The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Re-Introduction  (Read 1675 times)

geloooo

Re: Re-Introduction
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 12:16:18 am »
nice to meet you :D im new here :)

LynnJuniper

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 04:48:01 pm »
Back again...again...again
I'm 23 now...Actually made the mistite (sorc) this time...graduated college...did all of that lovely stuff. Work in the IT dungeon now....(very journalism related I know) and work for Comic Booked | Comic Book News, Reviews, Interviews and More. as a writer and team lead for tabletop games (there's the journalism thing)..

Good to see you all again...again...again.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2012, 05:09:48 pm »
I'll keep an eye out for ya. Welcome back. (Again, again.)

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2012, 06:35:08 pm »
Welcome back (again)

Pseudonym

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 07:00:40 pm »
*waves* *again*

Tanman

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 08:01:21 pm »
*waves again*

Dremora

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2012, 11:08:17 am »
*waves for the first time* New dark elven blood in my case.

Hellblazer

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2012, 11:34:29 am »
Well welcome back once more.. again.. :)

Chazzler

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 05:33:42 am »
Welcome back again, to gain something again? gaingain gahh...

LynnJuniper

Hey,Lurking again; I put in a
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2013, 06:30:02 pm »

Hey,

Lurking again; I put in a new character to be approved because this is literally the only steady server I've seen in NWN that's lasted so many years now. That stability has to mean something and I'm getting bit by the NWN/D&D bug again. Let's see , what have I been doing.

Trying to live on my own as a 20something, playing Shadow Run and other pnp games with my friends, and getting my face stomped on in League of Legends pretty much makes up for all of my hobbies right now.

I'm doing technical writing now, bit of a step away from journalism, but hey, it pays and I like it....

Anyway,

Hi all of you new layonarans, Layonarans that I don't know that came after me and have been on this server longer than I have, and the few of you I actually still recognize...

Sup?

IceDragonDuvessa

Welcome back... agian :) I
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2013, 11:24:40 am »

Welcome back... agian :) I look forward to torturing your new character mercilessly ;)

miltonyorkcastle

Didn't Shadowrun just come
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2013, 12:50:24 pm »

Didn't Shadowrun just come out with a new print of their PH?

LynnJuniper

@Ice: Literally that's about
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2013, 05:29:57 pm »

@Ice: Literally that's about 80% of my reasoning for coming back. When asked by my friends and by redditors what my most memorable D&D moment was and what kept me coming back I always answer something like "Well it would have to be somewhere between the time I had a character become a Knight of Insanity representing anger...and the time that same character pissed off an extraplanar demideity so much so that she literally had a Balor thrown on her head in the middle of town" ;)....was it a balor? Or was it a pit fiend?

@Milty : no idea, tbh I literally just started with shadow run. I know next to nothing about the setting or the rules, I just mostly act the way I want my character to act and depend on other players and the Dm to help me along. :) I'm playing a "Face" right now, which is basically like the Bard/Social skills/Talk-y person. Fun times!

IceDragonDuvessa

I think it was a Balor :)
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2013, 08:52:19 pm »

I think it was a Balor :)

Rowana

@Milty - yes they just
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2013, 01:17:31 am »

@Milty - yes they just released 5th edition to much alcolades thus far. (and a SP video game, with an MMO to follow, all kickstarted I might add. Pretty cool.)

@Ice and Lynn - It would hav been a balor back then but now the accurate thing would be to call it a Pit Fiend. *wobbles hand* Lore change up makes some of that stuff hazy. We don't have "Balors" anymore. Speaking of that line of events they would be Pits instead of Planes etc. If it comes up IC of course. Which.... *eyes Ice* No telling... *eyes Minerva* ...seriously...

~row

LynnJuniper

I remember that during my
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2013, 07:07:08 am »

I remember that during my small stint as a writer, I attempted to make a 'plane'/'pit' that actually encompassed all of the Planar Gaurdians and Veirffey (sic?) just so that the plots would make sense in the grand scheme of the way things were changing. I don't know if anyone else ever did that after me, but if characters like (Lets see if I can do this!) Elezandor, Koralawyn, Tik'Valhulla (again, not sure there), Bao'somethingsomethingsomething, Murelle, and , of course, Keaira'tynen show up again..that would be awesome (I know there was one in Carceri too but I forgot her name :( )

Aphel

Welcome back!
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2013, 07:22:05 am »

Welcome back!

IceDragonDuvessa

I know they aren't accurate
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2013, 05:49:19 pm »

I know they aren't accurate to current lore. I was already looking at them to see what we could do because I absolutely loved playing all of them. Murella and Keaira were my favorites though. You were pretty good on the memory there Lynn.

They need A LOT of tweaking to their stories before they would fit to the current scheme but I as I said. I am looking into it.

Keaira'tynen - Baator

Bao'Almira - Mechanus

Zippolorania - Abyss.

Dwin'itrin -  Carceri.

Koralawyn - Pandemonium

Maurelle - Abrorea

Tikvah'ulla - Celestia

Aranna -  Celestia

LynnJuniper

Because I don't know where
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2016, 02:40:48 pm »

Because I don't know where else to put this:

I'm popping back in for my yearly, semi yearly, whatever post. Not coming back or anything but wanted to basically let you guys know that I do occasionally lurk here and it is heart warming to see the same names that I remember from 10 years back. I even caught glimpse of Rowana making a mention of Sinthar Bloodstone and the war and was proudly recalling to friends "Yeah! I'm a veteran of that war" (of course , with many 'o.O' type glances and such).

I just wanted to take my podium topic here and say: Layonara is uniquely awesome in NWN servers in that it managed to maintain a feeling of family and belongingness that many servers that dropped off (and even a few that remain) never really got right. And I think that the community here is to thank as well as the awesome DMs and admins who keep it running and who for 10+ years, have managed to create an ongoing campaign that still keeps running that doesn't even base itself on an established canon (Such as Greyhawk or Forgotten Realms) but was completely born in the hearts of the creators. That's just amazing and something I can hope to emulate with any project I work on (whether it be tinkering in NWN or in a real life campaign).

So keep on playing, you beautiful awesome people, and thanks for some of the best NWN/RP/Story telling experiences I've ever had.

anything