The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Motorcyclists beware  (Read 519 times)

Andrios

Motorcyclists beware
« on: June 07, 2006, 12:01:06 pm »
If you think Squirrels are cute but defenseless check this article out:  
http://www.anti-squirrel.com/squirrel_attacks_biker.html

Yamada

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
RE: Motorcyclists beware
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 12:31:22 pm »
*falls off his chair in histerical laughter*
  I ended up crying with laughter half way through that, and it took alot longer to read than i expected.
  Thats the funniest thing i've read in ages.
   ;)

Hellblazer

Re: Motorcyclists beware
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 12:51:03 pm »
OMG that is too funny.

lonnarin

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 02:41:51 pm »
Squirrels are often the cause of electricity outages. The animals will enter transformers or capacitors looking for food. The squirrels are then electrocuted and cause a power surge that shorts equipment. Squirrels have brought down the high-tech NASDAQ stock market twice, and were responsible for a spate of power outages at the University of Alabama. They will often chew on tree branches to sharpen their teeth, but cannot tell the difference between a tree branch and a live power line. Rubber plates are sometimes used to prevent access to these facilities.

Squirrel meat, until recent times, was considered a favored meat in certain regions of the United States where it can be listed as wild game. This is evidenced by extensive recipes for its preparation found in cookbooks including the Joy of Cooking. Squirrel meat can easily be exchanged for rabbit or chicken in recipes with its light red or pink flesh which has only a slight game taste.

The word squirrelled, meaning to have hidden items away, is arguably the longest one-syllable word in the English language, with eleven letters. However, this is true only in certain dialects of American English; in many American English and all British English accents, it has two syllables.

and as for their offensive capabilities...  http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4489792.stm

So remember to feed the squirrels, or perhaps one day they will feed on you. Until next time...  *plays the Alfred Hitchcock music*

Hellblazer

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 05:33:38 pm »
Ye here in quebec near the big centers we have almost eliminated all the power outage due to squirrels.

muaddib

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 05:50:10 pm »
Due to the hilariousness of this artical I have changed my picture thing from the albino squirrel to the anti-squirrel thing.

Schmack

• Followers of Folian S'pae
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 08:46:56 pm »
*frowning, worried look on face* They've already taken over the police force, not too long until they take over the world... THE WORLD I TELLS YA!! *runs off in a maniacal fit of laughter... or perhaps... a fit of maniacal laughter...*

Eloyn

• Followers of Az'atta
    • Followers of Mist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 10:13:10 pm »
It sounded a little far fetched to me....Getting into his helmet?  A motorcycle helmet (Full ones, not the cap ones) Is pretty ... tight, now how the squierrel got in there with him....Yea I don't see it....Funny sure, but I think its BS

Niles09

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 01:48:23 am »
Disney have been warning us for years with Donald Duck and the two squirrels (dont know their english names :P) hopefully its not to late to stop their evil invasion. No... Their very evil mutant/ninja invasion!

Rasterick

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 02:20:31 am »
That conjuours all sort of funny images in my mind.

Let me get this right; he is talking about them fluffy cute little animals with bushy tails that climb trees and eat nuts?  

All my happy childhood memories of Tufty the squirel are now shattered, All I see now is some demonic  fluffy creature, hell bent on recking havoc and carnage..

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/films/1964to1979/filmpage_tufty.htm

Beeep

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 03:02:30 am »
    oh my, glad I've never met such a squirrel when I'm riding my bike... but a ... nice story to tell when the beer's come out ...

Hellblazer

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 11:08:44 am »
    Eloyn - 6/8/2006  1:13 AM

It sounded a little far fetched to me....Getting into his helmet?  A motorcycle helmet (Full ones, not the cap ones) Is pretty ... tight, now how the squierrel got in there with him....Yea I don't see it....Funny sure, but I think its BS

as it said his visor was not clossed all the way

anything