The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: How do you eat your cereal?  (Read 448 times)

OneST8

How do you eat your cereal?
« on: August 27, 2006, 08:39:37 am »
This is a bizarre question I guess but I figured it'd be a fun thing to ask you all....

Here's how I like my cereal...

In a big bowl, normally a salad bowl or a mixing bowl of sorts, not too much milk but enough to make it soggy and I normally mix a bunch together like Corn Flakes, Rice Crispies, Crispex and/or Golden Grahams in one bowl.

All of this so I can eat more in less time and not have to refill a normal sized bowl a bunch of times.

:)

Yeah it's been a long night, how could you tell? *giggles*

Frendh

Re: How do you eat your cereal?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 08:45:00 am »
So I like to have my cereals dry and the milk in a big glass.
I'm not weird, everyone else is.

Lindel

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 08:47:38 am »
how about cereal with...let's say...soda?

If you want cereal bad enough and ran out of milk ... then...well it tastes funny...

Leanthar

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 08:47:40 am »
I LOVE Fruit Loops. hehe.. sad isn't it? :)  But love them. Big bowl, average amount of milk. Can't spend my time refilling bowl after bowl though.

Weeblie

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 08:51:49 am »
Giant bowl!

Gulnyr

RE: How do you eat your cereal?
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 09:30:13 am »
I hate putting things in my mouth that feel pre-chewed, which is how soggy cereal feels.  A bigger bowl gives the milk more time to soggify the cereal before I can eat it, so that is right out.  I also pour the milk down one side of the bowl so lots of cereal on top stays dry, then eat from one side of the bowl to the other.  That way there are always dry cereal bits to offset any overly soggy cereal bits.

crazedgoblin

RE: How do you eat your cereal?
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 09:40:50 am »
most random thing ive seen for ages but id have to say regular bowl, multiple sittings :)

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 07:29:17 pm »
Regular bowl, one or more varieties of cereals and i might refill the bowl with plenty of milk.

Of course, it's been a long time since i last had cereal for breakfast but i still love it! ;)

Grid Blader

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 09:06:42 pm »
I would love to have it, but I swell up because of the milk.  (Guess I could use goat's milk)  :(

IceDragonDuvessa

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 09:10:48 pm »
Cereal is yucky, milk too...

Emerald Skye

• Followers of Aeridin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2006, 09:43:55 pm »
I love Corn Pops, Sugar Smacks and Golden Grahams.  Lots of Milk but not soggy. (skim)  Oh, and very cold! Yeah!  *smiles*

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2006, 11:52:01 pm »
... with milk... or applejuice!!!

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 01:10:14 am »
i hate soggy as well, the way i found to beat it though is.... Fill your bowl with milk, then, take the box of cereal and your bowl and sit down right.. put cereal in bowl, but not to much, just put enough to cover the surface.. eat that.. then repeat. This way you dont get soggy!

Oh yea.. and Ice cold milk.. Mmm.

Or if your like me, and sence ive moved out of my parents house ive been to cheep to buy milk, i just eat it out of the box, dry and crunchy. im actually eating a box of honey bunches of oats at this very moment.. been working at the family sized box all day, and its almost gone!

And Milt... apple juice... eww

SuperMunch

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 04:18:52 am »
Big bowl, whole milk and Nestle corn flakes, don't know the variety around the world but the ones around here are thick, crunchy and the milk doesn't soggy up the flakes.

If I want a ride on the wild side and there are no snacks in the kitchen, I fire up my big stainless steel pan.  Put in a nice amount of olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika, sage, rosemary and other spices (sometimes I do the curry variety) to warm up, not until it starts boiling or smoking.  Throw some unfrosted corn flakes in, cut the heat, toss it around some to toast in the remaining heat and throw it on a rack to cool down.  When cool, it's better than most salty snacky cakes.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2006, 04:45:09 am »
Dude. Andre, you continue to make my life better.  Anyhow...  Normal bowl of cereal, several bowls. Ice cold milk (nothing higher than 2% at most) and something sweet. Honey Bunches of Oats, Cap'n Crunch, Peanut Butter Crunch, Reese's Puffs, Count Chocula, Special K, Grape Nuts (I almost called them Raisin Nuts for a second)...  The one thing I can't stand, though, is soggy corn flakes. Ugh.  Fill the bowl most of the way with Peanut Butter Crunch (or other, if you're being obstinate ;) ). Pour in milk slowly, trying to get a little bit of milk over everything, and stop when it reaches three quarters of the cereal. Mmm, clear plastic bowls.

Ne'er

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006, 04:57:02 am »
Have to have it in a regular sized bowl out of habit. I tend to eat it really fast, and I usually go through two or three bowls in a sitting.

And I second that Froot Loops are awesome.

But seriously? I didn't even know people ate cereal with things other than milk... that makes me cringe.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006, 05:02:42 am »
Hey, at least he's not suggesting you try eating corn flakes with beer. Now THERE'S a nasty meal.

Apple juice, on the other hand, goes great with the unsweetened cereals, and even the lightly sweetened ones like Frosted Mini-Wheats.

Niles09

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2006, 06:03:09 am »
There should be a "philosophical discussion forum" for these kind of questions, that truly gives reason for reflection and thoughts about the bigger fabrics of the universe! :)

J-ser

• Followers of Shadon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2006, 02:09:01 pm »
You cereal mixing freaks! How dare you! GAHHH
I normaly have one meduim(ish) bowl, but take forever to eat it so it is always soggy.

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2006, 06:08:30 pm »
Gotta be the crunchy granola type cereals that take much longer to get soggy in milk then normal cereal.
  That way a big bowl is no problem at all :) And.. Always with skim milk and usually with yummy berries or bananas mixed in.