The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Hello & help  (Read 490 times)

BarbaravdB

• View Profile
    Hello & help
    « on: April 29, 2008, 06:21:58 am »
    Got character approved. Downloading files- slowly, oh so slowly.   Then what?
    For example- how do I find/access the server?

No, I have never played an online RPG, nor have I played Neverwinter Nights before.

Lord of the Forest

Re: Hello & help
    « Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 06:31:15 am »
    Hey,

after you downloaded the files you need to extract them into their proper folders in your nwn main folder, where you installed it. Files with .hak go into your hak-folder, .tkl in your tlk and so on. Just make sure they are unzipped and in the folder, not in a subfolder. So like C:\\NeverwinterNights\\Hak\\file.hak

Make sure NWN is version 1.68 with both expansions installed.

Just start your game and select multiplayer in your main-menue, where you have to enter your playername and password. You can simply create a new account by pressing the button.

On the next screen you select 'join internet game'. On the bottom line you find a button with 'Direct Connect' Simply click it and it asks you for the server IP-Adress and password. Both are stated in your approved submission. Then simply click 'ok' and welcome in game :)

Now you simply have to create a new character. It is kind of a wizard that guides you through the whole process.

If you have any further questions, then please don't hesitate to ask :)

-Inny

Blackguy

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 07:12:25 am »
    You need the game neverwinter nights aswell. Getting the diamond edition will give you all needed games and expansions you need to get started. Think of it as a addon to an existing game. That is what Layonara is. Atleast for now :D

BarbaravdB

• View Profile
      « Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 04:58:19 am »
      Well that stuffs that idea.  I don't have my own computer, I'.m at a LAN Cafe. Don't know if they'll let me load on the main game, assuming I can get a copy of it.

EdTheKet

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 06:10:18 am »
      They probably won't then... :(

Lord of the Forest

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 09:44:04 am »
      You can of course install NWN on a mobile (external) harddisk and run it from there. Guess how I do it at work :P

It's worth a try.

BarbaravdB

• View Profile
        « Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 11:41:18 pm »
        That I can do , will a USb drive do or specifically an outside drive.
         Cost ? Remember I'm in Australia, so prices may be different.

Mind you ,at rough count there are about 8 computer shops(not including game shops) in my suburb and it isn't a big suburb.

Next question:  Can't get hold of Diamond edition, do just need the basic or any of the expansions as well.  Basic and Legends is available at shops, also 2nd hand Gold Ed.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 11:43:58 pm »
        the Expansion packs are Required, yes

BarbaravdB

• View Profile
          « Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 02:45:59 am »
          So what are the names of all of them, so that I can make sure I get the lot?

darkstorme

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 04:03:00 am »
          There are two expansion packs: Shadows of Uderentide, and Hordes of the Underdark.

EdTheKet

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 08:39:46 am »
          1) Shadows of Undrentide
          2) Hordes of the Underdark

I believe the Golden Edition includes only #1. There's also several smaller modules (can't think of the official terms), but you don't need those.

EDIT: Premium Modules, that's what they're called. You don't need those.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2008, 11:49:08 am »
          better make sure your external drive, whether a flash drive (SD type memory) or actual hard drive (SATA or... what's that other format? bah.. anyhow), can hold at least 8 gigs of memory, preferably 10 to 12.

Hellblazer

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2008, 12:46:17 pm »
          Nwn Diamond edition has all the expension and main game.

you can also check for this

SimpleTech - Signature Mini 250GB External Hard Drive - Cool Mint - FS-U25/250CM

BarbaravdB

• View Profile
            « Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 03:06:36 am »
            YaYYY:) Got a copy.  The sales clerk searched through the entire storeroom for me. Checked the codes, three differnent.

Smallest external drive available I think was 90G. Now I get to save for that. MIn wage + rent = careful budget.

Thanks everyone for all the help.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 08:08:38 am »
            you know, does this internet cafe have wireless internet that you can connect to? if so, it may be easier for you to save up for your own computer than just an external drive. You can buy a refurbished laptop from Dell for about $300; you'll just need to have the video card upgraded.

anything