The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: 3rd-person RL Perspective  (Read 415 times)

darkstorme

3rd-person RL Perspective
« on: July 13, 2007, 12:25:43 pm »
Weep For The Future: Avatar Machine Further Distances You From Reality - Gizmodo

What the title says.  For those people who are a little used to NWN  in drivecam mode. :)

lonnarin

Re: 3rd-person RL Perspective
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 01:01:17 pm »
Let this be a real-life lesson to those players who shriek at others for "Bad RP" when every single freaking person they see jogging by doesn't stop and talk to their characters every time they run up to them and *demand* their attention.  I don't see any of those passerbys in this video stopping and talking when the avatar-guy runs up to them.  In fact, it appears as though the average stranger walks a little bit faster and in the opposite direction when random weirdos approach them.  In game, I've even took the time to say "I'm sorry, but I need to be somewhere and I'm late for an appointment" and had other players blast me with OOC tells "OMG, this is still an RP server, you *have* to talk to me *now*!  You're so horrible at RP!"  because I wouldn't drop everything just for them and cater to their megalomania.

Now one could say "oh well, this example is totally different.  We're in a modern society and that guy is dressed like a freak".  I would reply that at least this guy isn't running around with a sword in his hand and covered in monster blood, so comparitavely, he's really not all that weird compared to the average adventurer.

Back on topic though, this is a great video and the looks on all those joggers' faces are just priceless.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 02:13:44 pm »
Wow. Creepy and cool at the same time.

Marswipp

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 03:41:39 pm »
A harness, a camera, a visor, batteries, and a potential for slightly altered depth-perception.
Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

steverimmer

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 02:32:33 am »
Were do I get one? :)

Marswipp

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 03:07:32 pm »
I believe you would have to build it yourself.
Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

anything