The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Greetings and Salutations!  (Read 1310 times)

Doc-Holiday

Greetings and Salutations!
« on: March 26, 2008, 10:33:23 am »
Just thought I'd drop in and see how things were going. It's been a long time since I was last here. Doubt any of you "new" people remember me, Vyris, Gulnyr, and Dragonsbane probably might remember me.

Any how, I might drop in some time though I think Weston is long gone by now. ((I can hear a sigh of relief from dwarves everywhere... I still think they have a racial ability to attract lightning bolts))

As for myself, I'm working hard as a Engineering Draftsman at a good company here in Phoenix.

Catch y'all later.

Doc-Holiday

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin, miltonyorkcastle, Thak

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: Greetings and Salutations!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 11:44:37 am »
Hey, I remember (and miss) you, Doc!

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 12:30:20 pm »
Weeeeeeeee!

((edit: I just noticed that my signature and my post are identical... I blame Oddpetal the Fairydragon (edit2: and several cups of coffee.. and chocolate easter eggs)))

Speaking of Oddpetal... I found my old drawing of Gulnyr, Weston, and Alister I did for my Art Finals in College.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 12:40:38 pm »
Nice; post it up! I'm currently working on a fairly large LORE project, so... I may have to check it out later. But I wanna see!

Thak

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 01:46:12 pm »
Hah the Doc! Hey great to hear you are doing well. Missed ye around the forums. Never had the pleasure to meet your characters ingame but you are a character all by yourself and left a lasting impression.
Kinda like ripples in the fabric of space time distorting reality around your posts. :D

Cheers mate and see ye around

ystrday

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 02:29:13 pm »
I also remember you Doc.. and Weston.. always getting himself killed.

Lord of the Forest

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 02:29:46 pm »
Whee ... Doc is back! :)

Tanman

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 02:49:04 pm »
Yes i remember the Doc.

Leanthar

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 03:13:34 pm »
Hiya Doc. Good to hear from you.

Falonthas

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 03:17:28 pm »
i recall the doc as well, finding his way up the hill to be surrounded by druids and animals

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 03:59:58 pm »
Always getting himself killed!? GASP!.. not Weston...

Of course what can you expect from a Socerer-who-thinks-he's-a-Paladin?

As for distorting reality... well.. there were a few cases of .. erm.. anomoulous Westonian Physics...

Waltzing close-eyed through a trap filled hall on a natural 20...

Having the highest Lore skill in the group and failing a critical attempt on a quest specific item with a natural 1... "What is it?.. oh.. yes well.. lets see." (Roll = 1) "Ahh.. yes!.. I have it!... it's a.. ah... well.. it's a .. shiney... sparkley thing.. yes.. very deceptive you know.. very rare..."

Ending up in the 9th level of the hells and failing a listen roll of 2 and up "Hear something?..  no.. I didn't hear any deafening demonic roar... and where are we?... Good heavens... one would expect to arrive in such a place in a handbasket!" Following this the party was forced to roll vs Fear... Weston rolled a 20 and it was assumed he was so completely lost in his own personal world he couldn't be frightened for lack of awareness.

A Dm requested spot check leads the party to do private rolls... after a long suspenseful moment of silence and the sense of impending danger Weston yells... "GOOD HEAVENS!" .. people start asking "What!?" ... Weston responds in an exasperated tone "I've scuffed my nice boots!"

Gulnyr: "Look... a hidden path"
Weston: (Spot = 1) "Where?"
Dragonsbane: "I see it, there!"
Weston: "Where!"
Gulnyr: "It's hidden!"
Weston: "Good heavens!.. how do you expect me to see it if it's hidden!?"
Gulnyr: *grumble*
Dm: You see the path now that it's pointed out, roll spot
Dragonsbane: "Look!"
Dm: You see a large dragon on the hidden path, except Weston... he notices a dent in his armor.
Weston: "Eh Gads!"
Gulnyr: "Think it'll be trouble?"
Weston: "Oh my goodness no... nothing a little polish and a sound strike on an anvil won't fix."
Dragonsbane: "What?.. Weston!.. over there!"
Dm: Roll Listen
Gulnyr: "Shhh"
Dm: You hear the roar of the dragon... except Weston... he found another dent.

The picture will have to wait until I get home, in any case I don't have any sort of hosting ability so I don't know if I can get it posted.

Acacea

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 05:18:47 pm »
*Laughs...* Hey, Doc... I was going to wave on the MMO thread but I figured that would derail the topic to "Hi!" I will dedicate Acacea's next natural 1 to Weston. ;)

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 05:29:21 pm »
Weston Pendrot...

Patron Saint of Spectacular Failures and Heinously Rediculous Successes

I wonder if I could play him again... he'd be really old... unless he just didn't get older... because.. he's.. uh... magical... or just didn't realize he's supposed to be old and dead..

Ps. If you thought that post about Weston's roll of 1's at critical moments of Gulnyr's and Dragonhart's adventure ended there... your wrong.

Weston went on to fail a spot roll on a room so full of spiders the walls were moving...

Failed a wisdom roll and destroyed three out of four of Dragonharts ancenstors remains (and thus their helpful ghosts) while simultaniously spewing the embalmed remains of Dragonharts family members all over him.

Blew up the only ladder to the only exit they had on a failed will save

Scored a critical sucess on Dragonhart's family tapistry revealing his family lineage... and then rolled a critical failure on it's interpretation.

Failed a wisdom and charisma check to persuade Dragonhart and Gulnyr to trust his magics to get them through a bondfire blocking their path (the delay resulted in them being forever prevented from going that direction in the catacombs of the manor.

Failed to keep everyone alive and when he found himself the last man standing... took his sword and charged the enemy in righteous (and short lived) vengance with his +6 ab and 18 ac

Gulnyr

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 10:05:52 pm »
I remember that quest, Klaug's CDQ.  Never were there so many abysmal Spot rolls and Wisdom checks.  And rolls in general.  I don't know how our characters survived as long as they did.  I know Klaug wasn't happy that we failed to achieve the goal, but that was probably the most amusing failure ever.

Hello, by the way.

lonnarin

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 06:45:53 pm »
Welcome back Doc!  Some of these other people might not remember you, but remember ol Lonnknew you YEARS before you came to Layo.  That means all of my autographed 8x10 of Weston Pendrot are effectively in the ebay-sellable collectable status!  :P

Quit leaving!  Make an evil little gobbo PC and join our hoarde!

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 06:53:27 pm »
Hiya Doc!!

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 07:03:29 pm »
Bring back the lady with green skin! well, faint shades of green or whatever it was.... man that was a long time ago...

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 12:28:46 am »
Ah.. you mean Catarina... 1/4 orc Sorc/bard (arcane healer) with flaming red hair.

Yeah she was pretty neat... I'm surprised... and very honored that you remembered her.

and Lonn... yeah ... we go waaaaaaaaaaaay back... back to my very first day of online NWN... to my very first RP character.

A female elf sorc/bard if I remember correctly...

Lands of Acheron?... know it was called LoA

My first and most successful character with Lon was... Elindria Farnsdown... 83 year old potion making wizard [enchanter] who passed herself off as a granny.... never cast a spell unless forced too... walked everywhere.. and carried only her umbrella for protection.

That was back when Weston was just a test character for a counterspell/melee sorcerer. ended up more of an eccentric paladin type by the end of it all. That was back when Combust was a brand new spell and no one had seen it before he cast it.

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2008, 06:03:06 pm »
Quote from: Doc-Holiday
Speaking of Oddpetal... I found my old drawing of Gulnyr, Weston, and Alister I did for my Art Finals in College.

And here you go

http://forums.layonara.com/photopost/showgallery.php?ppuser=490&cat=500

You'll also find a gift art from BarronSaturday of another famous Doc character... Professor Redrick Randalf Redford.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2008, 06:39:01 pm »
Magic the Gathering FTW!!  Or is it Creatures....  :P

anything