The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Thoughts on Painting  (Read 330 times)

Kirbiana

Thoughts on Painting
« on: September 22, 2007, 05:03:15 pm »
Thought 1: You are probably middle-aged if you have a garage door that needs to be painted.

Thought 2: You are almost certainly middle-aged if this is the second time you have had to paint this particular garage door.

Thought 3: You are definitely middle-aged if you say to yourself, "Wow, a free weekend! I can finally get the garage door painted!"

Thought 4: Painting your house is like going to the gym. You put in hours and hours of hard work to make it look exactly like it did ten years ago, then wonder why no one notices.

Thought 5: Anyone who has ever used the phrase "as boring as watching paint dry" has never painted their garage door right before a thunderstorm.

O.o

I am going to go watch my garage door dry now.

jecklar

Re: Thoughts on Painting
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 01:04:06 am »
Thought 6:  You are middle-aged and married if you have someone else in the household to whom you can say, "Will you please tape the windows on the garage door so I can get it painted this weekend?"  You're married to a GREAT spouse (*ahem*) if they say, "Sure, honey!"  Then actually tape the windows for you.  :)

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 01:19:42 am »
Thought 7:  Two of the people that posted to this thread need to/are having/or about to- paint their garage door.

Thought 8: Two of these people are middle aged, and I'm not one of them ;)

Lareth

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 07:30:07 am »
Thought 9: Ahh nuts... I have to paint my garage door now.  Thanks bunches for reminding me.... :(

DU0

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 08:46:16 am »
    (not so)Thought 10 - Wha--no! It's just the color that I've chosen... Yeah, rusty-red is it. Cool eh? Really looks like rusty. It even feels like rusty. It even smells like rusty. But don't worry, it's just the color eh *ahem* confusing you ;)

Pseudonym

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 08:23:17 pm »
    *adds the garage door needing painting to the signs of ageing*

My telltale signs that I was getting older used to be purchasing couch cushions and framed pictures. Now i'll add excitement over having a weekend free to paint the garage door to that list.

Also, you know you're middle aged when you (a) remember cameras having film and (b) you remember being outraged when Mars bars went from $0.30 to $0.40 - what was the world coming to??? $0.40 for a Mars bar!!!!

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 09:46:11 pm »
    Are you old if you remember Gas costing $0.85?

Marswipp

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 10:02:20 pm »
    Quote from: ShiffDrgnhrt
    Are you old if you remember Gas costing $0.85?
    That was like ten to fifteen years ago here in the U.S.
    Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 10:03:44 pm »
    Yeah it was...  I remember that ;)

lonnarin

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 05:14:34 am »
    Scary, isn't it?  in the span of 15 years a common resource heavily influencing the cost of living has tripled, while per capita income and the minimum wage increased so little, it's not even a blip on the radar.  Middle-aged people remember the 70s when gas prices when MTV hadn't slaughtered the music industry.  They grew up listening to BOC and cruising around all night looking for chicks for less than 4-5 bucks worth of gas.

Now you know why old people are so grouchy sometimes.

Image:Oil price chronology.gif - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

anything