The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: This is orth  (Read 416 times)

orth

This is orth
« on: March 12, 2007, 06:35:25 pm »
Hello everyone,

This seems to be a popular forum and since I don't have a GM introduction I thought I'd take the time to let everyone know a little more about myself too.

My names is James, 32 years old living in a Toronto suburb.  I work as a Bookkeeper/Office Manager.  I have no wife nor children but 5 brothers and 4 sisters. (Yes all from the same parents).

I found Layonara in October 2003. I had spent many years on MUDs since 1994 but Layonara was my first graphic roleplay experience, (unless you count Diablo, which you shouldn't).  For those of you unfamilar with a MUD, it is a roleplay experience where all actions are typed, all interaction is text based. The deity I worshipped on one particular mud was named Orthwein, the God of Fate. Later on in my online life, I started using orthwein as a username, and it eventually got dropped to orth as that was all anyone would call me.

Anyway, Layonara blew me away, I found a creative outlet that was missing and was able to write a story with many others whom I developed strong friendships with plus have a lot of action and problem solving stimulation.  Plenarius was always there for me when I needed to just enjoy myself and escape for a while.

After a few months in Layonara, on the suggestion of Nita Thompson I applied for GM along with OneST8 and we were both accepted. In hindisight, I still think it was kind of early with my Layonara experience as some of the mystique is lost once you become a GM. But I don't regret the choice one iota.

I took a sabbatical in the summer of '04 and returned to find Leanthar having his hands full with development.  Many of the team had moved on to WOW and bugs were piling up.  I offered some suggestions to Leanthar privately on how to fix some bugs and we soon began communicating daily on issues before I eventually took up the whole Lead Dev position for NWN in early 2005.

Since then I've spent many hours in many areas of development and play time in this world.  It is a very large part of my life and I love it. There are so many people here I would call my greatest of friends and the memories overflow.

Thank you to everyone for making this world what it is and thank you to Leanthar for all that have you entrusted me with.

Enjoy your Layonara experience!

In case you want a face to the name:

The following users thanked this post: s0ulz, Thak, Stephen_Zuckerman

oneqtbebe

• Followers of Beryl
    • View Profile
Re: This is orth
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 06:43:28 pm »
nice to meet you James *smiles* now, this question should be simple, are you going to repeat your parents procreation persona? *grin* :-P

orth

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 09:07:53 pm »
If I had the money and maybe 10 less years on me, I'd love to.  My sibs are great, we are very close, childhood was always interesting and loneliness came seldom.

Though when they gave you that project in art to draw your family, it stunk.

Witch Hunter

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 09:12:58 pm »
Large families are great! though I've not as many siblings as you :P (We're 4)

always something to do around the house :P

s0ulz

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 03:09:19 am »
Orth, you're still the man. Good to know a bit more about you :)

anything