The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The Ice Dragon  (Read 354 times)

IceDragonDuvessa

The Ice Dragon
« on: March 12, 2007, 08:19:39 pm »
I stumbled acrossed Layonara in October of 2004 while browsing a DnD website for more goodies to throw at my PnP players. It was there that I saw the link to a persistent world... having just finished the single player campaign I clicked over and browsed around. I wasn't much into online games at the time but I liked to role play so I gave it a go.

I almost left the world right away feeling totally out of place until I met one GM on his player character. He welcomed me into a group heading to the grey peak mountains and taught me some of the ropes. You can all blame Seth for my getting hooked on this place ;)

It wasn't long into playing that orth further hooked me got me interested in building and helping him out with some smaller tasks he had, then Rhizome got me interested in GMing... from there I joined the team and really the rest is history.

Outside my online persona I am a 27 year old television production engineer. Ive worked for several affiliate stations and one live call in talk show. I now spend most of my pen and paper time as a player... though mostly we eat pizza and talk about things like Dead Rising and the evils of warcraft.

The following users thanked this post: aragwen, Thak

Fatherchaos

Re: The Ice Dragon
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 08:24:12 pm »
The evils of warcraft, from fps to soul-devouring mmo:) I spent waaaaaay too much time in that game instead of my studies. Now I can let layo be my excuse of staying up late and not studying.

Looking forward to seeing what you've got up your sleeve.

jrizz

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 08:31:51 pm »
Ice rocks!!! I just had to say it :)

Tanman

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 08:42:04 pm »
Ice was one of the few people that got me hooked into Layonara. Ice does rock.

twidget658

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 10:34:01 pm »
All right, if I am going to post in any, it will be Ice's. As a GM...pure genious. I remember busting my butt to get on an IceDragon quest. It was worth it.

And I cannot fail to mention all the 'talking to's' that I have had with her. *winks*

IceDragonDuvessa

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 11:54:39 am »
*chuckles* come on it didn't hurt too bad...and the beatings never lasted THAT long*winks*

Quote from: twidget658
And I cannot fail to mention all the 'talking to's' that I have had with her. *winks*

twidget658

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 12:57:44 pm »
Quote from: IceDragonDuvessa
*chuckles* come on it didn't hurt too bad...and the beatings never lasted THAT long*winks*

Some of the best beatings I have had! I do appreciate the time you took to 'educate' me and put me back on the right track.

Grid Blader

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 01:15:22 pm »
Ice did the first Quest I was ever on.  I still hate snakes to this day.  I can count a few dt's I recived on that quest *smiles big*

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 02:28:33 pm »
Snakes. *shivers*

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 07:01:36 am »
I'm afraid of Brisbane, and very much looking forward to the quest series I'm planning on joining of yours, Ice. :)

anything