The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: I'm back learning to RP with the best!  (Read 253 times)

curtiswise

• The Angels Guild
    • View Profile
I'm back learning to RP with the best!
« on: May 23, 2007, 09:47:06 pm »
While I am reflecting on my ignorance, death, and near miss with the Soul Mother. I thought it might be a good time to leak out some insights about me as a person.

My kids consider me from an older generation and older than most that are playing here on Layo..gray hair, not blue and still some left! OH yeah and two grandkids.

My first experience with PW's and whatever other acronyms exsist out there, was here on [SIZE=24]Layo[/SIZE]...because it sounded friendly. I was leary at first and very unsure about "gaming on line", thought it was for geeks and kids.

The people here have made it easy to play, RP and burn and slash as well.

I got to play for about six months before RL "stuff" happened and my gaming at Layo came to a screaching halt.  My computer was stolen, lost my home, nearly my job, and am separated with divorce soon.  Sanity was close at hand for months and I found myself missing Layo..more than my soon to be ex.(lol)

I am a social worker for the State (you figure out which one) and the job is often stressful and overwhelming. My view of society and the people in it has started to become only slightly jaded. People in my line of work tend to see all people as we see our "clients".

So..it is my sanctuary here in [SIZE=24]Layo[/SIZE]....it's my, therapy if you will...and I really enjoy myself here. Mind you that I'm just learning about RP/IG and have much to learn..so bear with Me..Lance and Diedra Merrick...if I seem too intense at gathering or crafting..well just kick me and say Howdy!

Coming back to Layo was a natural and I've made cyber friends here, seems silly but that's the way it feels. I feel part of a family here and even though I'm not the most social of people...that's becasue I'm a social worker..?Huh? I mean to say; Well it sometimes is hard to lighten up or open up to others..so I appreciate anyone's and everyone's help with RPing and having fun here at Layo.

I don't insult easy and if I do get insulted, I sulk and get over it..so hit me with your best shots.

The only thing now that can interfere with gaming is flyfishing and that dreaded sleep and eating routine!  Se you all IG!

Big thanks to the Staff and of course "L"

Pseudonym

Re: I'm back learning to RP with the best!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 09:52:14 pm »
Online gaming is not for geeks!! Flyfishing however ....

:)

Polak76

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 11:33:34 pm »
Pseudo, you might want to consider 'Flyfishing' having an alternate meaning, ie, a term used by those of the Mile-High club.

Anyway welcome.  If you find yourself online at a rediculous time I might catch you in our Aussie timezone.

Cheers,
Polak

hawklen

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 11:37:15 pm »
Flyfishing is so for the geeks!

:)

Welcome back curti

Marswipp

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 10:16:26 am »
You can go flyfishing in-game. :P
Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

curtiswise

• The Angels Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 10:32:30 am »
Quote from: Marswipp
You can go flyfishing in-game. :P

So I just need to move the microwave and refridge closer to the computer....problem solved!

Marswipp

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 01:20:11 pm »
We know what I mean:
    Fishing pole
    Fishing line
    Fly lure
Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

bmkbobcat

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 02:23:59 am »
    Welcome back!  I am quite new here myself, but we have already had a chance to meet in game, and I must say, you are doing quite well.

I'm sorry to hear of your recent RL issues, but I'm glad to see you are getting yourself centered again.  Keeping yourself distracted with something creative is always healing.  Good for you!

After looking at your profile, I just realized that we live just a stones throw (or max ride) away from each other!  My family and I live in the Aloha area.  :)

curtiswise

• The Angels Guild
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 11:08:23 am »
    Quote from: bmkbobcat
    Welcome back!  I am quite new here myself, but we have already had a chance to meet in game, and I must say, you are doing quite well.

I'm sorry to hear of your recent RL issues, but I'm glad to see you are getting yourself centered again.  Keeping yourself distracted with something creative is always healing.  Good for you!

After looking at your profile, I just realized that we live just a stones throw (or max ride) away from each other!  My family and I live in the Aloha area.  :)

fellow Oregonian...cool, look forward to some more IG action...thanks for the good RP!

cbnicholson

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 02:20:38 pm »
    I've said in game and I'll say it here..Welcome back!  You were missed by more than a few.
    "Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

anything