The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 160 times)

Chaotick

• View Profile
    Hello
    « on: December 08, 2009, 05:16:09 am »
    Hi my Internet Alias is Chaotick.

I was looking for an MMORPG like no other, most of the MMORPGs I have tried are very very similar to WoW, and I don't like it.

So here I am, trying NWN.

1. Where do I download NWN?
    2. How do I make it access this server?

I couldn't find any of that information on the site so I am asking here.

Thanks.

Shiokara

Re: Hello
    « Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 05:40:34 am »
    Hi Chaotick,

First off, thank you for expressing interest in NWN and Layonara. I'm no bigwig here, but this place is great. I definitely prefer it to most of the MMOs I've played.

That said, I just wanted to let you know that NWN and Layonara (in its current incarnation) is not actually a MMORPG--it's a persistent server. The difference is in the community and gameplay. Where MMORPGs are built to house thousands of players who often create their own small communities therein, this server is much smaller and much more intimate. Nonetheless, if you're looking for something unlike WoW, this is definitely worth giving a shot. :)

So onto info! To play NWN and Layo, you have to purchase a copy of NWN. I'm not sure if you can purchase a download like you can with other games now-a-days because I chose to get a hard copy of the game from Newegg.com. What you're looking for is Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition. After you install it you'll want to patch it and download the required files for Layonara's server from the downloads section here. This will set you up to play Layo.

From there you'll want to submit a character. If you want to get in-game quickly, I suggest using a character from the character stable. These are ready-for-approval characters that have already been vetted by the character approval team.

If you don't go this route, then you'll have to write a character bio and submit it for review. Here is a link to Layonara's "getting started" LORE site. You can find links to all kinds of information regarding the world of Layonara to assist you in writing a bio for your character that fits into the world's lore.

After getting approved, you'll be ready to play. I know it seems like a fair bit of work, but I can assure you that it's worth it!

I look forward to seeing you in-game.

-Shio

Chaotick

• View Profile
      « Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 05:55:10 am »
      Thanks so much for the reply.

I will try my best to get on.

A-Wizzle

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 06:12:50 am »
      Also, if you're running off Vista (lucky me), then you'll run into a few nuisances along the way of installing nwn. You can look on Neverwinter Nights: Welcome to BioWare's Neverwinter Nights (NWN) Community Site! for a few helpful tips, and make sure you run as administrator when you go to install and play.

Also, I think it'd be worth the purchase if you could find a copy of it. There's a good amount to learn (about nwn mechanics and Layonara) but with time, you'll get it.