The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Hello by The Heretic  (Read 351 times)

EdTheKet

Hello by The Heretic
« on: March 11, 2007, 05:51:44 pm »
Hi all,

Where to start, where to start? At the beginning I guess.... I joined Layonara in September 2003, and it was my first online game ever.

And I never went anywhere else since then :)

In March 2004 I applied for a Quest GM spot and made it through the selection process. Then when running quests I dabbled a bit into writing some background stories.
This then progressed into writing how the dark elf society on Layonara works, including the creation of Vierdri'ira.

Then things got out of hand as Leanthar asked me if I wouldn't be interested in making a Campaign Handbook of sorts. "Sure, why not".

Then a couple of months later, this 200 page book was released. At the time I thought that was quite the monstrous amount, it was, however, only the beginning.

A year later we did a 'minor' update, and expanded the Handbook to a staggering 356 pages. I think around this time the nickname 'The Loremaster" started to take hold :)  Some even state that around this time items like The Loremaster's Whip (used to make people write stuff faster) or The Loremaster's Hammer (same function) were introduced....

Anyway, if you thought 356 pages was a lot, wait until our next release(s) :)

Of course this wouldn't be possible without the dedication of the Writer's Team, so I just want to take a brief moment to thank them, so... THANKS!

Let's see, what else... I'm twenty-nine years old and live in Amsterdam, The Netherlands :cool:

Oh, and my GM name is The Heretic.

The following users thanked this post: Thak

anything