The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Flawed Character Concepts  (Read 1386 times)

Alatriel

Flawed Character Concepts
« on: December 14, 2012, 11:53:00 pm »
Aerimor and I were goofing around and thought of how some classes really just should never be paired together.

The Barbarian/Wizard

"Hey, do you have any spells prepared?"
"No... I um... got mad and ripped my book apart.  For some reason I just can't write out spells in stick figures and pictograms."

The Paladin/Rogue

*Sneak... Sneak... Sneak.... right up behind the enemy.  Pause.  Clears throat and taps on the enemy's shoulder.*  "Pardon me, but if you would please prepare for battle, I am ready to engage when you are.  No, no, it's alright.  Please, take your time."

The Blind Archer

This sort of speaks for itself.

Guardian 452

Re: Flawed Character Concepts
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 12:02:05 am »
Bard - with CHA of 6.  Skald maybe... cause ears would be bleedin!

Picture handing a sword to the people that get booted instantly on American Idol... LOL :P

drakogear

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 09:31:16 am »
Hmmm... what about... a Bard/Rogue?

*Sneaks up behind an orc* Hmmm... this would be great for ballad... And he sneaks up behind the unsuspecting orc as he unsheathes his dagger an...

*bard ends up bumping into the orc who then turns and sees him* Then orc smashes stupid bards face in!

Hey! Thats a good one!... wait... what?

Moral of the story... don't write epic ballads when sneaking up on someone.

Or maybe a better example.

*Sings melody softly as he sneaks up on his enemy, sings loudly upon the epic crescendo as he raises his dagger high... then gets smack in the face*

Aphel

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 12:01:41 pm »
Quote from: Alatriel
The Paladin/Rogue
*Sneak... Sneak... Sneak.... right up behind the enemy.  Pause.  Clears throat and taps on the enemy's shoulder.*  "Pardon me, but if you would please prepare for battle, I am ready to engage when you are.  No, no, it's alright.  Please, take your time."
"Nobody expects the inquisition!"

With a cane and a tophat, I wouldn't call that a flawed character concept, more like very terrifying. No matter how many traps and locks are in the way, he'll still get through, with style.
(Also, can't sneak attack damage be applied to stun damage attacks as well?)

IceDragonDuvessa

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 02:08:32 pm »
Hmm I always thought bard/rogue was a pretty darn successful pairing, specially if lingering song is in place. ALL THE LIES WILL BE HAD.