The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Greetings and a quick question!  (Read 134 times)

Dorinic Telcara

• View Profile
    Greetings and a quick question!
    « on: June 24, 2008, 11:07:53 pm »
    Hello everyone!

I would like to play a Battlerager and would like a little advice. What would be a good dwarven mine from which my character hails? I looked through the players hand book and found it overwhelming (but well done). I am not even sure which continent I start on.

If someone could give me some direction on where to look in the player hand book or names of good dwarven mines, it would be most helpful.

Thanks
    -Dorinic

ycleption

Re: Greetings and a quick question!
    « Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 11:15:50 pm »
    Well, first, Welcome to Layo.
    Second, you might want to give this thread a read, someone asks similar questions.

If you haven't done so yet, I strongly recommend perusing LORE: starthere

As far as names... people tend to prefer hard consonants for first names, and compound mix-and-match type names... treecrusher, crushingaxe, axebeard, beardstout, stouthammer... you get the idea. Don't let that limit you though, if you have something else in mind...
    As far as

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 11:22:03 pm »
    Hey Dude!  Welcome welcome welcome.  

[lore]Bloody Gate[/lore]

A great Battlerager is honored there, Varka Cleaveson, but you can always make your character be from a small random mining town in the middle of no where.

Some other places of note are Ulgrid's fortress on Mistone and Runic Anvil on Dregar.  

If you wanna be unique though, see if you can make a TN [lore]Deep Dwarf[/lore] Barbarian from [lore]Prantz[/lore] or around Prantz.  That would be interesting, but be sure to read up on Prantz and Deep Dwarfs, as well as the Gods [lore]Sulterio[/lore], [lore]Dorand[/lore], and [lore]Vorax[/lore]

Vorax is the Dwarven God of Combat and Battle, knowns as the Battle Father.  Makes sense for Battle ragers to worship him

Acacea

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 11:30:18 pm »
    I wouldn't really recommend a Prantz deep dwarf, because the kuldjargh are typically associated with Vorax...it is practically a sacred calling. Sulterio's people tend towards heavily lawful, and anything associated with Vorax is anathema. Monks of the adamantine order are generally more appropriate to character, rather than an attempt at a righteous rage of Sulterio. If you can't follow orders as a Deep Dwarf, you're out.

Either way, welcome!

Dorinic Telcara

• View Profile
      « Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 11:46:50 pm »
      Wow, that was fast! I do have a fist name, Ulthgar. I also wrote a bio in word. Let me know if will fit in the setting and if it is appoveable.

Ulthgar has always been rash and aggressive. He would rather bash enemies to pieces then talk diplomacy.

Dorinic Telcara

• View Profile
        « Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 11:53:34 pm »
        Wow, that was fast! I do have a name for him, Ulthgar. I don't have a last name though. I also need a clan. Here is a bio I wrote like 10minutes ago. Tell me if it will fit in the setting and if it is approveable.

Ulthgar has always been rash and aggressive. He would rather bash enemies o pieces then talk diplomacy. "Quit flapp'n ye lips and fight!" would be his solution to most problems. Although he has a seemingly uncheck manner, Ulthgar respects and obeys his clan leaders above all else and protects them at any cost.
        These traits mainly come from his father Garith, who served (clan) as a Battlerager. Garith was killed when their clan was attacked by a goblinoid horde. Garith and two other Battleragers held a tunnel long enough for their clan to block the passage with a cave in, but all three where trap on the other side. Ulthgar idolized his father, and was crush at his death.
        Now he dreams of becoming a Battlerager that could measure up to his father's legacy. He has left his clan to earn his right to become a Battlerager.

stragen

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 01:57:41 am »
        Battleragers are believed to have been touched by the dwarven gods of war.  In Layonara, the dwarven god of War is [LORE]Vorax[/LORE].

The two most famous Voraxian Strongholds are Ulgrids Fortress and the Bloody Gate.

Your character will need to start as a [LORE]Barbarian[/LORE], single or multi-classed.  Later you may apply for battlerager.

Some Battle Ragers:
        Varka Cleaveson
        Jacrum Shieldbreaker
        Grenna Rockbasher

Dwarven Clans and Locations:
        Crushers and Cleavers (Alindor, Bloody Gate), usually taking with Crusher or Cleaver as part of the surname.
        Stonesmashers (Dregar, Mountain of Storms)
        Many Many others. ie Shieldbreakers (Mistone), Rockbashers (Mistone, Ulgrids) etc.

anything