The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 252 times)

geloooo

Greetings
« on: November 03, 2008, 01:45:14 am »
Hello, I just registered here at the Layonara forums. I'm reading up on some standard things and the basics before I make my character. I was considering a Dark Elf Sorcerer because I've noticed that the Dark Elf subrace gave charisma bonuses :D

Greetings to everyone and if possible, could i get some tips on roleplaying here and surviving :P

darkstorme

Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 02:31:06 am »
Hi there, and welcome to Layonara!

For some general "Welcome" advice, I'd suggest checking out the Layonara Online Reference Encyclopedia, or LORE, for short.  Particularly the Getting Started section.  That'll start giving you a handle on things in-game.

The first thing you'll have to do before actually logging in, of course, is submit a character and have it approved.  As the Wizard indicates, you're best advised to also read the Character Submission Guidelines, as well as Minerva's excellent Secrets to Having Your Character Approved on the First Review.

If you're dead-set on playing a dark elf, you may want to browse through some past submissions, looking for previously approved dark elves from which you can draw inspiration/get an idea of what is expected.  The general rule of thumb is that the rarer the subrace and the more powerful the racial bonuses, the more detail is expected in your character biography.  Dark Elves are one of the rarer races on Layonara.  Additionally, most people will either flee or attack a Dark Elf on sight, so acquiring some sort of disguise once in-game is crucial.

If you have any other questions, you can ask them here, or in the Ask a Gamemaster thread.

Once again, welcome - and good luck!  You've found one of the best servers on the web, and a fantastic community!

geloooo

Re: Greetings
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 02:33:53 am »
OHHHH very helpful indeed, I'm working on my character history right now and I was trying to look for certain cities in The Deep. Yeah, I'm thinking of a different feel for my character but still clinging to the lines of manipulation and self gain. Layonara greatly interests me now, I've been to a few servers and it's getting a bit repetitive, basic spell spamming and nonsense can get irritating so it's great to just kick back and try something new.

anything