The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: My Greetings to all of you  (Read 491 times)

Warchild214

My Greetings to all of you
« on: November 27, 2009, 02:25:38 pm »
Hello,

I have been playing NWN since it came out off and on, but not in the past 5 months or so and eager to get back into it asap.  Im 39, mechanical designer from Syracuse NY USA.

I have been browsing around here for about a week now and printing off many documents for referenece.  I have played both "power leveling servers" and RP servers and find the RP ones to be a more "Immersion" type atmosphere with character management and in game decisions.  I cant say I am a great RP NWN player as my typing is not the best but I make get buy and stay in character...and ofcourse its very fun to do also!

I have decided to submit a Wood Elf, Ranger to play.  I have the first draft of his Bio already done and will finalize it very soon.

I just have this one question to someone who might be able to help.  Did I read somewhere that the GM's are only accepting Rangers and Druids at this time for character submission?  When is the cut-off date for Ranger submissions?..or am I not understanding it properly?  Please advise.

Well, just a bit on me for now and hope to make some long time friends on here and find my niche in Layonara....

Warchild214
Anthony

The following users thanked this post: Chazzler, Lynn1020, geloooo

merlin34baseball

Re: My Greetings to all of you
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 02:36:46 pm »
Welcome!

There are no restrictions as far as class goes that I know of. Hope that helps.

Merlin34

Lynn1020

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 02:45:04 pm »
*Big wave*

First of all welcome to Layonara!  Same as Merlin.. as far as I know there are no restrictions for rangers.  I play one myself!  Not necessarily the first one you want to meet in game though.. some think she is a bit cranky.  O.o

Anyways.. feel free to send tells once you get your character approved and get in game. Most are more than happy to help out and show you around.
 A big storm just hit one of the major cities so things are a bit crazy right now. So brace yourself.

Lynn1020

Warchild214

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 02:54:04 pm »
thanks for the replies

glad to hear no restrictions.

Thats ok Lynn, my guy kinda keeps to himself for the most part unless you are a wood elf..then I converse some with caution...;)

thanks for the weather warning....Ill bring some extra cloaks for the storm!

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 02:58:15 pm »
First and Foremost

Welcome to Layonara!!!

Its alwasy good to see new people coming, Prepare to see one of the most amazing Rp worlds you have played.

There are plenty of people here that can help you, once your character got aproved, so if have any doubt , don't doubt on send a tell to me or someone else I am sure you'll find the place entretaining and challenging at the same time

Carillon

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 03:11:27 pm »
Hi Warchild,

I think I know where your confusion is coming on that whole ranger/druid thing. We have a special service for people who don't consider themselves to be "writers", who might have language barriers, who might be very young (some children play here as well), who are brand new to roleplaying, or who otherwise feel they cannot write their own character submission. This is called the Character Stable, and both GMs, Character Approvers, and regular players can write characters and "donate" them. However, we try to keep these as simple as possible so they are not too challenging for new RPers, so for these pre-written biographies we do keep them to simple classes, alignments and races.

Rest assured, the regular Character Submissions process has many, many, many combinations of classes and races to explore! I definitely look forward to reading your wood elf ranger submission--and welcome to Layonara!

~Carillon/GM Phoenix

Warchild214

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 04:04:39 pm »
Thanks Carillion for the clarification.  I understand completly now :)

IMO - One of the best thing about creating a RP NWN PC is creating the PC's bio and history!  I have been writing for about 2 days now and have it pretty well rounded out..IMO ofcourse.  In just me writing this history of my PC, it has made me look at him from many differerent angles and prespectives.  really looking forward to some long nites in Layonara with him..

I also feel NWN is a totally different game when a server is "power" vs. "RP".  sure power mods are fun once in a while, but when the economy is so out of wack and items are a dime a dozen..it gives the game atmosphere a very different feel.  I personally want to (well my PC) feel jazzed when he has saved enough hard erned coins to actually buy a standard regular long bow, vs. save $$$$$ for a power weapon.  I also love the "timed" resting, food, thirst, and weather effects..all small things that add a bunch of realism to the gaming experience.  I am under the impression that true D&D enthusiasts who did PnP back in the days or now will lean to more RP environment..where as the standard video fantasy gamers will lean more towards power leveling.  to each his own I always say and play with whatever is fun for you.  now gotta get back to my PC's history...

Warchild214

anything