvan race: Moon elf...Have you looked on LORE? I don't think they have any status change so it's just a race off the NWN elvan race...if that makes sense. Basically just a NWN elf with blue skin.

See you in game soon!

Taric/XBlade.

Acacea

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 03:41:25 am »
      No no... they don't have blue skin. Moon elves are the standard elven race, ie not a subrace, just the basic. If you pick "elf" in the character creation and nothing fancy, that's technically a 'moon elf.' The blue guys are the sea elves. ;)

Welcome to Layo.

Samandria

• View Profile
        « Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 04:10:43 am »
        Ahhhh ok that makes much more sense :) Thank you!

~ Jess

LynnJuniper

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 08:04:59 am »
        There's not allowed to be two of us the same age. I demand a name refund.

*goes off to change her name*

Anyway, Welcome to the server :)

OH! And " Basically just a NWN elf with blue skin."

You're thinking Night Elves/Kaldori there. This isn't Warcraft though ;)

bobby1361

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 12:46:45 pm »
        Quote from: Acacea
        No no... they don't have blue skin. Moon elves are the standard elven race, ie not a subrace, just the basic. If you pick "elf" in the character creation and nothing fancy, that's technically a 'moon elf.' The blue guys are the sea elves. ;)

Welcome to Layo.

Yeah but if you play nwn2 moon elves are blue.

anything