The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 337 times)

asavoca

Hello!
« on: April 15, 2008, 02:35:14 pm »
Hello all,

I am just getting started in the Layonara world.  I must say that my first character submission was just completely "mailed in."  Darkstorme kicked it back and at that moment I realized that this was going to be good.  If the price of entry is simply some extra time spent learning about the Layonara world to produce a character bio that makes sense, then people who aren't really looking for some good RP are not going to bother.

I read much more and came up with a good backstory which was accepted.  I just got on in Port Hempstead the other night.  I need to get moving and check it out.

My son (age 11) also submitted a character and he is excited because his was approved also.  I liked the fact that he spent time reading the LORE and coming up with a creative bio and backstory.  Hey, reading is learning, right?  Anytime a kid doesn't know he's being educated, well, that's the best education there is.

Anyway, he and I are looking forward to meeting up in game and adventuring.

Now, my one question:  I am a human Ranger (Bayard Dawson).  When I got into the game, my bow was gone from my inventory.  The arrows and the flail are there, but what's a ranger without his bow?  So, my question is, where can I go in Port Hempstead to buy a new bow or how can I get my missing one back?  Thanks!!!

Tony.

The following users thanked this post: Leanthar

Falonthas

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 02:51:56 pm »
in hempstead there are always people about to talk with who can point you in the right direction

the angels is a safe hint for new arrivals though

and welcome to you and your son to Layonara, you wont want to leave

Stug3

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 02:52:27 pm »
Welcome and prepair to be amazed...

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 02:55:51 pm »
Just avoid that guy Shiff, he's bad news...  Always helping people and offering to show them around, and even give them some tips as to were to travel so you can stay safe...

MAN! I hate that guy...

asavoca

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 07:26:24 am »
Thank you all!  I was finally able to get in game the other night.  I must thank Tegan and Riven for showing me around Hempstead and helping me get equipped and engaging in a little roleplay with me.  It was enjoyable.

It was very refreshing to play where the other players are honestly interested in helping you out and making sure you have a good time and can become a productive player.  I'll be back on very soon!

asavoca

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 04:19:14 pm »
It has been nearly a month since I posted my last note.  My character has progressed nicely to level 6 and I have thoroughly enjoyed playing on the server and interacting with the other members of the community.  Even the more mundane parts of the game (i.e., gathering corn) are enjoyable.  The roleplay is some of the best I have ever engaged in.

I have learned a lot and, recently, for the first time, I met a character newer than my own in game!  For the first time, I was able to pass on some of the help you've all given me (nearly got killed doin' it, but hey...).

My son also has a character in game and he and I have gone on adventures together and enjoyed the time we spent playing together.

So, I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone for a lot of enjoyment and a really good time.  I am looking forward now to getting involved in some of the more significant plots and storylines of the Layonara world.  I think I will be ready and at the appropriate level in the near future.

Leanthar

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 05:21:12 pm »
I am happy to hear you are enjoying your time and that you and your son are adventuring together. We have a great community!

twidget658

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 06:45:03 pm »
Hmm, seems like you are in luck...or maybe it is me that is in luck, but anyway, there is an event scheduled for this weekend Ranger Event if you can make it. It is for rangers and will include things like Stealth/Concealment/Cover and how to roleplay it (I think the mechanics are easily abused and would like to get people to expand on the ability). Also, there will be the use of summons/companions and how to control them and emote with them. These are just a couple of examples, I plan on other people providing questions and lessons learned to better the event. Oh, if you like, your son's character can tag along as well no matter what class his PC is.

Welcome to Layo!

anything