The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Greetings and Salutations  (Read 376 times)

vgn

Greetings and Salutations
« on: March 12, 2007, 01:12:39 pm »
My name is Alex Peachey and I live in Las Vegas, NV. Before that I was in Seattle, WA and spent most of my life in the Pacific Northwest. I am currently the IT Manager at a very large trade show and as a supplement to my income and a recreational activity to boot, I play poker and have done so since before it was cool to do so.

I'm 32 and my handle here is vgn, which is what you get when you take the vowels out of the word vegan, which is a word that also describes me. I've been vegan now for about 6 or 7 years and vegetarian for 14 years.

I've been role playing in some fashion or another since I was in middle school, so I guess that makes it 20+ years. I found Layonara in the fall of 2004. I had played the single player campaigns and had never played an online role playing game of any sort. Browsing through the NWN sites I saw a blurb on Layonara and read everything on the forums. I decided it sounded like the kind of place I'd like to be and signed up. At one point I was encouraged by a GM to apply as a GM. I was accepted and spent quite a while helping the team as I could, running quests, administration, and project team. The scale that holds my work/life balance in it's hands started to change though and work drew heavier and heavier. I took a step down from the team and have enjoyed playing as time permits.

The following users thanked this post: Thak

anything