The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: LotR meets WoW  (Read 637 times)

lunchboxkilla

RE: LotR meets WoW
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2005, 04:44:00 am »
I have a few LOTR gifs I would share them but there is a few swears being tossed about... one is wicked funnyt about slapping frodo on a catapult

Tedulas

• View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: October 21, 2005, 01:43:00 pm »
    I found that halarious, I didn't understand all of it, thank good for how we type...

I found Guild Wars was wayyyy too hyped up, saying that you have to think to win...Like get rangers up on moutains and stuff - well that never really happened got alot of "Heal plz" "FFS! REZ NOW!" and the cigerette word when I was a bit too slow at healing by accident.
    On layonara online, Tedulas has set up alot of ambushes because it's hard to just rush in sometimes, you have to think of other people like spell casters and stuff, if you rushed in - spell casters can be exposed and stuff.

The most funny I found were when that guy (Can't remember his name) was being attacked and saying "Help being ganked here" or something, then when he died he said "Rez plz" I found that sooooo funny...

Makashi

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2005, 03:13:00 am »
    what the hell does lmf mean? and lgf and all of those strange words? places is my guess?

tearsofthemuse

• View Profile
      « Reply #23 on: October 22, 2005, 07:42:00 am »
      Makashi - 10/22/2005  3:13 AM

what the hell does lmf mean? and lgf and all of those strange words? places is my guess?

if its a typo it could be lfm= looking for more  lfg= looking for group

lonnarin

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2005, 02:09:00 am »
      LoganGrimnar - 10/17/2005  1:06 PM

lol i tried playing guild wars but there was alot of that going on and i just couldent make myself stay. 50$ game and a bunch of jack as... er.. butts, on it.

Same here!  I LOVED the gfx and the gameplay, but the player populace was so illiterate and UBUR1337 I felt like pulling out a BFG and going deathmatch on them all.

One good thing about it though, when you leave town, the outside world you explore is a personal copy of the module spawned for your party.  That means once you leave the main cities, you don't have to even speak to, look at or acknowledge the existance of those 6-year-olds claiming to be hackers.

I started the guild "Roleplay Or Die", which predictably just has me and one other guy as members.  MMORPs unfortunately have that quality, the masses tend not to roleplay at all, and just powergame with ridiculous OOC chatter.  That's why I love this place with our lengthy but NECESSARY approval process.  It keeps out the trolls and sociopaths, letting a much more immersive and rewarding atmosphere unfold and astound the player.

If you still have your copy of Guild Wars, Logan, I'd be giddy as a pig in a bon-bon factory to team up sometime.  That world is pretty huge, and we did both blow $50 to essentially soloquest, after all.  WOuld be fun to have party members who don't "LOL" and "OMG! HAXOR NOOB!" the whole time.

But 1st, we need to run parts 2 and 3 on your CDQ, hopefully sometime soon after this hurricane destroys my home state of Florida.

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
        • View Profile
      « Reply #25 on: October 24, 2005, 02:46:00 am »
      that would be great... i mad a guild myself, eve got a cape *gasp* i was going to just have my family that plays it join in... but i couldent find them and i got board. what level what are you? im like level... 11 or 12 ranger/fighter. The AI is great, i love how things go on portols...  its alot of fun and the graphs look friggen great... wait about 10 years and it will be a great game becouse all the tards will be gone.

NitaThompson

• View Profile
        « Reply #26 on: October 24, 2005, 03:01:00 am »
        *laughs*  That was very funny indeed.
          One thing that confuses me though is that people compare WoW and Layonara.  These two games should not ever be compared.  The only thing they truly have in common is that they are both MMOG's.  If you want to RP on WoW they have specific servers which are dedicated to that.
          You are going to find abbreviations and idiots on every game that you play.  Do you really think that 21st Century slang words belong in Layonara?  I know I personally dont.  I play a lot of WoW and I have seen all of those used and in the sense of the game they all make sense.  When I want to RP and settle down for a bit I log into Layonara.  Both games are very unique and the same person can play both games and enjoy both.  One is not better than the other, its all about personal preference.

Tedulas

• View Profile
          « Reply #27 on: October 26, 2005, 04:41:00 am »
          LoganGrimnar - 10/24/2005  10:46 AM

that would be great... i mad a guild myself, eve got a cape *gasp* i was going to just have my family that plays it join in... but i couldent find them and i got board. what level what are you? im like level... 11 or 12 ranger/fighter. The AI is great, i love how things go on portols...  its alot of fun and the graphs look friggen great... wait about 10 years and it will be a great game becouse all the tards will be gone.

Yup - Got me a guild too. I had to go on Holiday for a week, and I had to elect someone else. I passed over the leadership to someone who was mature - then, this guy kept saying "Lemme be leader plz!! I've known you longer" which was true, but he was immature, in the end he got very angry and I thought "Oh what the heck, you can be leader"

Had my holiday with my parents - returned to find my guild was empty - asked him...
          "Oh, yeah everyone left, coz you left"
          "Why didn't you keep them to stay?"
          "Couldn't b bothered lolz! I fighted alot, im level 19 now!!"

I left Guild Wars then...loosing faith in guilds.

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
            • View Profile
          « Reply #28 on: October 26, 2005, 01:15:00 pm »
          main thing i dont like about guild wars... i got to level 12 or 11 in about 3 days... and level 20 is max. in about 2 or so more weeks i could have gotten to about level 20, i think. i just dident like that.

HooD!uM

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2005, 08:53:00 pm »
          WoW.....now there a game i put on my ifieverbuyagamelikethisagainimgoingtoslaymyself list. Graphic wise yes, its a nice game but pvping i found it to be bad. And theres no honor of duelling a lvl ten when the person who wants to duel is like lvl 18 or so..maybe its just me...but once you pvped in Ultima online pacific server...nothing really comes close..yes the graphics aint as stunning as wow, Horizons, or nwn..but gee i had so many laughs on that game that its left a mark on my life :)

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2005, 10:26:00 pm »
          my wallet is bruised