The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Only because all the cool kids seem to be doing it...  (Read 398 times)

LightlyFrosted

Only because all the cool kids seem to be doing it...
« on: March 13, 2007, 02:28:30 am »
Good evening - or, whene'er you should happen to read this, be it morning (ye gads!), afternoon, night, or some other time that defies description.

What to say, what to say...

Well, while I have a number of wryly, wittily, or cynically named facades behind which I conceal myself, my name is Drew - or, if you're feeling particularly formal, 'Andrew'.

There's not too much of any great interest about me - I'm currently a university student, living not far from Toronto Ontario and studying theatre.  My current renting situation disallows pets, so to make up for it, I coddle pet projects, the most recent of which being a translation of 'Snakes on a Plane' into musical format.  I've yet to see the movie, but really, do I have to?  Snakes.  Plane.  Bases are covered, no?

Let's see...  I amuse myself with various song and story writing endeavours, most often when I shouldn't (i.e. should be writing something more important, like an essay).  Still, the work gets done, I hand it in, and everyone's happy.  More or less.  Until I get the grade back, at least.

I've been an active D&D gamer since the fifth grade.  In that time, I've played or DM'ed 15 seperate campaigns (if some of them could even earn that title), and I have a couple of Living Greyhawk characters of whom I'm extremely proud, and who are levelling quite nicely.  I have an affection for spell-tossers, but it's expanded to include various rogues and other ne'er-do-wells, as well as the occasional fighter.  The only two character classes I've NEVER played in an F2F game are paladin and barbarian, both for personal reasons.  Theoretically I'm still playing the first campaign that I ever played in, but as it's progressing at one two-or-three-hour-gaming-session per annum, I expect it'll be some time before we hit level three.

I'm a comic-book junkie of sorts, and a fair bit of a geek.  I am naturally predisposed to entropy and clutter, and much as I may make valiant efforts to the contrary, this seems to be the general state of my possessions and effects.  My reading tastes are broad and varied, but range from soft to hard fantasy, science fiction, mystery novels, and most combinations thereof, with tenative toe-touches into other genres in the occasions that I feel both adventurous and bold.

I'm somewhat of an eclectic music-listener, with a liking for everything from metal to classical, and I'm a classical musician, trained in both the piano and violin.  Of course, I also play the electric bass, so my rock and roll is not fully gone, mmm?

In the spare time I have when not sitting in my room feverishly hoping my character will stabilise from the grievous wounds he's sustained in combat - AGAIN - I'm usually found at the gym.  Or pool.  Or possibly the library.  Okay, so there's no one usual hang-out for me.

I may expand upon this pending anyone interested enough to ask for more, but for now it's late, I'm tired, and this is long enough for now.

The following users thanked this post: Thak, Stephen_Zuckerman

anything