The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: SoulforNothing (s0ulz) - Who am I?  (Read 275 times)

s0ulz

SoulforNothing (s0ulz) - Who am I?
« on: September 18, 2007, 03:10:19 pm »
Well, since just a few days ago, three years have passed since I first joined Layonara, I thought I'd write a bit about myself up here. Nothing fancy just a bit of backstory.

I'm a 20 year-old kid from Estonia, one of the Baltic States. I reside in Tallinn, our capital city and if anyone doesn't know where Estonia is, it's right under Finland and west of the Russian Federation. We have about 2 to 3 months of winter and 9 to 10 months of bad skiing weather... since it's not often we have decent over 30 celcius summers.

Now about myself. I'm currently in my final year working towards a bachelor's degree in business and entrepreneurship. I picked up Layonara from a veteran Ar7, who's my bud. Before Layonara I played Counter-Strike for about 3 to 4 years and had mediocre success at that. Until the scene started to fade in Estonia and well... school started to take up way too much time.

The first contact with Layonara was when I saw the first days of v2 at his place and I was hooed by just watching it. I immediately went on a search for NWN and once I had it, began to read up on the Handbook.

I struggled finding my niche, until BANG, I came up with Fenrir, who has been my main character for over 2,5 years now. I really like the immensity of dwarven roleplay and while I consider mysel a horrid RPer, I know the dwarven community is the best there is (though we are few).

After high school Layo time was cut down, but I'm happy to say that since last spring I found plenty of time to focus on Layonara and can't wait to put even more effort into the plot and Fenrir.

On a more personal note I enjoy playing soccer, basketball and indoors hockey. I listen to varying music from punk to hard rock to hiphop and industrial to electronic. I don't read much but enjoyed the Splinter Cell books.

I don't think I missed anything else, so anyone coming to Estonia, I greet you warmly and holler at me if you want some tips or a tour. :)

SoulforNothing

Nyralotep

Re: SoulforNothing (s0ulz) - Who am I?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 03:23:34 pm »
Cool, I was pretty sure Ar7 was from there too.  I sure wouldn't mind visiting there myself.

Dorax Windsmith

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 05:26:26 pm »
Thanks for sharing.

Pseudonym

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 07:22:00 pm »
Heh, I continually have to remind myself player not equal to character.

20 year old who likes basketball??!? I had always imagined you as somewhat more Fenrir-ish in RL ..... you know, squat, surly and 200 years old.

Falonthas

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 08:45:36 pm »
ive not only heard of estonia but i have a vodka from there for my clubs called turi