The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Cookie for the person...  (Read 431 times)

Eight-Bit

Cookie for the person...
« on: October 19, 2008, 07:47:54 pm »
...who can find what is tremendously messed up in this transcript direct from the whitehouse.gov.

President Bush Meets with Prime Minister Blair

First answer wins!

The following users thanked this post: Stephen_Zuckerman

merlin34baseball

Re: Cookie for the person...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 11:15:54 pm »
um... that they're both lying?

Alatriel

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 11:20:26 pm »
umm... that it's 5 years old?

ycleption

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 11:32:20 pm »
umm... that it's a political type thing being linked from the forums of a game site?

(I know it's probably not my place to say this, but given a few past discussions/threads, things of even a vaguely political nature have a tendency to engender bad feelings. Especially with elections coming up here in the states, emotions are riding high... even if the intention in posting this was nothing to do with the political content of the link, it's a recipe for ill-will. This is a close community, and while some of us may talk politics on the private channels of the game, my feeling is that it doesn't help the community spirit to have such discussions on the public forums.)

Script Wrecked

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 11:36:54 pm »
The graphic at the top is titled "President's Trip To The United Kingdom", and yet Tony Blair is visiting George W Bush at the White House.

Regards,

Script Wrecked.

Alatriel

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 11:40:06 pm »
Hahaha!  I never even saw that!

Dorganath

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 12:43:43 am »
Yeah, it's also a banner link to a page that actually talks about his visit to the UK.  Seeing as not all pages in that section have a banner, I'd conclude that it's not meant as a page header but rather as a "click here to find out about this" kind of thing.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 08:57:14 am »
Everyone is close, but so far off. I suppose the political element of this could either upset some people, or start a discussion most people don't want to have.

Quick hint: it's the 4th question asked by reporters.

twidget658

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 09:38:57 am »
Seeing how this is suppose to somehow, directing or indirectly, discredit my Commander-in-Chief, the President of the country that I spend months underwater and away from my family for, I'd rather not have this discussed here. There are many other places for this type of thing. This will likely only get ugly from here. *rest of post deleted*

Dorganath

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 10:56:46 am »
Quote from: twidget658
Seeing how this is suppose to somehow, directing or indirectly, discredit my Commander-in-Chief, the President of the country that I spend months underwater and away from my family for, I'd rather not have this discussed here. There are many other places for this type of thing. This will likely only get ugly from here. *rest of post deleted*

Agreed with this sentiment.  It's not what we want here.

A web site gaffe is one thing.  Taking it political and really beating the dead horse is another.

This thread is now closed.

anything