The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Pen N Popper, metagamer  (Read 977 times)

Masterjack

Re: Pen N Popper, metagamer
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2007, 12:53:45 pm »
Yahh..PnP is Back!!! *does a little happy dance*

Mooneyes

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2007, 12:58:27 pm »
It's good to see you back! *smiles*

Dorax Windsmith

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2007, 06:22:26 pm »
Welcome back, great to see you again :) !

osxmallard

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2007, 06:29:33 pm »
The paperboy is working in Hempstead... and is selling advertisements for the new issue of the Whisper coming out soon.  Sorry, you can no longer try and buy healing kits +1 off the poor lad.

Welcome back Pen.

Dorganath

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2007, 06:33:08 pm »
Yep...misunderstanding on my part due to incomplete information.  The Paper Boy will stay.

Thanks osX for helping PnP get it tested.

Odranoela

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2007, 06:38:14 pm »
Nice!

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2007, 10:23:56 pm »
*waves to PnP*

Welcome Back!  Your dreams were your ticket out....

Welcome back Popper ;)

Pen N Popper

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2007, 05:43:06 pm »
In over my head building a new computer from parts of my old one.  Can't wait to see shiny water, though, and *gasps* shadows!

Back in a week or two or ....  eep!

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2007, 05:45:49 pm »
Hurry back!  I want to sell my story!

Pen N Popper

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2007, 08:21:03 am »
Parts ordered.  Soon there will be the rich aroma of SLI goodness wafting about the room from the dust burning atop the hot graphics cards.  (Or there will be the smell of burning parts accompanied by the screams of a hardware newbie.)

Pen N Popper

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2007, 09:06:18 am »
What a prescient statement:  There were indeed smoke and sparks.  Lots of time reading up on NWN2 features and definitely missing the Layo goodness.  Still at least a week away from working machine again.

Pen N Popper

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2008, 07:28:16 pm »
Greetings!  

Yes, I'm still lurking about.  Mostly I hope to see the post describing the new platform that Layonara will be based upon.  I've been playing on a hardcore NWN2 PW these past few months (which I love!), but have found that my expectations for the community at these other PWs is severely high, thanks to the Layonara staff.  This is causing me some problems in fitting in elsewhere.  Be thankful you have such a kind staff and community on here!

I've had some time to grow accustomed to the NWN2 systems available out there on these PWs.  I'd say that things are progressing, but that expectations still far exceed what is available.  To be honest, returning to NWN1 doesn't seem at all bad to me.  The scenery is not all that more impressive in NWN2 that it would outweigh basic things like customizable clothing and other scripts.

I still enjoy trying to guess what platform the Layonara team has chosen to base their work upon.  There are just too many cool things out there, though, for me to put all my chips onto one.  I've enjoyed trying out the FPS games (TF2, CS:S, old Quake mods, etc.).  There's something appealing about playing a turn based system in a FPS-ish game (like Mount&Blade).

Another thing that has become very clear is that any 24/7 PW should have a web or IRC interface.  Very much like the LORE letters here, but being able to "park" your PC in an RP tavern that you could visit during your away-from-game time would be superb.  Ideally you could conduct business transactions (items for gold) as well as RP.  Heck, you could even put Google advertising around the interface and trickle in income.

Hope all is well with you and yours,
PnP

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2008, 12:56:46 am »
huh... interesting idea on that last paragraph, PnP. and great to hear from ya!

Pen N Popper

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2008, 04:23:23 pm »
"Real life" has captured me in its vice-like grips.  Layonara never was a five hour per week type of place so I'll offer a wave and hope to see you when time allows.

Pseudonym

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2008, 04:55:38 pm »
*returns the wave*

Nice to see you're still alive and kicking .

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2008, 04:56:57 pm »
Was just wondering about you yesterday. Have fun! We'll be here when you get back.

Tobias

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2008, 08:47:11 pm »
Ophy still misses her Dubbel!

Chazzler

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2008, 02:52:07 am »
Doth come back, the DarkFire will avail you.

mumbles

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2008, 03:10:27 pm »
Yeah me and Tobias were only just talking the other day wondering where you had vanished to mate , Any way hope you find some time in future to pop in if not , take care

Pen N Popper

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2009, 08:22:42 am »
Feeling the need for creative outlet. Might need to figure out how to play Layo with just a couple hours free time. Possible?

anything