The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: most hated video or computer game moment  (Read 448 times)

Ne'er

Re: most hated video or computer game moment
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2006, 04:24:36 am »
I've got two:

The first Spyro, trying to find the last bits of treasure at the Haunted Towers level. Took me ages to figure out how to do it, and even longer to actually do it.

Second is in Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain. In order to unlock bonus health you need to beat all the missions without dying, and I managed to do so except for the last level (my current death count in that level was 17 ;) ) Took me hours to get through to the end of the mission without being killed, only to have my agent be incinerated by a sneaky flamethrower. I nearlysmacked the console.

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2006, 04:56:52 am »
ANy GTA title.. I think they are over hyped and too many young kids...

This one part in half life 2 were you gotta cross a train bridge ander are force fields at both ends..I didn't look around to find a way to shut them off it took me 2 hours to figure out ho to get the buggy up and over both forcefields and then get my self over them.....

first time i played Wharhammer 40k and No one told me tyrants are a pain... Even when there is a tyrant queen out

Also Zerg rushes...

Asmodean

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2006, 07:08:30 pm »
I would have to say the great and long hours endured by those of us who are probably 30 or older.... drawing out maps on graph paper for Bard's Tale 2.   The areas were large enough to be difficult to memorize, so being the geek that I am... much as we all are here...  I bought graph paper and would click the forward key once... draw what I saw, and clicked it again.... HOURS I TELL YOU.... ugh...  

Too bad a new game came out that made me quit playing it.

J-ser

• Followers of Shadon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2006, 11:06:51 am »
In Knights of the Old Republic, I used an item to give me temporary HP just before a huge battle. At the end of the battle, I saved. Ten seconds later I died. I reload. I die. An hour later, I figure out that the temporary HP was running out, and I had no healing items what so ever. I had to relaod to my last save, and took another hour to catch up to the point I was at.