(subtitle: How good are your dice?)
OneST8 passed this my way and I thought I'd share:The Epic 20,000 Roll Dice Randomness Test - Forbes
If anyone's curious, I have a compilation of over 3.5 years worth of crafting die rolls and over 4.5 years worth of Save vs. Soul Mother rolls. See the attached Excel file for the results
I have done this for curiosity purposes, not to brow-beat anyone or start up a debate, and decided to share it with all of you for the same reasons.
The file contains two worksheets, one for crafting results and one for Soul Mother saves. Each contains the following:
- The frequency of each die roll result
- A handy chart for visualization purposes
- Computed total number of rolls
- Computed standard deviation
- Computed average deviation
- Maximum and minimum roll frequency values
- Range of frequencies as a percentage of total rolls
- Sum of values of all dice rolled (from database query)
- Computed average roll
- Computed ideal average roll
You may have to scroll down to see the calculated results.