The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Guitar of Awesome!  (Read 880 times)

ShiffDrgnhrt

Guitar of Awesome!
« on: March 16, 2011, 12:27:39 am »
Acoustic Guitar Solo of Awesome

The artist uses a fade/echo hook up to achieve the effect, but it sounds very cool.  I like it!

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin, Mooneyes, Script Wrecked, stolen, Warchild214

Warchild214

Re: Guitar of Awesome!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 06:47:43 am »
Nice vid find Shiff...  love the sound he is producing...   :)

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 09:32:10 am »
And on guitar... Jin Lun Lee!  Eat your heart out Farros!

lonnarin

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 10:47:47 pm »
This guy is amazing.  It's like he took video game and electronic music theory right back to the acoustic level, and went nuts with the fingerwork training to make it humanly possible.  Seeing some of his other videos he has good classical training.  I like his flamenco video too.

YouTube - Ewan Dobson - Blood and Ice - Solo Guitar

His timing is spot on.  It's like he's putting the whole ensemble through one instrument.  Probably a good multitasker!

But hey, this is still just perform check 50-60ish.  Acacea can do stuff with her toe gypsy bangles that will make your brain go into a seizure. ;)

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 12:54:09 am »
Anyone else feel like Scorpion and Sub Zero should be kicking and screaming in the fore ground of the video I posted?  I just imagined epic Mortal Kombat going on during this piece.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 01:05:30 pm »

Pseudonym

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 10:59:42 pm »
I see your Acoustic Guitar of Awesome and raise you the Ukelele of Double Awesome.

lonnarin

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 01:49:14 am »
YouTube - Yngwie Malmsteen Guitar Solo and "Bouree"
YouTube - Far Beyond The Sun - Yngwie Malmsteen

Was briefly a roadie for this guy in the War to End all Wars tour.  Ego the size of a tarrasque, but egads can he shred.  Got to watch his lineup of Jorn Lande, John Macaluso, Randy Coven explode on him and walk out on him too.  Fun times!  The opening act was hair band Lizzy Borden that tour, and they were pretty awesome to hang with, as was Yngwie's supporting band.  Yngwie... not so much.  Let's just say he took massive skill focus in perform but made his bard with a negative charisma modifier and leave it at that. :P

He was the basis for Metalocalypse's Swisgar Squigelf.

Now THESE GUYS, were fun to party with.  Nothing says lifetime experience like drinking with an 80s glam band.

YouTube - Lizzy Borden - Me Against The World

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 11:02:50 am »
Hey got a new one!  Same guy, but it's an 8-bit version.  This might be a love-hate vid, since 8-bit can get annoying.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 11:03:22 am »