The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Gals roleplaying guy characters  (Read 393 times)

Pseudonym

Gals roleplaying guy characters
« on: September 05, 2007, 10:51:46 pm »
Remember that thread about how you can pick a guy RPing a female character? Why has there never been one done for the reverse? If you don't want to get caught out as a girl playing a guy (for whatever reason), follow these simple rules.

Rules for girls playing male PCs:

#1: Under no circumstances should you RP two men sharing an umbrella (unless at an arena gladiatorial match and your pies or hotdogs are getting wet and then strictly for the eating period only).

#2: Never ever RP your male character crying unless under the following circumstances:
a. When a heroic dog dies to save its master.
b. There is no b.

#3: Unless he murdered someone in your character's family, you must bail a friend out of Fort Vehl jail within 12 hours.

#4: Moaning about the type of ale another character has just given you for free is forbidden. However, complain at will if the temperature is unsuitable.

#5: No male PC should ever be required to buy a birthday or wedding present for another male character. In fact, even remembering your character's male friends birthday or wedding should probably be avoided.

#6: On a hack and slash trip across Dregar, the strongest bladder determines pit stops, not the weakest.

#7: Only in situations of complete moral and/or physical peril are you allowed to RP kicking another male downstairs.

#8: Even if you roll a natural 20 on the spot check, if another male PC's fly is down, that's his problem, you didn't see anything.

#9: A male in the company of an attractive, suggestively dressed female PC must remain sober enough to fight.

#10: If you compliment another male PC on his six-pack, you'd better be talking about his choice of ale.

#11: Never join a female PC in discussing another male PC (only exception is if she's withholding amore pending your response).

#12: Never talk to another male character in a inn's bathroom, an almost imperceptible nod is all the conversation you need.

#13: It is acceptable for you to ride a female character's horse. It is not acceptable however for her to ride yours.

// End of Pseudonym's RP lesson for today.

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: Gals roleplaying guy characters
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 10:54:39 pm »
*snickers evilly*

Pseudonym

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 09:47:35 pm »
#14. If 4 women PCs, lets say Brisbane, Row, Ireth and Alleina, go out for an adventure, they will call each other Brisbane, Row, Ireth and Alleina. If Daeron, Connor, Jacchri and Brac go out for an adventure, they will affectionately refer to each other as Fat Boy, Man-child, Peanut-Head and Scrappy.

#15. A male character will pay 2,000 true for a 1,000 true value item he needs. Remember this RP trait, for your natural inclination will be to pay 1,000 true for a 2,000 true item you don't need, but it's on sale.

#16. Never claim your male PC likes cats. We just don't. It's a dead giveaway right there. Men may say they love cats, but when women aren't looking, men kick cats.

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 10:05:42 pm »
Thanks Pseudo.  #14 really made me laugh...

Polak76

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 07:41:59 pm »
When a male is in a tavern or Inn and orders a drink, he should order more than one for himself.  This shows he is planning for the future.

When looking for a party to travel into the depths of the rift, pick men whom are married.  They are more willing to die.

When in an argument remember that women like to have the last word.  Anything a male says after that is the start of a new argument.

Angelic

• Followers of Grannoch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 07:45:41 pm »
These are all good tips. Should we also automatically make intelligence our dumpstat? :P

Polak76

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 08:03:42 pm »
Quote from: Angelic
These are all good tips. Should we also automatically make intelligence our dumpstat? :P

I agree!  Also pints of ale should act as healing, true sight, intelligence and endurance potions all in one.

YoDDa

• Followers of Beryl
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 08:38:05 pm »
*Bump* just stumbled over this good old thread again. had to bring it up to surface :)

Hellblazer

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 02:02:35 am »
Man I had forgotten about this one. :P

Pseudonym

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 04:09:39 am »
I was reminded of this thread again when Polak76 logged off last night leaving my character 6,000xp short of leveling. He has broken the rules, be he man or woman.

Pseudonym

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 02:58:16 am »
More rules for convincing RP of a male PC ...

"I'M GOING FISHING" means "I'm going to drink myself dangerously stupid, and stand by a stream with a stick in my hand, while the fish swim by in complete safety."

"IT'S A GUY THING" means "There is no rational thought pattern connected with it and you have no chance at all of making it logical."

"CAN I HELP WITH DINNER?" means "Why isn't dinner already on the table?"

"UH HUH SURE, HONEY," or "YES, DEAR..." means absolutely nothing. It's a conditioned response.

"IT WOULD TAKE TOO LONG TO EXPLAIN" means "I have no idea how it works."

"THAT'S INTERESTING, DEAR." means "Are you still talking?"

"I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT YOU, AND GOT YOU THESE ROSES" means "The girl selling them on the corner was a real babe."

"OH, DON'T FUSS! I JUST CUT MYSELF IT'S NO BIG DEAL" means "I have actually severed a limb, but will bleed to death before I admit that I am hurt."

"HEY, I'VE GOT MY REASONS FOR WHAT I'M DOING" means "And I sure hope I think of some pretty good reasons soon."

"I CAN'T FIND IT" means "It didn't fall into my outstretched hands, so I'm completely clueless."

"WHAT DID I DO THIS TIME?" means "What did you catch me at?"

"I HEARD YOU" means "I haven't the foggiest clue what you just said, and am hoping desperately that I can fake it well enough so that you don't spend the next 3 days yelling at me."

"YOU KNOW I COULD NEVER LOVE ANYONE ELSE" means "I am used to the way you yell at me, and realise it could be worse."

"YOU LOOK TERRIFIC" means ""Please don't try on one more outfit, I'm starving."

"I'M NOT LOST. I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE WE ARE" means "No one will ever see us alive again."

Carry on.

anything