The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Yo.  (Read 2572 times)

Fatherchaos

Re: Yo.
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2007, 04:26:02 pm »
Eight Bit, out of curiosity - is the nwn application running but the screen appears "black" ?

If that is the case, it is in fact caused by the newer 100.xx series of drivers from Nvidia. If you get lucky - it is possible to click on the "load game" button and the screen will come to life. So for me everytime I launch NWN it's a crapshoot to see the screen as I have to maneuver around and find the right thing to click. If by chance I click the wrong menu, and hear the "click" sound, but noting appears, I hit ESC a few times to back out of what ever menu I loaded and try again.

I really should have taken teh blindfighting feat.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2007, 12:09:00 am »
The process runs, but it doesn't drain my CPU at all. It will flicker for a second every few seconds, but it doesn't do anything else.

The process runs, it takes a little bit of juice every so often, but otherwise it is as if I was not running NWN at all.

Harsh.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2007, 07:15:07 pm »
So, yeah, lets get this show on the road. I don't know if it was the serious threat of harm, the destruction of my W key's bouncyness from annoyed smashing, or the recent nvidia driver I downloaded. I also disabled the other video card.

Somewhere between doing all of that it started working again.

Tanman

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2007, 07:31:05 pm »
Yaaaay.........8bit is back.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2007, 07:31:44 pm »
Quote from: Fatherchaos
Eight Bit, out of curiosity - is the nwn application running but the screen appears "black" ?

If that is the case, it is in fact caused by the newer 100.xx series of drivers from Nvidia. If you get lucky - it is possible to click on the "load game" button and the screen will come to life. So for me everytime I launch NWN it's a crapshoot to see the screen as I have to maneuver around and find the right thing to click. If by chance I click the wrong menu, and hear the "click" sound, but noting appears, I hit ESC a few times to back out of what ever menu I loaded and try again.

I really should have taken teh blindfighting feat.

I found this. It should help you out.

[Quote = Some guy from Bioware]

A viable work around for those users that either want to wait for a non-beta driver or do not want to roll their existing drivers back is to create a shortcut to nwmain.exe, right click on it, choose "Properties", the "Shortcut" tab, and then in the "Target" field add the following text after "\\NWN" (i.e. C:\\NeverwinterNights\\NWN\\)

nwmain.exe +TestNewModule "modulename"

Please note that there is a space before the + sign in the above line. This will launch the game and immediately try to load a module with the name "modulename" (which shouldn’t exist). You could then use the "cancel" button to back out to the main menu and start your game as normal.

[/quote]

Eight-Bit

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2007, 07:35:43 pm »
Quote from: Some Guy From Bioware

A viable work around for those users that either want to wait for a non-beta driver or do not want to roll their existing drivers back is to create a shortcut to nwmain.exe, right click on it, choose "Properties", the "Shortcut" tab, and then in the "Target" field add the following text after "\\NWN" (i.e. C:\\NeverwinterNights\\NWN\\)

nwmain.exe +TestNewModule "modulename"

Please note that there is a space before the + sign in the above line. This will launch the game and immediately try to load a module with the name "modulename" (which shouldn’t exist). You could then use the "cancel" button to back out to the main menu and start your game as normal.

Try doing what he said. It worked for me.

Fatherchaos

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2007, 03:10:34 pm »
Sweet Dirty Monkies! Thanks mate :)

Falonthas

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2007, 09:19:41 pm »
oh bloody hells 8 bit and dur both at the same time, hold on to your hats

Fatherchaos

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2007, 03:12:34 am »
Nah, we don't steal hats  . . . well unless the head was still inside it, and answered to the name mimir, and granted free sandwiches on command . . .

Eight-Bit

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2007, 02:02:07 pm »
Quote from: Fatherchaos
Nah, we don't steal hats  . . . well unless the head was still inside it, and answered to the name mimir, and granted free sandwiches on command . . .

I'll try and be on some nights, and some weekends, but it will only be an hour to an hour and a half investment. Until school is out and I can ride on the Layonara train for a little while longer.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2008, 09:14:19 am »
Quote from: Eight-Bit
I'll try and be on some nights, and some weekends, but it will only be an hour to an hour and a half investment. Until school is out and I can ride on the Layonara train for a little while longer.

Even with school out it's impossible to get the time to log in. When school starts  again, and it does this Tuesday, I'll never see Layonara.

Fatherchaos

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2008, 12:48:50 pm »
I hear ya mate. I think I log in every so often just to stir up the cobwebs.

Hard to play with Promotion (aka extra hours) + school + girlfriend + *cough* eve online *cough* I haven't even had a chance to play supreme commander lately. I guess it was a good thing that I picked up a nintendo ds lite - it's really become my only gametime.

I'm confident that some day soon Key and Dur can go on a rampage and annoy all the "primers" XD

Eight-Bit

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2008, 10:56:03 pm »
You can't say I haven't tried. I've gone to log on, but two people were in, so I decided to go for a run instead.

Anyone else in New England notice that it won't stop raining?

Fatherchaos

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2008, 02:13:57 pm »
No worries mate, there will always be hats filled with heads laying around for collection :) I'll certainly c'ya round, if and when.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2008, 11:53:03 pm »
Free time tomorrow. Until early evening. I want to do stuff, see the new areas, roleplay, and maybe get some duels in. If you want to meet up with a level 15 Rogue who will gladly stab you in the back before doing what you want, then please by all means let me know.

Otherwise, pike off. Sodderin' idjits.

Fatherchaos

« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2008, 01:22:04 am »
Bleeding apple chasssser.

XD

Eight-Bit

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2008, 03:20:54 pm »
So a minor update! I had to delete NWN for space for utilities for classes. It was  a wicked bummer but let's face it, I don't play anymore. I'm sticking around for the MMO, but to be honest I'm not feeling like I'll be into it like I was NWN's layonara. It's a different time in my life, and time is really the issues.

I'm moving to Ohio in January. We haven't picked a location yet but we're looking to be within 30 minutes of Mason.

Fatherchaos

« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2008, 03:01:52 pm »
I hear you mate. I know a lot of my game time has gone to the wayside. I'm pretty much limited to quick fixes lately, which I don't think I can do appropriately in Layo :)

I'm still around for the community and to see what this whole mmo thingy is about.

And to think, I just graduated from High School 10 years ago and I have all these nifty memories and wacky responsibilities :)

Eight-Bit

« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2008, 06:07:01 pm »
21 days until I move to Ohio.

Hooray!

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2008, 07:29:01 am »
Ohio? What part?

anything