The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Inaugural Australian Layonaran BBQ  (Read 814 times)

Pseudonym

Inaugural Australian Layonaran BBQ
« on: December 05, 2008, 06:54:14 pm »
Inaugural Layonaran BBQ - South Eastern Australian Division

I can confirm the inaugural Layonaran Xmas BBQ was a success and saw the gathering of such luminaries as Pseudonym, Script Wrecked, Incahootz, Angelic, Hood!um, Dezza and Polak76.

The great divide between cyber and real life has been crossed with no casualties!

I can also confirm Script Wrecked really is a 2' 6" woman who rolls her 'R's, Polak turned up in black robes spouting Corathite rhetoric and Pseudonym was far more handsome than any of his posted photos might suggest.

Tanman

Re: Inaugural Australian Layonaran BBQ
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 06:59:42 pm »
Don't forget to mention his lilac colours Pseud! :D

stragen

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 07:25:07 pm »
Well done chaps/ladies.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 08:56:09 pm »
Nice. Very shway.

HooD!uM

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 01:24:42 am »
hah! it was a good night, thanks for that :)

lonnarin

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 03:54:22 am »
Glad to hear you guys had a great time.  Over here in Orlando, Florida, we all mostly knew each other out of game before joining layo.  So just about every other night, myself, Pooser and Mangle-Or are getting drunk together.  Czukay unfortunately moved to Denver 2 years ago, we dont know where Klugger went a while back after graduation, or Carentelli but soon we're hoping to get two more of our PnP buddies to join up soon!

Pretty much all of us have sat at the same PnP table gaming before, either with myself or Pooser GMing.  Right now Pooser does D&D, and I stick to Shadowrun.

Chazzler

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 07:29:34 am »
Bloimey, that is rather nice.
Crikey.

EdTheKet

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 08:07:09 am »
We want pictures!

Pseudonym

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 04:40:08 pm »
That thought occurred to me ... shortly followed by the thought that not all present might be as gregarious as myself.

I'd also like to apologise to Hood!um who, as the sole player of a dark elf character, was the only one present who was subject to unprompted spot checks even though everyone was wearing similar face-concealing hoods.

EdTheKet

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 10:21:57 pm »
Quote from: Pseudonym
That thought occurred to me ... shortly followed by the thought that not all present might be as gregarious as myself.

Then check! Pictures!

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 10:26:35 pm »
*Secretly wonders if Psuedo is aware that face concealing hoods are a health hazard, as they make it difficult to see where you are going*

Link092

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 11:06:21 pm »
I feel that Ed will keep repeating the phrases "check!" and "Pictures!" until you provide evidence. :)

// no insult to Ed. :D

Pseudonym

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 12:52:36 am »
I was tempted to take a photo of Mrs Pseudo's (or Hood!um's girlfriend's) face when the conversation inevitably turned towards the absence of non-metallic medium weight armour for druids or the redundancy of the rogue class given the prevalence of pixies as a spellcaster's familiar but as I did not, instead I have attached a photo of a random woman yawning (courtesy google image search - keywords "bored woman") which I hope will be an adequate substitution.

HooD!uM

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2008, 04:09:15 am »
after 6 heineken's i thought that topic was quite amusing :) that and bashing script's female dwarf :) ...and arks profession..and derricks...(etc etc)

think best topic i brough up was that depends on how long we drove there, pseudo should be waiting at the front door with his gm wand..2 hour drive ummm 24000 xp please...oh i brought my partner, ill take hers as well :)

EdTheKet

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2008, 07:01:22 am »
Quote from: Pseudonym
I was tempted to take a photo of Mrs Pseudo's (or Hood!um's girlfriend's) face when the conversation inevitably turned towards the absence of non-metallic medium weight armour for druids or the redundancy of the rogue class given the prevalence of pixies as a spellcaster's familiar but as I did not, instead I have attached a photo of a random woman yawning (courtesy google image search - keywords "bored woman") which I hope will be an adequate substitution.

You are avoiding the issue Pseud.

Pictures!

mixafix

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2008, 07:06:44 am »
the local police certainly took pictures - can't you use those?

Dezza

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2008, 08:00:39 am »
Pseudo's wife banned the use of photography not wanting proof to ever be produced that she had participated in such a night!

:)

Link092

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2008, 10:25:04 am »
Quote from: EdTheKet
You are avoiding the issue Pseud.

Pictures!

*points and nods sagely* Told you so. :)

lonnarin

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2008, 02:31:45 pm »
Speaking of Aussie barbecues, I read in an article that kangaroo is farmed for meat.  How's that taste?  Is it actually popular enough to find in a grocery store?  Here in Florida we have some restaurants that serve gator, and it mostly just tastes like the thin-sliced roast beef they use in Arby's.  Not really in any of our grocery stores... you need to find some themed bars and restaurants to get it.

Ah yes, and one of my Aussie college friends says that Fosters is rarely popular beer there, considered more like Americanized "gimmick beer".  True or not?  Which beer was the beverage of choice for the barbecue?

Link092

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2008, 02:46:25 pm »
Who cares? :p

Pictures!

(my tribute to Ed... :) )

anything