The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: No bridle or reins  (Read 535 times)

Mooneyes

No bridle or reins
« on: December 09, 2010, 09:46:59 am »
Everyone who knows me know that I have horses and ride alot.

I hope you enjoy this video of a girl who uses no rein or saddle.

YouTube - Stacy Westfall 2006
Mooneyes

The following users thanked this post: Hellblazer, Script Wrecked, davidhoff, willhoff, Pandapuff7

Warchild214

Re: No bridle or reins
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 10:44:18 am »
Impressive!

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 01:50:08 pm »
It's probably just because I don't know anything about riding horses, but I just can't see what they're getting so excited about. The sudden stop is pretty cool, but other than that, she's just riding it around.

That said, I'm sure it's much, much more involved than it looks. She just makes it look effortless.

Mooneyes

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 02:31:07 pm »
Hmmm, it takes years to train a horse to do this.  She is using nothing but leg pressure to control his movements. And you would have to be a horse enthusiast to really appreciate this. A 1000 pound horse under you no matter if your in saddle or doing something like this is truely a beautiful hobby. Just riding around is what you pay someone $40 to do for hour. :)

For the record I don't have the patience or knowledge to know how to do this. :)

Script Wrecked

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 08:18:00 pm »
Just... magic.

Mooneyes

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 04:11:32 pm »
Hello Folks,

It's been a while since I have been in game. Life has raised it's head and I have been training my appaloosa to do this. So fun :)

Miss you guys!
Angela/Mooneyes

Alatriel

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 06:17:52 pm »
That's really incredible.  There's just something that riding a horse completely bareback like that that always just makes me think "that's what freedom is."  Granted... I can't do it, but who knows, maybe it'll go on my bucket list ;)

anything