The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: quick question  (Read 132 times)

major6

quick question
« on: November 24, 2007, 12:06:23 am »
Do submission requests normally take a day to get answered or is it that it is Thanksgiving weekend :)   This is not meant to be derogatory just a simple question on how much time it may be before I can see this game.  Really want to see what it is all about ;)

One other question.  Is there anyone out there who be willing to exchange pm's, emails or im's to give me a little headsup on what I got to look forward to.  Please contact me, always up for some good talk.

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: quick question
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 02:25:33 am »
I'm totally up for any contact, questions, etc. All relative information for contact or whatever can be found in my profile.

I remember the days when submissions would take a week to even get answered the first time. Now we've got a lot more Approvers, so it usually doesn't take more than a day or two. But do remember that everyone here is working on a volunteer basis - they do it because they love it, not because they have to.

Hellblazer

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 02:43:51 am »
Aye, I remember those also.. err wait mine were always slow hehehe.

Nah truly they only do their work when they are free to do so being that they have lives and family, lovers friends etc. It's worth the wait though as you will have many fine hours of play even with some of them.

major6

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 09:06:20 am »
Thanks to those who replied.  I have played muds for nearly 20 years now and all have been on the volunteer basis.  Time is never an issue as I appreciate all that those who volunteer to such make it easier for me to enjoy what little time I do have :)

Eight-Bit

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 12:04:21 am »
The duration of a submission varies a lot. The complexity of your character, your alignment, your choice of race, Deity, and all other character traits can add or decrease the time it takes to get approved. (generally...)

If you're the generic farm boy, the approval is a one shot deal. If you're the Half-Drow Half-Human son of the Matron of House Vixlan, who is cast unto the surface seeking the sacred dagger of Umlaut to wipe clean the scourge of your mother's infinite supply of thralls, then perhaps it may take a wee bit longer.

Also, a tip about submissions - treat it like an essay about your character. My best advice is to write out the main points of the character, their personality traits, and finally the smaller details. Then you can easily craft a well-written and easy-to-approve submission, using the notes as a guide.