The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Just a follower....  (Read 508 times)

Talia

Just a follower....
« on: March 27, 2007, 12:49:38 pm »
My name is Amy...and my age..well old enough to have.. 2 boys...8 and 9 years old, well three if you count my significant other *grins and laughs* Although they are all wonderful and keep my life interresting to say the least!

Hobbies...I don't have much time for them...altough I do love being outdoors in the fall and very early spring...the crisp air and the lack of bugs  (I live in Minnesota, where the mosquito is king) make those the perfect times!  I enjoy the great outdoors..camping, fishing, hiking..etc.  I also enjoy watching my kids do anything..well just about everything.

I came to Layo by way of the significant other and two brothers, who all play here.  In other words...I had to go purchase the game, get it installed and create a char. to talk to any of those three *smirks*.  I have been playing on Layo for a little over two months now.  This is my first experience with NWN, Rping, or even really playing a computer game that isn't cards or minesweeper.  I think I am finally starting to master the keyboard controlling..(watch my char in game and have a good laugh sometimes as I forget and start mouse-clicking).  I was not a D&D player ever..*sighs*  Good thing the computer does the math as my degree is in social work!

I created my one and only char:Talia...A preistess of Lucinda...
(even if a nice GM had to help me redo her...because I didn't know enough about the game..let's just say I didn't configure the package right)..Well..she has made great progress I think...as well as me..I have enjoyed my time on Layo so much...so many wonderful chars...(very forgiving I might add and helpful IC and OOC) so many places to die...umm, I mean explore...I really love the new scenery...and the music is nice too..Although I do find myself humming along with it now...*shakes head* not good!  Talia's skills are more healing and making potions of cure for the underdogs or those lacking funds.  Her verbal skills are sometimes reduced to nothing....my computer tends to crash for just about any reason or do whatever it's doing that stops Talia from doing her healing at times...while working on the wounded.  

As for questions...hmmmm..I always have so many...none are coming to mind right now.  I guess I'll just have to ask when they pop into my head!

Well, enough of this...off to go play again...WOOHOO!

The following users thanked this post: Thak, Hellblazer

Canyonman

Re: Just a follower....
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 01:08:07 pm »
And the nicest player in the game...*smiles* A pleasure to make your acquaintance. *bows low and elogant*

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 01:16:29 pm »
Layo <3's Talia!  The Greatest Cleric EVER!  (Yes, better then Hawklen, She's nicer:D )

Got to say you are one of my favorite people to play with.  Never a dull moment.  Well, unless your making potions...  Thats always slow  :p

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 01:25:36 pm »
**smacks shiff for saying such nonsense, and taking her line**

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 01:27:29 pm »
*rubs his head, and sobs*

What?!

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 01:39:01 pm »
**loves talia and shiff**

It's always nice to meet the player behind the character :) Sounds like a chaotic, yet fun life! (With the two - *cough three cough* boys!) ;)

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 01:42:08 pm »
Have a cookie! hehehehehe

Avast ye land lubber! :D

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 01:49:11 pm »
I actually love the outdoors too.  My family owns a nice little house in the mountains of New York State, and I just love goig up there to relax.  Its wonderfully peacful, and I love looking for deer in the forests and finding salamanders...  

Hehehe!

My favorite lil critters...  Too bad I can never figure out what to feed them, I'd raise them at home as a pet...

But I <3 camping.  I'm an Eagle Scout and I just love camping trips!  Hey!  lets all go to Canada for a camping trip :D :p !

Kirbiana

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 02:25:35 pm »
I still remember how Talia gave my character a stack of healing potions in exchange for a few skeleton knuckles on my very first night in Layo.  What a good role model for a beginner cleric to have!  

:)

cbnicholson

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 11:39:47 am »
sure sure, nice to meet ya! *laughs*
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

anything