The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Hiya every boooooody~ Muti-class?  (Read 1280 times)

Link092

Re: Hiya every boooooody~ Muti-class?
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2010, 01:07:18 am »
Quote from: drakogear
yeah... I know... and that sucks. CN in my opinion is the best alignment for any Barbarian class. That and maybe CE but that's not allowed for PCs.

CG is but... blehhh... I ain't no goodie two shoes.

then start with a TN character.. or LN.... ;D I had an "interesting" start, to say the least...

Like [Strike]Gunlyr[/Strike] Ycleption said, starting simple is a good start... it allows you to accustom yourself to the world... Jumping in as a TN dark elf without fully knowing much of the LORE and lore, etc etc, was painful, though I had much fun in the long run... heheh....(that's a completely different story). But, my second PC I made, Idoran, was plain jane (john?) human fighter, nothing big... and by far I have learned much playing him and he actually ended up being one of my favorite characters...

just food for thought.

//EDIT: heh, oops, wrong person.

lonnarin

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2010, 08:33:58 am »
A Corathite Cleric/Unholy Champion/Assassin would be a nasty mix and very RPable for the faith. ;)

Edit: Caduz as well.

drakogear

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 10:00:19 pm »
Quote from: lonnarin
A Corathite Cleric/Unholy Champion/Assassin would be a nasty mix and very RPable for the faith. ;)

Edit: Caduz as well.

read some more LORE and your right. That would make an interesting rp build. Though I think I may have an ever better evil assassin build.

Rouge/Assassin/Shadow Dance

Rouge Sneak Attack+Assassin Death Attack+Hide in Plain Sight=Ultimate Assassin

Though I got one question with this build... can anyone say... Altiare?:D

Play the game and you'll know what I mean. What game? You'll have to figure that out on your own.:p

Hint: you play as an assassin with a unique wrist blade.

stragen

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2010, 05:23:24 am »
Welcome!

I think it is worth while to attempt a challenging character.

One was to do this is to start with a character story (using lore) and then pick the build you think will be useful.

Its always good think of weaknesses as a way of adding flavour to any character.  For example your Deep Dwarf/Barbarian/Ranger/Battle Rager may have a short temper and a weak will... flying off the handle.  Or he may be simply very dense effectively a dumb-grunt that is fanatically loyal to Rael. Though mechanically barbarian+battlerager (without ranger) would be the better build.  If this was a TN character it would fit well with the current world Lore of Rael Kingdom and could be approved on submission.  Perhaps as a former (or current) solider of the Prantz army.

The wizard/palemaster/paladin 'aka guardian of necromancy' may lack charisma, being hideously deformed by his long association with undead, before converting to a paladin of Lucinda and thus be a poor paladin.  I think starting off as pure wizard, then attempting palemaster, then paladin would be the most sensible RP path.  You should remember to be flexible as this would be a multi-year RP commitment without guarantee of success.  

Cheers,

Stragen

geloooo

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2010, 07:39:55 am »
Welcome and have fun!

Please no good Dark Elves, but that's up to you. :P Oh how I abhor the abominations! You could always make a TN one and progress from there.

Link092

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2010, 09:14:40 am »
Quote from: geloooo
Welcome and have fun!

Please no good Dark Elves, but that's up to you. :P Oh how I abhor the abominations! You could always make a TN one and progress from there.

*seasons Geloo's SS's with some Montreal steak seasoning, a bit of lemon juice, and a dash of salt, then gives a GM a shrill whistle before running away*