The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Since everyone else's doing it...  (Read 466 times)

MJZ

Since everyone else's doing it...
« on: March 12, 2007, 06:28:15 pm »
I suppose I don't want to be left out. Though I really would prefer to remain dark and mysterious, here..

"CIAGW." My name's Dorotka, I also go by Toff and Dorothy. I'm 19 and am currently in Sweden; though I've lived in Canada for a long time. I am Polish/German by blood and culture.
I've always been involved in fantasy, Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 7 being my hallmarks of gaming, all those many years ago. They remain my favourite games, along with Diablo II and Morrowind. And Baldur's Gate. Heh.

I love literature, am severely disappointed with its treatment in both secondary- and university-level education (but hey, my list of disappointments is long and rambling). The best crafted books I've read are Watership Down and Fall on Your Knees, I love 'em to bits. It's kinda cool, the former I first read when I was eight, the latter I just read last year. Anyways. Wuthering Heights is great, too.

I want music to accompany everything that's done - wouldn't that be swell? :B Like in a musical..
I have huge variance in my taste in pretty much everything, music isn't much exception. My favs there are Leonard Cohen, David Bowie, Nobuo Uematsu (what? He soo counts..), Michael Jackson, QUEEN, and Sara McLachlan. I also love opera in general and Tchaikovsky. And, I have a soft spot for a certain emo punk rock band, whose name I'm too embarrassed to pronounce... :B

Man this is getting long so I'll cut it short. I love writing, making critical analyses, proving myself right, drinking wine, art, gaming and fantasy. I also am a hopeless romantic... *places down a solitary rose and recoils into her lair*

And before you say it, Kindo, NO, "MJZ" does not stand for "Michael Jackson Zero"!!

The following users thanked this post: Thak, Kindo

Kindo

Re: Since everyone else's doing it...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 06:37:33 pm »
I didn't know any of this! I don't even know who you are anymore... :(

Our gaming experiences are quite similar, as we both know by now. One of the things that brought us together, all those years ago. The band whose name you are too embarrassed to pronounce is KENT! The best emo-rock ever produced on this planet. And by the way, Michael Jackson Zero would be the best superhero ever. Or villain. Whichever is more appealing.

How about a picture of your pretty face?

oneqtbebe

• Followers of Beryl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 06:38:48 pm »
A hopeless romantic huh? Ditto! *glaze slowly upon the sky & ponders about unrequited love*

MJZ

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 06:42:30 pm »
To Kindo: Haha, close, but no cigar. OH yeah, a picture of me...
Personally, I've seen a lot of prejudice and bias due to revelations of age, gender, and especially pics online. But I do believe Layonarans are above all that!

Here's a nice straight-forward one, before I permed my hair.
And here's me feeding Hedgie! Aww hedgie..

And here's the toughest dawg in the whole wide world.

To oneqtbebe: Alright! *Cracks out the Poe and candles* Commence the sighing..

Fatherchaos

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 06:53:16 pm »
OI! You have a pet hedgehog! That is one word: awesome! I haven't seen those critters since I visited my grandfather (actually it was a procupine, which is not really related). Los Angeles has a strange spell cast on it, I think its called "exterminate all interesting life, 30 mile radius"

I have to drive a few miles to see anything that reminds me of home :)

MJZ

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 06:57:21 pm »
Hahah that's true, I've been to LA, not even PEOPLE walk the streets! *sighs*

But it's not really my pet, it lives under the house and we feed it, so it always hangs around. It's quite tame as you can see, so I suppose it's a bit pet-like..

Edit: *Smacks forehead* And Star Trek! Can't believe I forgot to mention Star Trek! Big trekkie, DS9 is hands down the best. Cardassians!

Fatherchaos

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 08:10:27 pm »
Sssh, don't let my roommate know that you like DS9 and Cardasians. You'll remind him of the fact that I referenced the Cardassians as Romulans recently :)

And he got mad when he pulled the "if you could be any race from star-trek, what would you be" and I responded "changeling" - guess he didn't think outside the box :)

jrizz

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 08:18:40 pm »
holy poop a real hedgehog!! my son would love that :)

Witch Hunter

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 09:19:47 pm »
I once had edgehog.... on a stick >: )

MJZ

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 03:35:28 pm »
I'm not sure I understand... hedgehog on a stick?

BTW I just found this, man I love it, I love it, I love it

Robot Chicken's Giraffe in Quicksand

jrizz

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 05:45:37 pm »
ok that is funny

Witch Hunter

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 06:28:24 pm »
You know... Roasted Edgehog on a Stick.

MJZ

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 07:31:23 pm »
No, no I don't know.. :( *googles it* Gah! I'm only getting cooking recipes! SERIOUSLY

Fatherchaos

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007, 07:41:26 pm »
err - I think this flintlocke comic will sum it up - just replace beaver with hedgehog

GameSpy:

MJZ

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 10:41:49 pm »
Aaaah sense it does make.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007, 12:30:12 pm »
Hedgehogs, Dogs, Bunnies...  

Looks like we all got some manner of furry critter at home

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 01:35:25 pm »
Is it just me, or am I ALWAYS the last one to post one these things...  It seems like I say something and everyone goes "Uh oh, Shiff Posted here...  There goes the thread *closes window*"

Oh, and my Favorite works of Poe, The Raven and the Mask of the Red Death....  hehehe
 Quote the Raven, "Nevermore!"

anything