The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 578 times)

Unfie

Hello!
« on: February 11, 2011, 01:54:12 pm »
Hey, I'm Unfie! Been a huge fan of Layo- wait, no I haven't. But I am now. =D My taste in music is a bit strange. I only listen to instrumentals, anything else and I feel like I want to barf... and I also work hard every day to be the biggest nerd I can be! That was pretty pointless to say, but I just wanted to say a bit about my interests. Well, it's good to be here. :D

The following users thanked this post: Lance Stargazer

Alatriel

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 02:32:48 pm »
Hey Unfie, welcome to Layo!

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 02:51:57 pm »
Welcome unfie.  By the way, you have just made it my immediate life goal to find a vocal piece that blows you away.  Now get a character submitted already!

Warchild214

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 02:53:23 pm »
Welcome to Layonara!

davidhoff

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 03:17:59 pm »
Welcome and glad you are here!

merlin34baseball

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 05:31:48 pm »
Welcome! Let us know if we can help getting you started in this wonderful world.

Dorax Windsmith

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 05:51:41 pm »
Yes, welcome, welcome.  If you have any questions about any aspect of playing on the server there are many here in this community willing to share thier opinions.  Use the forums and don't be shy.

willhoff

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 08:28:30 pm »
Welcome to Layonara Unfie!

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 08:46:38 pm »
In your avatar... That looks like Steve Buscemi as Mr. Pink. What's the dialogue?

Rit Rugged

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 02:08:02 pm »
    Yip welcome, just jump right in sure you will have fun

xsweetpeaxs

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 06:39:39 pm »
    Heya Unfie! Welcome to Layo, be sure to read up on character submission format. Any questions, feel free to post on the forum. Thumbs up on instrumentals.. Yay for String Quartet! :D

Unfie

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 04:31:23 pm »
    Quote from: Stephen_Zuckerman
    In your avatar... That looks like Steve Buscemi as Mr. Pink. What's the dialogue?

I have no idea. I just needed a temporary avatar until I could find a better one, and this seemed like the most random one. Sadly I've been too lazy to actually choose a new avatar. :P

Unfie

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 07:15:24 pm »
    Not trying to sound like a total noob or anything, but it doesn't seem like I have a choice-- I just finished downloading it, but I'm clueless up to this point on what to do. I can tell it's probably something very obvious what I'm missing, but I'm that kind of person... sadly. :(

RollinsCat

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 09:08:46 pm »
    hey, welcome -

Not a newb question, this server is not plug and play so it might seem a little less obvious how to start at first!

Have a look here:  http://forums.layonara.com/character-stable/  These are pre-made characters that can get you in the game and looking without having to write your own.  You can change gender, names, where from, all that.

Or submit a character by reading this and the LORE starting pages for players, and thinking on what you'd like to submit.  Have a look here for other character ideas that fit yours if you want to submit your own.

this is a dedicated roleplay server, so the process to get in is a little slower than some servers, but once you do you will have a very good idea who your character is - until gms and other players start your evolution that is!

if you need any help writing, just ask, there are a tremendous number of gifted and imaginative people here who would love to help.

gl!

Unfie

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 10:14:23 pm »
    Haha, I actually mean the REALLY obvious thing that I'm missing... as in finding out where I actually start playing it. The problem with me is that I think things are more complicated then they probably are in the first place. Really, though. There's a long and embarrassing story related to this problem I have, but I won't get into it. :P You guys all seem really nice, and I'm sure that once I get a feel for this thing I'll do okay...

Chazzler

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 07:21:18 am »
    Well, first of all you need a copy of Neverwinter Nights, and it's two expansions, easies way to get the complete package is to look for Neverwinter Nights Platinum Edition, which is a DVD and comes with the original game and both expansions in one disc.
    The game is old, so it's not too costly (except for Apple Mac computers).
    You can likely get a copy delivered to you from places like BestBuy and so on.

Unfie

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 02:03:04 pm »
    ...*walks away to order Neverwinter Nights Platinum*

Yeah, I'll see you guys in about five days. XD

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 02:03:50 pm »
    Great!  Always a pleasure to have a new face!  Hope you like RPing!