The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Stragen  (Read 769 times)

stragen

Stragen
« on: June 18, 2007, 03:52:13 am »
I live in Adelaide Australia.  I found NWN in December 2005 when I was looking for a roleplaying game to play with my friends on a visit to Perth.  The idea of role-playing without needing Pen/Paper and rulebook appealed to me as something different.  I found NWN and then began looking into online roleplaying.  After a few non-RPG servers I found Layonara and was impressed.  I have played Layonara full-time since Jan 2006.  

My roleplaying background is mainly using GURPS, with various worlds, campaigns and characters.   I haven’t done much table-top roleplaying in the last decade, usually once every two years or so.

For the last eight and a half years I have worked as a research engineer for a large organization.  I have a pretty good job with lots of travel, and every project is different.  However, like Dilbert I sit in a cubicle.

I play basketball socially 3 times a week.  I occasionally go to the gym to keep my ageing body fit enough to keep playing basketball.  However I am one year younger then Scotcar.

I am married with one child.  My greatest achievement is my one year old daughter.

You may have met my current characters in game; Jin Lun Lee, Jake Saltpetre, or Jacrum Shieldbreaker.   Both Jin and Jake are now 18 months old.  Jacrum is the baby at 6 months.

There is a running theme in all my current and past Layonara characters.  Try and guess it.

I am really enjoying this game.  There is a small but great collection of Aussie roleplayers and gamemasters.  

I plan to stick around as long as possible.

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, Thak, Stephen_Zuckerman, Lynn1020, Mooneyes, Erik K, geloooo

kilraq

• View Profile
    Re: Stragen
    « Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 08:30:51 am »
    *Waves to the aged veteran of this world*  Nice to meet ya.  ^^

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 11:29:42 am »
    Hmmm... "J" is you favourite letter?

Pseudonym

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 06:29:42 pm »
    Either what Gilshem said ... or, each of them is put on this world to rub my characters up the wrong way? :)

stragen

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 06:52:01 pm »
    Correct.  All characters including the late Jason Smith and Justice Bearclaw had first names starting with J.

Correct.  All characters were made using prescience to be the antithesis of Pseudonym's.

scotcar

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 03:19:38 am »
    *Mutters how inappropriate it is to discuss others ages....*

stragen

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 02:16:39 pm »
    Greetings!  To all the European's and GMT timezone players I have met.   It's been some great fun.   One more night in Germany then I'm back to Australia.

Xirion

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 10:00:08 am »
    Hey your in Germany? Why? Where?
    Asking because I am from Germany myself ;)

>Xirion>

Trace Nightwind

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 10:49:27 am »
    It's good to have you here!

Cambo

• View Profile
      « Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 06:14:13 am »
      Yeah man, I had alot of fun playin with Jacrum that one time when we went to hunt Goblins. :D You back in Australia yet?

stragen

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 09:34:23 pm »
      I'm back in Adelaide.

Currently AFL (Away from Layo, or Aussie Football League).  

Renovating.

stragen

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 12:38:57 am »
      Where am I?

My phone line and internet is dead.  It appears that phone services in Australia almost rivals a 3rd world country.  I have no phone or internet at the moment.

Telstra disconnect my phone accidentally on Friday.  They plugged my line into someone else's house at the local exchange.

My provider AAPT doesn't open over the long weekend.      Telstra who owns the equipment won't fix the mistake they made without a fault logged with their service provider.  I ended up spending 1.5 hrs waiting on hold to log the fault with AAPT on Friday night until their call center closed.  Today when I finally got through after a total of 4.5 hrs on hold.  I'm still not certain that my phone will be fixed as the AAPT service rep never gave me the job call number as I requested.

Cutting a long story short I may get phone back on Thursday.

I'm hoping my internet will also still be working...  Broadband with ADAM internet over the Telstra line.

Pseudonym

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 12:47:09 am »
      *Pseudonym sympathises with stragen over the deplorable service of AAPT*

In your absence, we have done some forced RP with Jacrum, we just pretend he is standing off in the background during quests. FYI, he is now Ark's indentured servant. Hey, don't shoot the messenger, the dice weren't on your side the other night.

stragen

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 12:41:12 am »
      Ahh, you forgot to mention the indenturing1 when Ark and Jacrum met last night.

Oh, yes and it was good to be back!  I'll try and log on for this Sunday.  Or maybe even your wednesday night quest.

1 indenture, a dwarven brawling move that requires the receipent to visit the local dentist the next morning.

stragen

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 07:08:30 am »
      Hi All,

After that enforced (low internet) break from Layo due to travel.  I've decided that I'm going to focus on my studies.  Now is the best time to get the layo addiction out of my system and claw my way claw my way closer to completion.

To those who have missed my characters, or need their input or help.  My apologies.  

To those villains who have run amok with the force of good Axe and Wolfish fists.  Enjoy it while you can.

To those who were involved in our Raelist schemes for world domination, tomorrow is a good day for world domination.

I have given myself a deadline of December to have the first draft complete.  With smooth sailing (writing) that means submitting some time in early 2009.  So perhaps my login for Layo2 will be...

Dr Stragen

stragen

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 06:33:40 am »
      So it's still not Dr Stragen, my revised aim is for the end of this year.  As soon as I can find some time.  

I did have a great holiday.

The good news for Layo Jin Lun Lee has a CDQ comming up this weekend.  So I will be online then.

Send me a PM or a tell if you want to catch up.