The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Memorable Moments in V2  (Read 576 times)

ZeroVega

Memorable Moments in V2
« on: March 15, 2005, 01:03:00 pm »
Title says it all, I'll start!
[list=1]
  • The first time someone actually called me Albert
  • Casting Hold Monster on a Master Drow Assassin, getting past his SR and his Will save
  • Nethro's punnishment (You still owe me fifteen thousand gold you one armed loon!)
  • Seeing Milara and his pet Dracolitch fairly close up
  • Heading into the Underdark and getting to hold a staff with unlimited Time Stop ability :)
  • The first time someone called me Alberto (Notice the O!)
  • Running around Hlint invisible and naked after I accidentally trashed my robes :o
  • Remarking on how at least Key didn't get a death token when she died and watching myself die 15 seconds later..... with death token
  • Finding out some certain little fellers have +5 Weapons
  • Meeting a Dragon (Still a little crisp in my rump from that.)

Talan Va'lash

RE: Memorable Moments in V2
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 02:24:00 pm »

1.  The time Selian cast horrid wilting on me, and I died.
2.  The time Black Wizards cast horrid wilting on me, and I died.
3.  The time the Well Blessed of Blood's Legion cast horrid wilting on me, and I died.
4.  The time a witch in the Iron Hills cast horrid wilting one me, and I SURVIVED! HA! EAT THAT!

Ar7

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 12:43:00 pm »
*Rufus is casting Horrid Wilting*
*Rufus cast Horrid Wilting*

Pankoki

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 12:51:00 pm »
HALFLING DESTROYING THE FIRST BLOODPOOL !!!!!

Milo

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 03:38:00 pm »
Everyone runs off leaving the poor healer as bait for the Duergar Rogue
  *poke poke*
  *Receive Item: Death Marker*

Qui_Z

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 03:49:00 pm »

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2005, 03:36:00 pm »
That time a Gnome (Nuzatch) broke into Quin's house and tried to steal his bed ...

And the time the Drow Assassin broke in and plunked 2 arrows right into Mirr before we could blink ...

Oh, and then the time the Albino Drow came in and dumped a skunk in the bathtub ...

*sighs* We need better locks ...

Nuzatch

• Followers of Aragen
    • Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2005, 03:58:00 pm »
Heh, the time I smacked Cairn for 83 HP on a mis-clicked knockdown attempt on a Hill Hound.  Funny thing was, the guy at the time only had 71 HP.  Yeap, I one-hit-killed him.  It was both terrifying and awesome at the same time.  It was the first time I had ever killed someone on accident, so I thought for sure I was going to jail or something, heh.

The time I broke into Quin's home as a gnome and demanded his bed.

The time Rurik and I had a dance-off and he "Got Served" according to Volrath.

The couple of times that I meant to hit the "Goto" button and instead hit the "Kill" button.  (Sorry Bris)

(Pics of the Caern and the Rurik incidents are pictorally documented in my album)

IceDragonDuvessa

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2005, 04:01:00 pm »
Yeah that was a real lame time to get killed out of the blue too Nuz. Very memorable but more in a gut wrenching heartbreaking sort of way.

ZeroVega

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2005, 04:06:00 pm »

• Hunting for onion pirates :)
    • Dying of nothing in particular (just said Somone kills Tathnolu) no DMs, NPCs evil or otherwise, or players ;)
    • Derrick: Har we kin take em. *ten bolts fly through the air, Derrick lies dead and gives one last caugh that sound somewhat like* Har!
    • Watching a drow mage cast meteor swarm twice droping me down to -1hp, killing Vigg and Nostros, then watching myself stablize and heal, then stand up only to be hit by a drow warrior (I'm invisible) for 21 damage (I have greater stoneskin on) so it absorbs 20 damage and incapacitates me and then the drow finally realized I'm invisible and stops attacking, drow mage casts See Invisibility and another Meteor Swarm but I'm out of range so I'm not killed, I run across one map and drop dead of nothing (see #2 on this list) :)
    • Hearing of Quin's death and now making Tath's signature move turning into a Demon (when it's a demon that killed Quin in the first place)
    • Having my onions crushed by an evil woman (Heh, not as weird as it sounds, thanks Milo)

cappyra

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2005, 06:02:00 am »
So many. . .

- Seeing a live impromtu Bard show on the stage in Hlint complete with added DM lights and seating.  Sadly...  this has not happened again.

- The first time I used Whirlwind.  Mwhahahahahahaha!

- Agreeing to Quin's plan to get Platinum in the Battle Fens Troll cave.  While invisible the plan was to take the Shaman first.  Derrick would hit first to get it's attention and Quin would do knockdown to finish it. Derrick attacks, Quin does a successful knockdown. . .  on Derrick.  Derrick gets torn to shreds by the other 10 or so trolls.  The real irony is that the platinum we were going after was for Quin's nifty new shield. . .   (note...  you can not make shields out of Platinum)

- The many adventures with Quin.  Law and Chaos.   I will miss him. . .

- Two deaths within 15 minutes. . .  back to back death tokens =(

- Seeing my first Dragon. . .  the Broken One.  Subsequently watching said dragon chase down Ozy and kill him. The subsequent parlay with said dragon by Bracer. . .  with the Dragon taping a claw on Ozy's chest. . .

- The many many adventures with the Wizard Aleister. Our ritual, Derrick tightens the harness on his armor, loosens the swords in his scabbord... Aleister mumbling over his book. . .

- Seeing Sin'dolin wearing the "customized" Hill Hound armor made by Aleister.  OMG I never laughed so hard in my life.

- Seeing Milara and his pet Dracolich up close oO

- The crunch of snow under my boots as I explored Barbarian Island alone. . .

- Making a Belt of the Battle Mage. . .

And the latest still "burning" in my mind.

- Looking up at Fisteron and hearing him say "Fool!" just before he tore me into several peices... gulp! and that was not the worst of it. . .  O_O

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2005, 06:09:00 am »
cappyra - 3/18/2005  9:02 AM

- Seeing a live impromtu Bard show on the stage in Hlint complete with added DM lights and seating.  Sadly...  this has not happened again.

Its coming!  ...Cant vouch for lighting and seating... but, its coming!

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2005, 06:23:00 am »
-seeing Fistiron Chase Caern down in Friesteep and almost making a brown smear in my pants
-Celgar making frineds with the strangest people... You know who you are.
-total domination of gray peaks by my self
-the first time I summoned a stone golem
-hitting level 17 olyy to find out Clerics get 9th level spells at 18
-living an L quest with out dying
-Seeing the inside of the great rift were epics only go
-seeing the bottem of the nameless dungon and seeing that guy there (forgot the name of the guy and the last level of the dungon)
-being chases by an uber orge... Hitt9ing an AT just before that tenticle kill spell hits and then beating down the orge as he cased me (GM controled the orge mage of the sky clan)
-doing first CDQ and gettign a rare item with out asking hehe
-While milling about, mostly getting Clay all the sudden L say What ae you doing!?. That always scares the poop out of me..
-One of the few people that had a chance to be the first to walk in underdark (If not the first then one of the few that was willing to do it)
-The day Ozy and Celgar fought over a lump of Chocolate while Hito watched who was very confused why we were doiing it in the first place
-running away fromt he long storm after she woke up from a nap
-Celgar throttling Gloin for making fun of the fact Celgar has a nasty fear of red dragons.
-Watching Ozy pull his weapon out and tearing Storan's Minions a new one by him self
-While at Denny's Wondering if i can get Cranberry juice so i can make the sword of the dragon slayer.
-walking into a jewlry store and asking if i can get ignots of platinum so i can make some shiny new armor... Had the cops show up to escoprt me out of the mall that day.
-The day I though I critted at 97 only to find out it was Doogan who critted on a giant. He though i did it and so did i till I saw what happned.

Qui_Z

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2005, 10:04:00 am »
lunchboxkilla - 3/18/2005 10:23 PM -hitting level 17 olyy to find out Clerics get 9th level spells at 18

They get them at 17.

orth

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2005, 10:49:00 am »
Qui_Z - 3/18/2005  1:04 PM    
lunchboxkilla - 3/18/2005 10:23 PM -hitting level 17 olyy to find out Clerics get 9th level spells at 18

They get them at 17.
 Sounds like not enough Wisdom.

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2005, 11:15:00 am »
-Meteor Swarms...
 -Winning a Cobalt Full Plate and an Adamantium Tower Shield with only one ticket bought... (man i nearly choked on the sandwich i was eating when i saw my number coming out...).
 -Syn's CDQ, kudos to IDii. ;)
 -The Drow plot series (though it's not finished yet, it will be always remembered).
 -Syn losing an eye (he'll remember this, yeah).
 -The destruction of the first Bloodwell.

Eloyn

• Followers of Az'atta
    • Followers of Mist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2005, 10:12:00 pm »
the time I had bought the number, which I did my little wierd dance thingy and the funny song that doesn't make sence, which I changed from something else that you can't even know it came from there, and won a house!
    Creating a half-orc cleric scientist (horribly failed)

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2005, 02:45:00 am »
-Surviving a hellball on L's quest
-Meeting Milara and his pet dragon
-Meeting Dreznab
-Meeting Xora and her pet Golem
-Seeing a Mithril golem get eaten by a large black snake
-Logging in, inside of a cage on G-452's gnome quest after I crashed in the craft house.
-Seeing the scorpions
-Venomous Catablangis and a paladin getting told to screw Toran with a fork

EdTheKet

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2005, 02:18:00 pm »
1) Brac'ar and the dealing with dragon called the Broken One.
  2) Harper of Ilsare (reventage ECDQ) finale with 30 seconds on the clock for total utter quest failure.
  3) Brac'ar, after 1.5 years of playing, taking off his helmet in public for the first time on a CDQ (thx Juste)
  4) Zaraun 'charming' her way into a shipcaptain's good graces for free passage across on a plot quest by Leanthar. Apart from a scream during the night, nothing was heard from the captain again :)

GhostWhoWalks

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2005, 09:55:00 pm »
Meeting Grelian Troff for the first time.
The opening of the Citadel of the Hammer, which took 1 million gold and about a year (real time) to see built.
Crafting the King of Pranzis's Mithril Greatsword.
Becoming Baron of Lar.
The first time Rognar, Ta'k and Ozy went into the Great Rift just to see what all the hubbub was about, and walking out a few hours later with diamonds and cobalt by the bag full.
Crashing the Cloud Giant fortress in Lar, where it's still stuck until we find a power source.

anything